gr8leo87

Guest guest41018
Hi,

IMHO you are generalizing it, as you may not have the personal experience. As matter of fact we even do not know which department is doing the security checks in our country. I can not agree with you more that we do have some black sheep's in all departments but this is not exceptional with Pakistan only.

Regards

On the contrary, I have extensive experience of the incompetence of Pakistanis, their propensity to pass the buck, procrastinate and do nothing if it doesn't affect them personally - my parents are of Pakistani origin, but you can dismiss me as a "BBCD" if you like, it makes little difference to me. Pakistan IS the exception and security checks for Pakistan appear to be taking longer than anywhere else by a significant margin. The High Commission in Islamabad is notorious for its dithering, for example. If you want to pretend that there is no problem, why not put it down to some silly conspiracy theory and say that I am an Indian in disguise, it's your next assumption isn't it ?

I am all for not washing one's dirty linen in public, but I draw the line when it affects me personally and profoundly, directly or indirectly, and it's about time that those in Pakistan realised that their delusional perception of themselves bears little resemblance to the perception people have of Pakistan/Pakistanis outside Pakistan and that those in Pakistan need to get their act together - they are the cause of Pakistan's negative press, nobody else.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest41018
Then what is your CO doing ? He had to send your file for security checks as soon as he was assigned to your application

I have the same problem around two months ago my stupid CO said my application is under internal checks I fear my file has not been sent for security checks

In this case I would be totally screwed up due to my CO's stupidity

I don't know what sort of priority it is :mad:

I have planned to wait until May and then make a complaint against my CO

Regards

I would hold your horses, if they haven't initiated security checks you are way off. Whilst administrative error is possible, I daresay those from certain HR jurisdictions will require a greater number of verifications before the internal checks are completed.

I would hold your horses, if they haven't initiated security checks you are way off. Whilst administrative error is possible, I daresay those from certain HR jurisdictions will require a greater number of verifications before the internal checks are completed.

Ok As you say I am required to undergo greater internal check ( I am not a pakistani and I am an Iranian). Then how many checks do they have to conduct for my case ?

1- IELTS ( can be done in a minute or less through online system)

2- Qualification

3- Job verification

and nothing more !

How long do really these checks take ?

Regards

Ok As you say I am required to undergo greater internal check ( I am not a pakistani and I am an Iranian). Then how many checks do they have to conduct for my case ?

2- Qualification

3- Job verification

and nothing more !

Regards

Rationally these checks must don’t take more than 2 months but I think policy is interfering in this:mad:

Hi there

Today I've received the second e-mail from ASIO,I was surprised to reply to my enquiry.

Correspondence reference: 2011/380

File reference: 2010/76

Dear ***********

Visa inquiry – **********

I refer to your inquiry concerning any security assessment that may be required for this visa application and advise there is no current case with ASIO.

Please contact the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) for information about your application.

On behalf of

Inspector-General

25 March 2011

Office of the Inspector-General of Intelligence and Security

P +61 2 6271 5692 F+61 2 6271 5696 Inspector General of Intelligence and Security

I was allocated a case officer on 31/01/2011, I had a job verification call on 05/03/2011 and a call about my qualification on 15/03/2011 and since then I haven't heard anything...My police certificate and form 80 are met...Do you think that DIAC will restrict my file to internal check only:biggrin: or the killing waiting hasn't started yet:mad:

when did you send the inquiry? did you email or use online form?

when did you send the inquiry? did you email or use online form?

I sent the first e-mail on 08/03/2001 and got a reply on the same day requesting me to send them some additionnal details like date of birth and date of visa application which I sent to them on 09/03/2011 and finally got a reply today saying that NO current case with them:biggrin:

I sent the first e-mail on 08/03/2001 and got a remply on the same say requesting me to send them some additionnal details like date of birth and date of visa application which I sent to them on 09/03/2011 and finally got a reply today saying that NO current case with them:biggrin:

Could you mention to what email address you sent your inquiry and what information did you give to them and how did you ask them to check your application ?

Regards

Guest guest41018

2- Qualification

3- Job verification

and nothing more !

Regards

Iran is classed in the HR bracket. The internal checks are done by DIAC staff in the Australian High Commission/Embassy of your country of application, so the blame may well lie in Iran. It's more than just verifying the 3 things you mention, verifying identity is a key issue and that can take time and I am pretty sure they do checks on ALL members of your family just in case they decide to emigrate at a later stage.

Given when you applied, I think you are being slightly impatient - if I were you I'd be expecting a conclusion mid-late 2012.

Could you mention to what email address you sent your inquiry and what information did you give to them and how did you ask them to check your application ?

Regards

TO: info@igis.gov.au

Dear Sir /Madam,

Applicant Name: *********

Transaction Reference Number (TRN): ********

Passeport number: ********

I have been recently informed by my case officer that my skilled visa application is under routine processing. The details of my application are above.

I am writing to you to ask if you could please tell me if you have received a referral from DIAC about my application.

It would be very helpful if you could reply me as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely,

But you should add your date and place of birth and the date of visa application

Iran is classed in the HR bracket. The internal checks are done by DIAC staff in the Australian High Commission/Embassy of your country of application, so the blame may well lie in Iran. It's more than just verifying the 3 things you mention, verifying identity is a key issue and that can take time and I am pretty sure they do checks on ALL members of your family just in case they decide to emigrate at a later stage.

