VIC State Sponsorship

Kellex

We had a confirmation email from VIC State sponsorship on the 1st April to say our application is now being processed (after my husband had to submit a more detailed CV) and could take up to 12 weeks!

We have received an email this morning to advise my husband now needs to get his skills assessed with TRA before they can process the application further, they will hold it open for 3 months.

We do have everything ready to send to TRA so that is not a problem but was just wondering if anyone else has come across this with VIC?

If he gets the ok from TRA is it likely we will recieve the sponsorship from VIC?

Any comments or advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Hi Kellex

Not sure what profession your husband is but it seems to be a common, if not essential requirement to have skills formally assessed before the state (whichever you apply to) will consider the SS. As for whether he will then receive the SS ...it seems to be dependent on the feedback from the industry panel about the demand for someone of that occupation (i.e. will they likely find a job?), as well as other factors, like IELTS scores etc. That's my sense from the reading i've done, especially on this site (a great source of info and way to while away the weeks waiting!). Join the thread below, where you'll see who else is frantically checking their emails each morning to see if that joyous response from VIC has arrived! And good luck!

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/99554-new-vic-smp-where-you-now.html

Ok thanks, thought that would be the case

He has applied for telecoms linesworker

Have you applied to VIC for sponsorship?

I am confused about the IELTS test as my understanding is as a british passport holder and enough points he doesn't have to do it?

Heya,

Since you've already been referred to our little Vic world on PIO by NorthernSoul, I'd like to welcome you to join (on behalf of our captain Uli, of course!).

Coming to Vic asking skills assessment to be submitted, I'd say that's a huge positive sign. My understanding after digging about how Vic SS process works for months now is that they ask for skills assessment only when the Industry Panel has already approved the case and as a last step before the approval makes it's way to your door!!

Here's my post about the same:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/99554-new-vic-smp-where-you-now-364.html#post1053086

Congrats!! :hug:

armandra!

Ok thanks, thought that would be the case

He has applied for telecoms linesworker

Have you applied to VIC for sponsorship?

I am confused about the IELTS test as my understanding is as a british passport holder and enough points he doesn't have to do it?

Yes, i'm waiting to hear about my application for VIC sponsorship (8 weeks wait so far!) and also a Brit - if you don't need the points and it doesn't specifcially state it in the VIC eligibility list (which looking it doesn't for telecoms lineworkers - only min 5 years experience), then you're let off IELTS...that's the case for me at the moment. It might change though, particualrly under new points system - for me, if I don't get the visa applied for before July, I will need the extra IELTS points so an extra reason why i hope the SS comes before July. :arghh:

Hi,

We got victoria sponsorship a couple months ago. We were asked for a skills assessment and when I emailed it to them we got sponsorship following day, so I think it's positive for you they are requesting it. Good luck

Archived