Non-migrating dependants question - bit of a strange one!

saz71

We're just preparing to apply for 176 visa after obtaining a successful skills assessment and state sponsorship from Victoria. I've been going through the forms today to ensure I've got all the information together.

My husband has 2 daughters from a previous relationship. They were born in NZ and are NZ citizens (we're in the UK). His ex remained in NZ and has full custody but he obviously sends maintenance so they will be included as non migrating dependants on our app.

My concern is the medical checks and whether this will be required if they are NZ citizens ? Just worrying in advance about the logistics of this because of the distance between us and organising things like this (although I appreciate we'll have time to sort out over the coming months!)

TIA

Thanks for the reply Pumpkin, getting medicals done could prove to be difficult so I think I'll contact some migration agents for advice as although we have time to try and sort I'd rather know what the score is before we submit our app and pay the fee - I'd hate for us to be unsuccessful because of this.

You can complete an acknowledgment of understanding (I think thats what it is called) which advises DIAC what steps you took to try and get the medical done and confirms that should the non migrating dependants wish to obtain a visa for Oz in the future, they must apply for their own visa.

Obviously, this is just if you're unable to get the medical done

You can complete an acknowledgment of understanding (I think thats what it is called) which advises DIAC what steps you took to try and get the medical done and confirms that should the non migrating dependants wish to obtain a visa for Oz in the future, they must apply for their own visa.

Obviously, this is just if you're unable to get the medical done

Thanks Claretjon - that's reassuring. I may be overly pessimistic and it may be that we can organise things OK but at least there may be some way of sorting it should the worst case scenario happen.

Guest Coxy04

R they migrating with you? Doesn't sound like they are. If they're not migrating with you, tho you have to put them on visa form, they won't be getting visa, so won't be needing to do medicals>

R they migrating with you? Doesn't sound like they are. If they're not migrating with you, tho you have to put them on visa form, they won't be getting visa, so won't be needing to do medicals>

Yes they will be asked to do medicals. All dependents need to, migrating or otherwise.

Archived