CO wants more info on stat dec help plz

kellyjamie

so i typed up a stat dec and had it signed by a solicitor stating we hvae no contact with my son for 6 months his father refuses his medicals so we cant meet the req for his medical. got email this morning to say they are not happy with the stat dec and that we have to provide one of two of the following

Statutory declaration from the ex partner (custodial parent) stating they

are unwilling to cooperate. cant get this we have no contact

Failing this - 3rd party evidence from a Solicitor that the applicant has

made reasonable attempts to contact their ex partner & request the medical

clearances for the child. This evidence then needs to be submitted with a

statutory declaration from the applicant detailing the circumstances &

efforts made. The applicant will also need to acknowledge that as far as he

is aware the child does not have a health condition which might preclude

meeting the health requirement; and, that there are no clear intentions for

the child to eventually migrate.

what evidence do they want? a stat dec from a solicitor stating exactly what we have just sent along with the stat dec? im not sure what evidence they expect?

help plz?

so i typed up a stat dec and had it signed by a solicitor stating we hvae no contact with my son for 6 months his father refuses his medicals so we cant meet the req for his medical. got email this morning to say they are not happy with the stat dec and that we have to provide one of two of the following

Statutory declaration from the ex partner (custodial parent) stating they

are unwilling to cooperate. cant get this we have no contact

Failing this - 3rd party evidence from a Solicitor that the applicant has

made reasonable attempts to contact their ex partner & request the medical

clearances for the child. This evidence then needs to be submitted with a

statutory declaration from the applicant detailing the circumstances &

efforts made. The applicant will also need to acknowledge that as far as he

is aware the child does not have a health condition which might preclude

the child to eventually migrate.

what evidence do they want? a stat dec from a solicitor stating exactly what we have just sent along with the stat dec? im not sure what evidence they expect?

help plz?

Hiya,

I am totally not qualified/or have any experience in this situation but sometimes it helps if someone else re-reads the info. From what they have written it sounds to me like they want:

1)Stat dec from you stating in your words that child does not have a health condition which might preclude

the child to eventually migrate

2)A stat dec from a solicitor stating that you have tried contacting you ex to get him to cooperate. Backed up by perhaps copys of letters to him/emails etc copied and certified?

Hope this helps. Sorry if it doesnt and i wish you luck, hope it works out.

thankyou for that, its defo a help.our stat dec said all that except the fact he has no medical condition, so i will add that in

as for emails etc thats what i was thinking but we have had no contact with our solicitor regarding this for 6 months and she closed the case?

ex has moved with my son and wont give me the address?

Guest Guest31881

Hi kelly,

They may be after a Stat dec from solicitor stating that she can confirm you have tried to contact and been unable to, if solicitor sent letters to the father that went unanswered that is the type of stuff i think they are after, Confirmation that you have tried and failed to make contact.

ok so if i get the last letter sent from my solicitor to him which he ignored and consequently have had no contact, they have moved house and changed numbers so cant get him would this be ok? ive emailed the co to ask exactly what she expects so we dont hold up the process, this makes me nervous:unsure:

Guest Guest31881

I would get a copy of the letter and a stat dec from solicitor confirming she tried to contact on your behalf.

Guest VickyMel
ok so if i get the last letter sent from my solicitor to him which he ignored and consequently have had no contact, they have moved house and changed numbers so cant get him would this be ok? ive emailed the co to ask exactly what she expects so we dont hold up the process, this makes me nervous:unsure:

Maybe also get a letter from your solicitor that confirms that there was no reply to this letter - and if possible something from the solicitor that confirms the difficulties trying to get in contact with your ex.

This is maybe the 3rd party evidence they are maybe after - someone who can confirm your statement.

Is there any other evidence available that you could show the CO - for example copies of the envelopes showing letters returned - but really anything that might back up what you are saying.

Yes I would say that is exactly what it sounds like they would need. - just as evidence

thanks everyone:wubclub:

so you get the correct pic we had lawyers involved a year ago when all this kicked off and he took my son, went back and forth between lawyers, then we decided to let my son have his moment and live with his dad etc expecting him to return, anyhow he didnt want to return, they then moved house about 6mths ago changed numbers etc my son calls ocasionally maybe evry 6 weeks but wont say wher he lives so the issue is this,

the lawyers werent involved in visas as we have only just applied, ive asked my son on the phone to say about his medical but his father says he wont agree, so really all a lawyers letter will confirm is that he lives with his father i have nothing in writing that i cant get hold of him or he wont allow the medical? our lawyer that we use for our house sale and any other law type things is happy to type a stat dec on headed paper saying he confirms we have no contact with my son etc, but thats prob about it? the lawyer we used for the custody case only has letters relating to that, oh god this is really worrying me now

Archived