AQF III - Technical Interview

Guest lexylou

Guest Guest47308

Oooohhhhhh best of luck to your OH

Can i ask what assessing body he is under as a floor finisher?

PP

Guest lexylou

Hi Paulswin and PP,

Well we had a few technical hitches so didn't start until about 9.30pm but great news he PASSED. It was really straight forward and only lasted about 15 mins, it was more of a chat/discussion than questions. Now for application to the TRA.

PP I think the answer to your question is Trades Recognition Australia.

Paulswin have you managed to complete your health checks and police checks?

Thanks again.

YEAH Well done on passing your AQF III!!!!:biggrin: Now onto the next step!!!! We sent off our police checks yesterday and I've sent an email and tried phoning to book an appt for w/c 18th April to have meds done but have'nt heard back yet will try phoning again today!! Is'nt it a great feeling when you're one step further?!! Well done guys keep in touch!!

Guest Guest47308

Hi lexylou

Just want to offer my congratulations, i bet you were both thrilled he has passed! :biggrin:

My husband has just had all his "stuff" sent to TRA (he is classed as a fitterion oz) and i wasnt aware he had to have a telephone interview aswell.........

Thanks for the info and good luck for the rest of your application

PP

Guest lexylou

Hi PP,

We are now posting our "stuff" to the TRA tomorrow once our solicitor has certified them. Yes we are delighted as it finally seems as if things are moving but hopefully fast enough to meet the 1st July deadline. With regards to the telephone interview that was the final part of the AQFIII. Did your OH complete an AQFIII? What does your OH work as? Where in OZ are you going?

Guest lexylou

Hi Paulswin, yes it's a great feeling that finally things are moving. It's just frustrating that its the second time around for him but hey ho as long as we meet the deadline. God things are moving so fast for you, keep in touch and I will let you know how TRA went.

Guest Guest47308
Hi PP,

We are now posting our "stuff" to the TRA tomorrow once our solicitor has certified them. Yes we are delighted as it finally seems as if things are moving but hopefully fast enough to meet the 1st July deadline. With regards to the telephone interview that was the final part of the AQFIII. Did your OH complete an AQFIII? What does your OH work as? Where in OZ are you going?

Hi Lexylou

We are using an agent and he hasnt mentioned anything about a AQF? we just had to get all his qualifications certified and get his current employer and the employer he did his apprenticeship with to do a statement about him and thats it..... He is a fitter (plant mechanic in the UK) and we r hoping to get SS from WA, we r trying to race the july deadline like you :err: lol

PP

Guest lexylou

Hi PP,

my OH had to complete the AQFIII as although he had completed a 4 year apprenticeship many years ago, it was informal/on-the-job training and he didn't attend college. It sounds like your OH has the required qualifications therefore no need to complete the AQFIII. Good luck with the TRA and let us know how you get on. We are hoping to get to WA too!

Lexylou

Guest Guest47308

Awwwww thanks, Yeah my OH's apprenticeship was "formal"

Seems like we r going to be running along the same timeframe so we will have to keep in touch and keep each other updated! Might see you in WA one day, we will settle SOR hopefully (work depending!)

Good luck with your TRA application

PP

Hi, Congrats on passing the AQF! My Hubby putting in for his soon but worried about whats included. can you please shed any light? Is it one day practical then chat over phone? What do they ask you on phone? Husband is Wall & Floor tiler. Thanks so much, really worried we may loose 2k if he fails! x

Guest lexylou

Hi PP,

We are hoping to go NOR but like you it depends on work, kid's schools etc. but defo keep in touch to share our journeys.

Take care.

Lexylou

Guest lexylou

Hi Cables,

I will try and anwer you the best I can. Stage 1 was completing a basic application that they send you. Stage 2 you complete a more detailed questionnaire and in addition you send employer references, pictures of work completed etc. Stage 3 is a technical interview by webcam carried out by a wall and floor assessor based in OZ. Most of my OH's questions were in relation to the photos that he had sent and techniques and materials used. If your OH is experienced and knows his trade then it shouldn't be a problem. The guys at ASA will keep him right.

I hope this helps.

• 6 months later...

Hi Lexylou

I know that this is quite an old thread now but was wondering if you could point me in the right direction for the AQF III. My OH is floor fitter by trade but doesn't have any formal qualifications so we will need to go down the same route as you! Who did you use for the AQF? I have spoken to a couple of agents but they are more interested in my qualification as a primary school teacher even though we can't get to Perth on my skills .... will be sent to SA and really want Perht as we have family there.

Also, my OH is not very confident when it comes to interviews etc, I have noticed that you said it is quite straight forward if you know your stuff but was wondering if you could reassure us about this?!!

Thanks so much!

Eve

Archived