Medical forms for non-migrating dependant

southerncrossfj

I was asked by my CO to submit the medicals for my son (17 years) who lives with my ex wife in my home country (I live in a third country), and have managed to persuade them to do that.

According to DIAC's info, he should take "Health Examination Referral" for eHealth, or otherwise Form 26EH/160EH since my application was lodged electronically.

However, my son is not appearing in my online application status perhaps because he is not migrating so I can't download any of the above form for him. In this case should I download the blank Form 26/160 (not EH) and let my son to use it?

Some info says "Do not use Forms 26 or 160 if you are applying online from outside Australia" ..... would anyone please kindly advise me what to do?

Thank you for your kind suggestion but unfortunately I can't submit PLE by myself as I'm using an agent.

Of course I have been asking the agent of the same but he hardly responds, or keep saying

"I'm not sure" or "I will inform you as soon as we have a reply from DIAC.", etc.... hopeless but I don't want to bother as my long trip seems to be coming closer to the end.

I will probably contact you when I need an agent next time.

Have managed to get my agent to have the words from CO who wrote;

"The referral letter (Health Examination Referral) is not provided anymore for medicals. This practise was discarded a while ago. As long as the applicant has their current passport and a copy of the request letter they can approach any panel doctor for a medical exam."

This sounds funny.... does it mean no forms are required???

The panel doctor is requesting to bring the Health Examination Referral or Form 26EH/160EH for online application, or Form 26/160 for paper application. My application was done online but no access to download the forms for non-migrating child.

I may have no other option but to let him take Form 26/160 (not EH).

Guest Irmaal

Our situation is the same. I applied online, agent sent me 26 and 160 forms which panel doctor will send by post to DIAC along with medicals completed. I think it's normal. The only thing that I think is unnormal is that they require medicals for non-migrating non-dependent child over 16 (my husbands child from his previous mariage living in another family). Why they need medicals from person who does not have any relation to me or any interest to application?

The only thing that I think is unnormal is that they require medicals for non-migrating non-dependent child over 16 (my husbands child from his previous mariage living in another family). Why they need medicals from person who does not have any relation to me or any interest to application?

Please refer to Medicals for Non Migrating Children : British Expat Wiki

Kind regards,

Archived