Medicals in Maidenhead!

paulswin

Anyone got their medicals in Maidenhead next week?? We've got ours on Tuesday!!!

Hi there

we had our medicals at the Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead back in Feb. They were fantastic! the team there are so helpful and professional and we got our meds finalised very quickly.

we had some problems as we thought we were using the Ehealth system but when we arrived we weren't set up properly. Anyway we got there in the end and the staff could see we were stressed and couldn't have done more to help us and take the stress away.

hope it goes well and you get them finalised quickly

Jo

Hi there

we had our medicals at the Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead back in Feb. They were fantastic! the team there are so helpful and professional and we got our meds finalised very quickly.

we had some problems as we thought we were using the Ehealth system but when we arrived we weren't set up properly. Anyway we got there in the end and the staff could see we were stressed and couldn't have done more to help us and take the stress away.

hope it goes well and you get them finalised quickly

Jo

Thanks Jo

I spoke to the clinic on Thurs and they actually checked if we were on the system for e-health and we weren't! (apparently 90% of people aren't) so they advise us of the forms we needed to complete for paper-based meds and told us that we needed to bring passport photos along too. They were very helpful :biggrin:

Anyone got their medicals in Maidenhead next week?? We've got ours on Tuesday!!!

Hi Paul

Meant to say to you that it might b worth you calling them to check that you are on the system for ehealth otherwise you will need to take passport sized photos with you and complete an extra couple of forms. Let me know if you need more detail. It tells you on their website what you need for paper-based meds though.

Carla

Hi guys thanks for the info!! OUr agent sent us forms with EH on them I thought they would be sent electronically? How do you know if you're set up for ehealth?? I've got forms 26EH and 160EH and the registration form is that all I need as well as passport photos!

Guest LucyOlly

Hi

We had our meds done at Bridge CLinic in Maidenhead yesterday. They were really good. Very friendly and ever so helpful!

I think there is a lot of confusion over the eHealth system though. I could not open the forms on my online status and as such apparently was not registered for eHealth. I had no information sent to me about how to register for eHealth so it is all still a bit of a mystery. Luckily though....these days I always have passport photos of us as it seems you never know when you might need them!

Does anyone know how long the paper based meds are taking to finalise at the moment? This is the last thing for us so hopefully it won't be long until we hear some good news:jiggy:

Hi guys thanks for the info!! OUr agent sent us forms with EH on them I thought they would be sent electronically? How do you know if you're set up for ehealth?? I've got forms 26EH and 160EH and the registration form is that all I need as well as passport photos!

Hi Paul

I rang and spoke to the Maidenhead clinic and they checked online for me and said we weren't registered even though we applied for the visa electronically. The paperbased medical forms are more or less the same 26 and 160 so just without the EH at the end.

Hi

We had our meds done at Bridge CLinic in Maidenhead yesterday. They were really good. Very friendly and ever so helpful!

I think there is a lot of confusion over the eHealth system though. I could not open the forms on my online status and as such apparently was not registered for eHealth. I had no information sent to me about how to register for eHealth so it is all still a bit of a mystery. Luckily though....these days I always have passport photos of us as it seems you never know when you might need them!

Does anyone know how long the paper based meds are taking to finalise at the moment? This is the last thing for us so hopefully it won't be long until we hear some good news:jiggy:

Hi

Glad to hear your meds went well. When I spoke to them last week they said that they get results back and signed off by Docs after one week and then it takes abut a week for them to get to Oz. Where abouts you heading?

Guest Watsons

Hi, We had our meds done at the Bridge Clinic on the 11 March and they were finalised on 1 April. Whilest the staff were great you need to chase for them to confirm your meds have been sent off after 1 week. Ours took 10 days. The tracking system on Royal Mail is absolutely terrible (as at today our tracking number still shows that the envelope is still to be delivered), so you have to keep your figure on the pulse so to speak.

Hope that this helps.

Cheers

Ian

Hi, We had our meds done at the Bridge Clinic on the 11 March and they were finalised on 1 April. Whilest the staff were great you need to chase for them to confirm your meds have been sent off after 1 week. Ours took 10 days. The tracking system on Royal Mail is absolutely terrible (as at today our tracking number still shows that the envelope is still to be delivered), so you have to keep your figure on the pulse so to speak.

Hope that this helps.

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian

How do you know when your meds are finalised? Do the clinic call and tell you if you passed your med too?

Thanks

Carla

Hi Ian

How do you know when your meds are finalised? Do the clinic call and tell you if you passed your med too?

