meet up Near Belfast !!!!!!!! N.I

chrisandelaine

Guest Jamie Hunter

Yeah, she'll settle quickly - we hope anyway. Yeah, sunday afternoon sounds like a plan. I work alternating shifts and my wifes a nurse so her off duty isnt great for mid week things - Wednesdays being the exception.

Hi jamie hunter and bryansc, just wondering are you guys Nurses???

i,m a nurse in district at the mo and was wondering if you had to do The IELTS TEST before you started your visa process ?

And do u need it to register with anmc...I have to repeat....I was only 0.5 band of writing and 1 band of reading... 9 in both Listening and speaking... money scam if you ask me...lol

Guest Jamie Hunter

My wifes a nurse (theatres), got registration in March 2011 and a job awaits her in Brisbane but, she didnt have to the IELTS TEST.

457 Visa granted 2 weeks ago :-)

Hi jamie hunter and bryansc, just wondering are you guys Nurses???

i,m a nurse in district at the mo and was wondering if you had to do The IELTS TEST before you started your visa process ?

And do u need it to register with anmc...I have to repeat....I was only 0.5 band of writing and 1 band of reading... 9 in both Listening and speaking... money scam if you ask me...lol

Hi the Hulls.... I am a midwife and yes I did have to do the IELTS Test. Although when I started the visa process over 2 years ago, it was not required for the actual visa (with the DIAC or the ANMC), but it was required to enable me to gain registration as a midwife. I did it at Queens University and did pass 1st time, but I did find it very difficult indeed, the reading part in particular!!! I have some of the books if you think they would be useful to you, but maybe you already have some, you can let me know. And yes I agree, it does seem like a money scam!!!! Catherine

Thanks Catherine, but I have books to practice again...... I felt I did ok but the reading like you said can be hard.. timing a big issue.. Good luck with your future plans...We have a daughter of 3 and we want to give her better oppurtunities by heading to Aus... Have a nurse friend over there at the mo and she loves it.. Will chat soon .Linda.:laugh:

Hi all sorry we havent been on the last week, good to see plenty of us going to meet up on 9th JULY. elaine is also a Nurse, and yes she thought for sure she was going to fail the ielts test, but got it ok 8's across, well it surprised me thats for sure lolol.

Jamie thansk for the facebook add, easy way to keep contact for the meet up etc.

chat to you all soon, and if you have any probs or qeuries sure give us a shout ot a wee text.

chris and elaine.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes Chris,

As from the phone call,

We will be there,me,Linda and Leah 3yr old.

:wink:

Will we meet at the BIG spiral monument thing inside the gates as no one really knows what the others look like:confused:

What time is the meeting at again to confirm?

• 3 months later...
Hi the Hulls.... I am a midwife and yes I did have to do the IELTS Test. Although when I started the visa process over 2 years ago, it was not required for the actual visa (with the DIAC or the ANMC), but it was required to enable me to gain registration as a midwife. I did it at Queens University and did pass 1st time, but I did find it very difficult indeed, the reading part in particular!!! I have some of the books if you think they would be useful to you, but maybe you already have some, you can let me know. And yes I agree, it does seem like a money scam!!!! Catherine

hi catherine, not sure if your,e on this forum anymore.. just to let you know our update. i,ve now got the band i need to apply for visa.. have to do skills assessment now and then ss and then visa app.. get the house up for sale and then go for it.. how u guys doing?? linda:biggrin:

hi catherine, not sure if your,e on this forum anymore.. just to let you know our update. i,ve now got the band i need to apply for visa.. have to do skills assessment now and then ss and then visa app.. get the house up for sale and then go for it.. how u guys doing?? linda:biggrin:

Hi Linda. I'm glad everything is now falling into place for you!! :biggrin: We sold our house in September and are now renting. We decided as our two eldest children have exams to do next June, that we would wait until then to move. So for the time being we are staying here. Will get things organised after Christmas (booking a removal company etc). :jiggy:

Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you and keep in touch. Catherine

Hi Linda. I'm glad everything is now falling into place for you!! :biggrin: We sold our house in September and are now renting. We decided as our two eldest children have exams to do next June, that we would wait until then to move. So for the time being we are staying here. Will get things organised after Christmas (booking a removal company etc). :jiggy:

Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you and keep in touch. Catherine

Awk, thank you catherine.. so glad you sold your house that,s something to tick off the list... yep i,m so glad finally we can now start the long process but hopefully we,ll be renting soon ourselves and then plan to move.. where you thinking of heading to. We want to go to Perth.. and have u been in contact with jamie and vivienne they,re in brisbane and love it..

Chat soon Linda. xx

Archived