ACT, Canberra State Sponsorship - WHERE ARE YOU NOW

Big Bob

Hello Stiffmizer,

Me and Bob had some experience with VIC state nomination process but ACT is unchartered territory for both us. Having a look at some old posts in another forum tells us that ACT used to award sponsorship in a maximum of 60 days, but since they are being overwhelmed by the number of applications they have received, it is now taking a lot longer.

I had applied on March 13th and still waiting for a result.

One thing is certain - we should get our results before July 1st deadline. I spoke with the good lady at ACT Skills and business unit and she tells me that they will issue results before June 30th, so people can apply under the current points system.

I wish you good luck, lets hope for the best

Cheers,

TAA

Hi Big Ol Comrade..

My agent also had a word with Juliana and yes she is working so hard for all of US..Atleast they doc are about you and your application...So I am sure before July 1 ...You know my secret service and calculative news....had sad previous experience with VIC...ACT is generous...All the best Canberries :cute:..

Bob

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hmmuditha

Dear all,

This is what I received from Skilled and Business Migration unit today.

"Thank you for your email. We are currently processing applications received on the 7 March 2011, and this application was only received on the 11 May 2011 .We are only trying to accommodate these requests if the applicants are unable to apply after 1 July 2011 – that is, they will no longer meet the points required, however we cannot guarantee that we will get to your application, as we have hundreds of applications in the queue."

Therefore I am going to stop day dreaming.............................

hmmuditha

Dear all,

This is what I received from Skilled and Business Migration unit today.

"Thank you for your email. We are currently processing applications received on the 7 March 2011, and this application was only received on the 11 May 2011 .We are only trying to accommodate these requests if the applicants are unable to apply after 1 July 2011 – that is, they will no longer meet the points required, however we cannot guarantee that we will get to your application, as we have hundreds of applications in the queue."

Therefore I am going to stop day dreaming.............................

hmmuditha

Thanks hmmuditha...its a real important update...

Thats good news for you TAA...:wubclub: Atleast ACT cares for US:smile:

thanks & regards

Big Bob

Guest stiffmizer
Hello Stiffmizer,

Me and Bob had some experience with VIC state nomination process but ACT is unchartered territory for both us. Having a look at some old posts in another forum tells us that ACT used to award sponsorship in a maximum of 60 days, but since they are being overwhelmed by the number of applications they have received, it is now taking a lot longer.

I had applied on March 13th and still waiting for a result.

One thing is certain - we should get our results before July 1st deadline. I spoke with the good lady at ACT Skills and business unit and she tells me that they will issue results before June 30th, so people can apply under the current points system.

I wish you good luck, lets hope for the best

Cheers,

TAA

Thanks bruv...Thanks fo ryou kind info...Hope you and bob the very best this time...You both seem like sharing a beer at Canberra Pub...

SMZ

Guest boodzz

Hi,

I am from Kenya and have applied for ACT SMP under System Administrator and also have an MBA from Edith Cowan University. I have also registered for PMP and have been approved by PMI. I have over 11 years of experience in various managerial and CxO positions in IT sector. Because i didn't have any formal education in IT, ACS classified me as sys admin.

My app was received on 15th march and i expect the results next week. I wanted to know what do you feel about my chances and also how do they notify of the results of smp application.

because if they post it to me by regular mail then it will take 3 weeks to reach Nairobi and i will miss 1st July deadline, if my application is successful.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards

boodzz

Guest foha2012
Hi,

I am from Kenya and have applied for ACT SMP under System Administrator and also have an MBA from Edith Cowan University. I have also registered for PMP and have been approved by PMI. I have over 11 years of experience in various managerial and CxO positions in IT sector. Because i didn't have any formal education in IT, ACS classified me as sys admin.

My app was received on 15th march and i expect the results next week. I wanted to know what do you feel about my chances and also how do they notify of the results of smp application.

because if they post it to me by regular mail then it will take 3 weeks to reach Nairobi and i will miss 1st July deadline, if my application is successful.

Regards

boodzz

BoodZZ,

They will email you.

Cheers,

TAA

Well IMHO its upto the industry guys to decide wether you will have the chance to find a job once u arrive in Canberra, and i think that will have a lot to with your recent work experience esp. the last three years.

Best of luck anyway and do keep posting.

Hi,

Regards

boodzz

Hi boodzz

Welcome to ACT thread.. will copy your details right away.. I can answer only 1 question since nobody can speculate about anybody's application.What I can tell you is " ACT will e-mail you about the sponsorship ".Will paste your details on page 1 thanks.:wubclub:

regards

Big Bob

Good day to all ACT applicants, hope we see some purple this week. It's only 4 weeks to go before the new point system.

