name spelling in ielts certificate is different

Guest mina helmy

Guest mina helmy

plz help needed the spelling of my name in ielts certificate is different than the spelling of my name in all other documents also it has my local ID number not the passport number what should i do ?

plz help needed the spelling of my name in ielts certificate is different than the spelling of my name in all other documents also it has my local ID number not the passport number what should i do ?

Hi there,

It is obvious that the issue needs to be sorted out between you and IELTS centre where you sat your exam. You need to contact them and explain what the problem is.

Regards,

MOTO

Guest mina helmy

i contact the ielts people and they told me that it can't be changed.

my name is in Arabic and the translation to English differ from one to another

i contact the ielts people and they told me that it can't be changed.

my name is in Arabic and the translation to English differ from one to another

Hi

Yes, it cat Be Corrected, The Name which shows on passport will appear on ur IELTS Certificate.

Also, when you sat in the exam, They tell us to check the name, you should have inform them at that time only, or you have to change ur passport with proper name.

Well, in case, IELTS doesn't cater to the correction you can mention this variant of your name under the "Other Names" heading where you fill in the details in whichever Visa application.

You should have submitted an official doc(normally passport) that carries your name in English so it wouldn't have been left to the IELTS people.

Cheers!:smile:

Well, in case, IELTS doesn't cater to the correction you can mention this variant of your name under the "Other Names" heading where you fill in the details in whichever Visa application.

You should have submitted an official doc(normally passport) that carries your name in English so it wouldn't have been left to the IELTS people.

Cheers!:smile:

I would also advise you to attach a copy of the original document (national id card in your case) used for your identity verification at the time of the exam along with your visa application. Additional note explaining your situation , won't hurt either.

Good luck with it all.

MOTO

• 6 years later...

Hello,
I am having ielts score 6:00. I have obtained Masters degree from Dhaka University in Philosophy. I want to study in Australia now. I have little problem in my passport & certificate family name spelling.My name's dayal chandra mandal. In passport family name "Mandol" but certificates "Mandal". Which is better to change the passport or certificate? Can you say the soluton please ?
Thanks,
Dayal Chandra Mandal

Archived