Spiders

gilliantay

i guess u never knew that killing the huntsman is "10 years bad luck" shame on u, put them outside !

So that has been my problem then............I am doomed !!!!

I would put them outside if I could catch the blighters............one of them hitched a ride on the back of the dog the other night...............................Not sure who got more of a fright - me or the dog.......

Think it must be something to do with the weather - either that or they just think they like my company !!

So that has been my problem then............I am doomed !!!!

I would put them outside if I could catch the blighters............one of them hitched a ride on the back of the dog the other night...............................Not sure who got more of a fright - me or the dog.......

Think it must be something to do with the weather - either that or they just think they like my company !!

Absolutely no reason to kill it and probably a horrible death. Maybe like someone poring a bucket of sulphuric acid over your head.

My mum used to kill spiders this way too but I like to think I'm more enlightened.

All you need is a jam jar to stick over it and piece of paper underneath to take it outside.

They are harmless anyway. Look a lot worse than they really are.

I have just looked at that chart, Bob.

We have lovely little round, black spiders in the house at times. I usually hate spiders, but I love that these little ones jump, and I think they are very sweet.

Looking at the chart they look most like the mouse spiders - but if that's what they are I am going back to being very scared of them.

Have you any idea what sort of spider we are seeing? I don't have a photo and we have just moved so haven't been aware of them in our new house (which is a 30 year old high set).

I have just looked at that chart, Bob.

We have lovely little round, black spiders in the house at times. I usually hate spiders, but I love that these little ones jump, and I think they are very sweet.

Looking at the chart they look most like the mouse spiders - but if that's what they are I am going back to being very scared of them.

Have you any idea what sort of spider we are seeing? I don't have a photo and we have just moved so haven't been aware of them in our new house (which is a 30 year old high set).

G'day mate, I doubt they will be mouse spiders, most likely one of these, a black house spider:

The Find-a-spider Guide - Home

Cheers, Bobj.

I find a quick suck up the hoover works a treat with huntsman sorry guys I would like to say I catch it and put it outside but the bloody hairy things scare me to death. We've also had redbacks in the garden but apparently they only have small fangs so quite hard to inject poison into you, and we had a funnel web in the pool, luckily dead but even with the deadly funnel web no one has actually died from being bitten for years. Don't let it dominate your feelings about coming to Oz, my fear of spiders is less now than when I arrived. Just remember one of the first things you need to go out and buy is mortien spray.

Guest Guest16631

We always get more in the house when it rains,..............so spray mortein on door ways and windows helps..................:smile:

I am absolutely positive that they are multiplying in the loft space and have their own trap door from which they escape when I am not looking....................

We always, always spray right round the whole house but the blighters still swan around like they own the place...........................

There was a lovely one running over the bedroom carpet last night - I thought what the hell....jumped into bed and switched the light off....................

Never mind, it will be the new owners problem in a few weeks:yes:

Archived