I created a filter rule in my e-mail if sender has word "@act.gov.au" forward it to my cellphone via SMS, so that I'll be notified right away. I hope I can use this filter rule before July 1 though :radar:

Good luck again to all of us.

Good day to all ACT applicants, hope we see some purple this week. It's only 4 weeks to go before the new point system.

I created a filter rule in my e-mail if sender has word "@act.gov.au" forward it to my cellphone via SMS, so that I'll be notified right away. I hope I can use this filter rule before July 1 though :radar:

Good luck again to all of us.

I have deleted my spam folder all in all...so it will be routed to my inbox mate:biglaugh:..

Seems I will get in another 3 weeks 6 days...:arghh:

regards

Big Bob

Guest foha2012

Bob,

Will you have 65 points under the new system ?

I am asking because you applied on 8th May and I don't think there is enough time to get SMP before July 1st.

Cheers,

TAA

Bob,

I am asking because you applied on 8th May and I don't think there is enough time to get SMP before July 1st.

Cheers,

TAA

I wonder why are you all so worried about July 1 esp. when you have ACT sponsorship. The only real major difference between the new and current points system is the IELTS points and i think all those who qualify for ACT sponsorship will automatically qualify after July 1 as well.

I have deleted my spam folder all in all...so it will be routed to my inbox mate:biglaugh:..

Seems I will get in another 3 weeks 6 days...:arghh:

regards

Big Bob

I want to be optimistic and hope the best for you, but i am afraid it seems impossible for ACT to reach a decision for even April applicants, let alone May, before July 1.

Guest foha2012
I wonder why are you all so worried about July 1 esp. when you have ACT sponsorship. The only real major difference between the new and current points system is the IELTS points and i think all those who qualify for ACT sponsorship will automatically qualify after July 1 as well.

Sigh !

I wish .. I really really really wish it were true !!

Qsar, unless I score 8 each, I will end up with 55 points !

Cheers,

TAA

Sigh !

I wish .. I really really really wish it were true !!

Qsar, unless I score 8 each, I will end up with 55 points !

Cheers,

TAA

Oh I am sorry.

I suspect that's because of the age factor then.

Bob,

Cheers,

TAA

TAA

Yes I just complete 65 points mate... :cute:...was just being optimistic for July 1st...God knows what will happen in OZ DIAC then...some shockers or what......

I want to be optimistic and hope the best for you, but i am afraid it seems impossible for ACT to reach a decision for even April applicants, let alone May, before July 1.

Yes boss... I am not just shooting in the air but came to know something called priority processing in state sponsorship...trying to get it through my agent...Will let you know.

regards Bob

Yeah priority processing if there's a job offer. I got normal priority in my acknowledgement receipt.

Hope all of us will be in ACT this year :wub:

My ACT photo last August 2010.

1-11.jpg

Guest boodzz

Hi all,

My application got refused as they feel I am more of IT manager and cant be fit for ACT.

So guys any new advise???

regards

amit shukla

@boodz,

sorry to hear that, but what is your ACS assessment? I am a Systems Administrator too. Though my career is really Systems Administrator from the start until now.

I check ACT SMP list and IT Manager is in the list with code 135111. When did you receive your SMP result?

Guest boodzz

@sohc

My acs assesment was also sys admin. I have been more into IT management so yes its ok if they say IT manager.

Can i reply to them and advise that if they can evaluate it under ICT manager. but they also said for IT manager i should be a citozen or familiar with government rules and regulations.

I am quite confused.

I got smp results 15mins back.

thanks for your response.

regards

boodzz.

@boodz,

Last march before I apply in ACT an agent told me that they had applicants who made it in second try but I wasn't able to ask which state.

I think not bad if you ask if they can consider under IT Manager. But in your e-mail I think would be good if you research and give details on AU government rules and regulations.

I'd just like to share what other papers I've sent to ACT. I got this checklist from other ACT applicants who passed state sponsorship which I think are very important.

1. Sample Job Advertisements - 3 or more.
  2. Sample House/Apartment for Rent Advertisement - 3 or more.
  3. Excel Spreadsheet - Breakdown of cash and expenses including VISA Fee, Airfare and monthly accommodation.

TURN ME PURPLE.

I woke up this morning to an email confirming they are going to accept us. All systems go now to get the visa in !!!!!!

Archived