Given when you applied, I think you are being slightly impatient - if I were you I'd be expecting a conclusion mid-late 2012.

As far as I have noticed none other HR country's checks take longer than those of Pakistan's.

Recently, I have seen some Pakistani applicants got visas in one year. A friend of mine applied first week of Jan 2010.. and got visa mid-late feb 2011(submitted form80 in March). Another one applied october 2009 and got visa november 2010. So I have seen there are some quick cases as well.

And for an iranian application, a 176 one, I would suppose a grant near the end of this year is more realistic. I wouldn't be surprised if the applicant gets his grant before the end of 2011.

As far as I have noticed none other HR country's checks take longer than those of Pakistan's.

Recently, I have seen some Pakistani applicants got visas in one year. A friend of mine applied first week of Jan 2010.. and got visa mid-late feb 2011(submitted form80 in March). Another one applied october 2009 and got visa november 2010. So I have seen there are some quick cases as well.

And for an iranian application, a 176 one, I would suppose a grant near the end of this year is more realistic. I wouldn't be surprised if the applicant gets his grant before the end of 2011.

Thank for your rely. I was thinking the same way but today an Iranian applicant got her grant in 6 months and seems her application was not even sent for security checks.She was requested to submit her medical and pcc's once she was assigned a CO in Jan 2011. I have been assigned a CO since DEc 2010 and all checklist shown as MET but not yet been requested to submit Medical and PCC

Regards

Thank for your rely. I was thinking the same way but today an Iranian applicant got her grant in 6 months and seems her application was not even sent for security checks.She was requested to submit her medical and pcc's once she was assigned a CO in Jan 2011. I have been assigned a CO since DEc 2010 and all checklist shown as MET but not yet been requested to submit Medical and PCC

Regards

If your form80 is met and then most probably you don't need to be going thjrough the security assessment.

Guest faysal
I hope so, Thanks for your reply

Regards :wubclub:

Hi Reza,

You have got the case officer in 03/2010 almost one year ago and decision has not yeat been made on your application means your application has gone through security check and as form 80 is met then security clearance has come through I believe, soon you will be requested to submit med and pcc and will get a decision.

Some case officer do the security check after med and pcc but some does the security check first and then request the med and pcc.

Guest faysal
Hi Reza,

You have got the case officer in 03/2010 almost one year ago and decision has not yeat been made on your application means your application has gone through security check and as form 80 is met then security clearance has come through I believe, soon you will be requested to submit med and pcc and will get a decision.

Some case officer do the security check after med and pcc but some does the security check first and then request the med and pcc.

Hello Reza, plez ignore the message as you have got the case officer on dec 2010 sorry for the mistake.

Guest bilaln30
The CO usually goes through details in the Form 80 and sends it away 2-4 weeks after you would send it to them - we know this because we found out that the date they passed it on was a couple of weeks after we sent the Form 80 to them. Once done, it takes them a couple of weeks to process the response before responding to the applicant(s). You will note that November 2009 to March 2011 is about 16 months (not 18). One is led to believe that it is currently taking 15 months for Pakistanis for security check and this would confirm it.

We are currently at 14 months.

But do you have any idea why this time keep increasing. It started off with 3 months and within a span of 6 months this time rose to 15 or 18 months.

Guest faysal
Our MA recently contacted our CO and learned that security checks have been going on since January 2010. We contacted IGIS in November 2010, but were given the standard non-answer. Incidentally we're both UK residents/nationals, but my wife was born in an HR country and hasn't been resident there for approximately 30 years (left aged 5) like the rest of her family.

As all of you may be aware, IGIS oversees/reviews the activity of ASIO, but given what appears to be the rather indifferent response/approach taken by IGIS and given that we are not aware of whether IGIS are actually doing anything from their standard response, does anybody know who oversees IGIS or holds IGIS to account ? IGIS is supposed to be an independent office, but appears to be doing little to deal with the concerns of applicants over the time taken for these assessments.

Very well said my friend. IGIS, is just sending a copy and paste answer to everyone, means they are actually fed up with thousands of complain received so far. Sad but true IGIS is responsible to the Honorable Prime Minister.

Guest faysal
Then what is your CO doing ? He had to send your file for security checks as soon as he was assigned to your application

I have the same problem around two months ago my stupid CO said my application is under internal checks I fear my file has not been sent for security checks

In this case I would be totally screwed up due to my CO's stupidity

I don't know what sort of priority it is :mad:

I have planned to wait until May and then make a complaint against my CO

Regards

Even if you complain that's not gonna make any difference.

Hi

I just emailed my CO. Last time I inquired my CO and I was told that all required internal checks has been initiated but this time I inquired about my security checks and pending checks to finalize my application I was told that security checks by external agency not completed.

Does this mean that my internal checks are over and only security checks are pending ?

He also told me as Medicals and PCC have a limited validity do not undertake them until I request

Regards

Hi

I just emailed my CO. Last time I inquired my CO and I was told that all required internal checks has been initiated but this time I inquired about my security checks and pending checks to finalize my application I was told that security checks by external agency not completed.

Does this mean that my internal checks are over and only security checks are pending ?

He also told me as Medicals and PCC have a limited validity do not undertake them until I request

Regards

did you ask him if the externals checks were initiated or not? We cant say for sure if these have been initiated or not. I have seen case officers dont like to tell straight away always if checks are being conducted at that time or not.

Archived