Thanks

Carla

Hi Carla,

We had our meds done at The Bridge Clinic, Maidenhead too. We were frontloading them (Dec2010), so I never checked to see how long it took for them to get there (Sydney) but we were told by the clinic on the day that we had all passed our meds.

Lovely staff, the Doctor had us all in stitches whilst doing his examinations - the kids really enjoyed the whole experience. Also we met Rolf Harris while we were in the waiting room! Apparently he frequents there as he lives nearby and uses them as his GP. He was so lovely and had a long chat with us all. Never thought we would get a send off from Mr Oz himself at our meds! lol

Hope your meds arrive quickly,

Liz x

Hi Carla,

We had our meds done at The Bridge Clinic, Maidenhead too. We were frontloading them (Dec2010), so I never checked to see how long it took for them to get there but we were told by them on the day that we had all passed our meds.

Lovely staff, the Doctor had us all in stitches whilst doing his examinations - the kids really enjoyed the whole experience. Also we met Rolf Harris while we were in the waiting room! Apparently he frequents there as he lives nearby and uses them as his GP. He was so lovely and had a long chat with us all. Never thought we would get a send off from Mr Oz himself at our meds! lol

Hope your meds arrive quickly,

Liz x

Hi Liz

How funny! fancy meeting up with Rolf Harris!!!! Bet the children wondered who he was? Thanks for the reassurance on the meds - we are having ours done tomorrow afternoon:biggrin: Just wanted to get them sorted before we went on holiday.

Good luck with the move to WA x

Guest LucyOlly
Hi

Glad to hear your meds went well. When I spoke to them last week they said that they get results back and signed off by Docs after one week and then it takes abut a week for them to get to Oz. Where abouts you heading?

Hi Sherbetdip

We are off (I hope!) to Perth. It's been a long wait! Hopefully over soon and then the fun part of the adventure can begin! Must admit that the whole visa process has been hard, especially when they changed everything last year....but they seem to be processing them very quickly at the moment so it's good to see so many people on here achieve 'visa granted' status! Best of luck with yours :spinny:

• 2 weeks later...

We had our medicals done at Maidenhead on the 5th April, They were sent in the post by the clinic on the 14th April. Just sitting waiting for them to arrive in Australia.

Our tracking info on the Royal Mail website just says the item has been sent; not sure if the service they sent them with includes delivery info as well.

Also checking auspost.com.au to see if they have any record of arrival but nothing so far.

Probably still another 5-10 days to wait for arrival

Guest sivakumar

Hi mates, I want to under go the medical at Maidenhead. Could you guys let me know the quickest route to the hospital from Victoria Coach Station please?

Guest Sam C
Also we met Rolf Harris while we were in the waiting room! Apparently he frequents there as he lives nearby and uses them as his GP. He was so lovely and had a long chat with us all. Never thought we would get a send off from Mr Oz himself at our meds!

That is awesome! I've got my meds tomorrow in London, damn should have gone for Maidenhead...

• 1 month later...
Guest alix1412

What kind of waiting time was there for appointments at the Maidenhead Clinic? We're about to submit our 176 form and wondering about the "front loading" issue. If it takes ages to get an appointment, this might help us with a decision as to whether to go ahead before being instructed.

Thanks all.

What kind of waiting time was there for appointments at the Maidenhead Clinic? We're about to submit our 176 form and wondering about the "front loading" issue. If it takes ages to get an appointment, this might help us with a decision as to whether to go ahead before being instructed.

Thanks all.

Hiya - they we able to get us in within ten days! Good luck!

Guest alix1412

Ooh good that's not long at all - thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alix1412

With regards to front loading, I saw that you have to present your referral letter to the Panel doctor along with all the other documentation. How can you front load docs if you have to provide this info does anyone know how to get around this?

Thanks again...

Guest hrimmer3011

Hope there, hope you don't mind me picking your brains!! A quick question re your meds at maidenhead, we have ours on 24th June, taking ALL the kids with us, does the doctor chat/speak to kids as in: How are you? How do you feel? How are you doing at school? Have they been ill? What they like etc, Just wondering as to whether we prime the kids to say "We all eat our veg and fruit and always outside playing and never watch tv/playstation/x box and we adore school!!" (LOL) :biggrin::biggrin:

hi all, we have our meds at maidenhead on the 23rd. they said we werent on the e health referral list, we wanted to use e health as apparently its instant once they upload the results! Has anyone thats been to maidenhead used e health or has eveyone had to do them paper and posted by mail? We need to get it done asap and really dont want to go down route of having them posted and it might take forever!!

Archived