Electronic Application Status Inquiry

inception

Why is it that between 8am -5 pm Australia time, the electronic application inquiry system is always down? I have been trying to access it for the last 4 hours without any success. This happened last week as well. I was only able to log in later that evening. Is this happening because too many applicants are trying to access the system at once putting pressure on the server or is it because the DIAC officers are updating information in the system or could it be because of routine system maintenance or failure? It is happening too often now and it is quite frustrating to be honest.

Guest TommyOz
Why is it that between 8am -5 pm Australia time, the electronic application inquiry system is always down? I have been trying to access it for the last 4 hours without any success. This happened last week as well. I was only able to log in later that evening. Is this happening because too many applicants are trying to access the system at once putting pressure on the server or is it because the DIAC officers are updating information in the system or could it be because of routine system maintenance or failure? It is happening too often now and it is quite frustrating to be honest.

Yeh I can confirm that its not accessible at the moment. Very annoying was I looked forward to checking it today!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, I cannot access it either.

Not sure mate. As far as I know scheduled maintenance is done every Wednesday.

Regards,

MOTO

Not for me, still have no access to it. The weird thing is that i was able to logon for a brief period of time, but when i clicked on visa entitlement link there was " This service is temporarily unavailable." message. Now i have no access at all.

Regards,

MOTO

Guest jackd
Not for me, still have no access to it. The weird thing is that i was able to logon for a brief period of time, but when i clicked on visa entitlement link there was " This service is temporarily unavailable." message. Now i have no access at all.

Regards,

MOTO

Hi, moto

I am also facing same problem like you I also able to logon for a brief period of time but when I clicked on visa entitlement link there was the same message this service is temporarily unavailable.

Regard's

jackd.:notworthy:

To be hones with you, I don’t understand how their system works. If they are not updating my file, then why can’t I access it? Take internet banking for example, when I am using it, it still can be used by other customers at the same time. However, it does not seem to be the case with DIAC'S evisa system.

PS.

I am sure it’s just another glitch in their system.

Regards,

MOTO

Is anyone else still unable to log on to the system?

I saw a short message Friday saying the system would be down for maintenance 1st/2nd but still today I just get an error message.

Yeah, one would think that the immigration department would have a robust system. Worries me really. What if the whole system crashed one fine day leaving no trace of any GSM applicants? Hard to imagine, eh?... even the dial up Internet days were better than this. Is it the lack of resources that is stopping them from getting better servers or are the IT support guys just plain incompetent? Hmm, this goes to show that Australia still needs skilled migration... big time.

Isn't it weird... DIAC have this state of the art, sophisticated online status inquiry system and they hardly use it. What I mean by this is, the CO does not bother to update your status online. A lot of times you hear applicants telling you how they got their visas after weeks and months without any changes in their online status. One wonders what the point is in having a dedicated page just for checking your status when the COs are so reluctant to use it in the first place. At least, it will give us less heart ache and will definitely keep us sane if it wasn't there. For starters, we wouldn't all be logging on every 2 seconds to check our 'status'... which hardly ever changes anyway, if at all. The whole thing is pure madness!

Problem solved; whatever the upgrade they did to the system over the weekend, the eVisa system doesn´t like Google Chrome........... changed to Explorer and everything works.

Still no visa though :no:

Archived