1 month until we fly - anyone else want to join me in "limbo land" ?!

junellew

Good point.

But then I'd have to pay for a taxi :wink:

Yes! ridiculous thing for me to worry about too, I know it'll be hard to say goodbye at the airport but it's either that or crying in a strangers car for over an hour? (and thoroughly annoying my stoical hubbie). We have the estate agent coming round for first look on thursday so about to enter limbo land, OH off shore working so i have far too much time going from sheer excitement to dreaded fear! Is this normal? I also am finding working very hard as it's getting in the way of my panicking!!

Gill x

Yes! ridiculous thing for me to worry about too, I know it'll be hard to say goodbye at the airport but it's either that or crying in a strangers car for over an hour? (and thoroughly annoying my stoical hubbie). We have the estate agent coming round for first look on thursday so about to enter limbo land, OH off shore working so i have far too much time going from sheer excitement to dreaded fear! Is this normal? I also am finding working very hard as it's getting in the way of my panicking!!

Gill x

Yes, try as I might to keep my mind off things while at work I can't. But now I'm in my notice period and I'm getting no new work so it doesn't matter.

Yes the mood swings are enough to make you think you are slightly psychotic!

Guest the hamlyns

Hi all, we are in the early stages of limbo land, we have the visa, but we have to wait until we sell our house before we can book flights. we got the visa mid feb, wow so exiting, then followed a month of furious DIY to get the house ready to sell, put it on the market expecting a flood of viewers and so far...just the one! There are so many emotional ups and downs its incredible, you daren't get exited until you get the visa, you get it and are over the moon, then reality kicks in and you realise you need to calm down until you sell your house (under SA SS we have to take around £30k with us, not sure how they will check if we've got it?) we now have a second viewing booked for friday, is anyone else in the same position waiting to sell before they can go? A lot of you seem to be renting, but don't think we have that option. We have 3 boys aged 2, 4 and 6 so ideally would like to wait until they finish school in July and depart maybe towards the end of August, heading for Adelaide.:biggrin:

Yes, try as I might to keep my mind off things while at work I can't. But now I'm in my notice period and I'm getting no new work so it doesn't matter.

Yes the mood swings are enough to make you think you are slightly psychotic!

ooh I fantasise about my notice period! did try to resign on a napkin last friday but was refused!

Our flight date will also be set once our flat has sold, i was so hoping that the first viewer always buys??

gill x

Guest Summerbee

Hey all, I am also in limbo land! Visa granted today, but still having to wait... My partner currently lives in Melbourne but we decided we'd rather settle in Bris, so he's selling his place to buy one together. I can't book my flights though until his apartment has been cleared, and it's officially on the market, and he is in Brisbane. His parents are letting us live in their holiday home while we sell the old place and buy our own.

We've waited so long to get this far, but now we are so close and being stuck waiting around is so frustrating :arghh:

ooh I fantasise about my notice period! did try to resign on a napkin last friday but was refused!

Our flight date will also be set once our flat has sold, i was so hoping that the first viewer always buys??

gill x

Ah I'm sure it will. Just need the right person along.

We had our first viewing for our place last night for someone to rent it and they went in and paid a deposit this morning so it can happen.

Also sold one of the cars last night too so it's now falling into place here. Don't really feel in Limbo now with flights booked, accommodation booked and some of the big things tied up here.

Guest the hamlyns

gill x

Hi, yes we thought that would happen too, you do all this DIY, painting, tidying and cleaning, even landscaped our front garden,( our house has never looked so good!) and expect floods of viewers, it's really frustrating when they are just trickling in..still you only need 1 person to love it, so I guess its quality over quantity any day! Just can't wait to get to "the next stage" but still don't think I dare book flights until we've completed the sale just in case something goes wrong!

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let you all know we leave tomorrow - limbo land is officially over for this little family. Good luckto all those with still to make it through :hug:and I'm sure we will see you on the sunny side real soon :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Guest the hamlyns

Good luck to you, hope you have a safe journey. We feel like it's a long way off, still waiting to sell our house, not much interest at the moment. Still in limbo land!

Archived