Start of the long journey

australia94

After 20 years of dreaming, I have finally started the long road towards migration. I have been reading the soap opera that is PIO for a while and have now decided that I can wait no longer and had to jump in with both feet.

I have sent off my IELTS application today and tomorrow I'm going to speak to my head teacher and ask if she can sign my forms for trade recognition with AITSL (Not going to be a nice meeting). Going to wait until the changes happen in July (gives me extra points) before I apply for the visa.

Had years of waiting and studying, working. I've spoken to my future Mother in law, who is in denial that I may be taking her child and only grandchildren to the other side of the world. I'm less popular than usual. Other half is excited but still concerned about her mum.

I know its a long road but suddenly seems real. Weird feeling that I have taken the first step, instead of just talking and dreaming about it. I have no doubt that there will be ups and downs, laughter and tears. So be prepared for lots of questions (I'll try to search the forum first).

Good Luck to all of you that are on the same journey whether at the start like me, stuck in limbo, just got your visa (lucky sods) or already in the land of Oz.

Hopefully Perth. My great aunt and her kids and their familes all live in and around Scarborough to Alexander Heights area. They've been their since the 70's, I stayed with my aunt and I fell in love with the place when I visited in 1994 and 2001. Also one of my friends has just moved to Perth with his wife. I know its going to be difficult being so far away from the UK so I would prefer having a support network already in place if I can.

I have visited other parts of Australia and if not Perth then maybe Adelaide. But to be honest I will have to look at where the their are jobs for a Primary / secondary PE teacher and a Childcare NVQ Assessor / Teacher.

Guest LB2011

Good luck. We have not long started the process too, we are currently waiting to hear about WA SS.

Lots to do but worth it in the end.

Best of luck.

Guest kangabanga

Good luck, we too are just in the porcess of submitting our visa appliaction, and planning to move to Perth! Its all very exciting...and scary (more excited though!!):jiggy:

Scary I've just spoken to my Head teacher about signing my documents. Head was sad that I wanted to leave but was really positive about the opportunity in front of me.

She was keen to know the time scale and was relieved when I said it would probably be at least 2-3 years before the visa was granted and I was looking to move.

Seems really strange telling her about my plans and that the process of applying for my visa has started

Archived