Adding Girlfriend and her child to an existing application

ashleymhale

Hi everyone, I have a question and any help or inormation would be very gratefully recieved.

I have a current application lodged with South Australia for State Sponsorship. I have had my skills successfully approved. I havent applied for the 176 visa yet.

I just wanted to know how easy it would be to add my girlfriend to my application. She also has a 4 year old child from a previous relationship that would need to be added also.

Is this possible? Many thanks for your help.

Guest Tillyloola
I can provide evidence as photos, birthday cards, valentines etc. I'm not sure how else you provide evidence. Thanks for the link though i'll take a look.

I'm not sure but I think that its the same kind of evidence as you would need as if you were applying for a defacto visa.

You would have to provide evidence of you living together in the way of either joint mortgage / tenancy agreements, joint bank accounts, joint bills or any official documentation in either name going to the same address. I think that you may be able to get away with only showing six months co habitation rather than the whole 12 months thats usually required, but I'm sure someone will advise.

From what I've seen getting permission for a child to go on the visa can be as simple or difficult as the absent parent wants to make it. Its ultimately down to them if they choose to sign and if they don't, it can mean a very long and drawn out battle

Archived