ielts test and state sponsorship.

Andy, Paula & co

Hi , can anyone please tell me if the Ielts test resuts expire or if when you pass this stands indeffinitely. Also if accepted for state sponsorship, does the subclass 176 visa have to be applied for within a certian time of the sponsorship offer. I have now read so much information that I am dizzy. (like i wasnt before) . Does anyone know how much the application for sponsorship costs as i have not come across this yet...sorry for all the questionsn but need any help and advice that I can get. :goofy:

Hi , can anyone please tell me if the Ielts test resuts expire or if when you pass this stands indeffinitely. Also if accepted for state sponsorship, does the subclass 176 visa have to be applied for within a certian time of the sponsorship offer. :goofy:

You have two years from IELTs test to apply for SS (State sponsorship requirements: South Australia), or at least you do for SA, and I believe once you have your SS entered online (you can only apply online for at least SA SS) you have 30 days to send your documents. I thought you had 30 days to lodge your visa application (for the 176 visa with DIAC) once you had your SS passed, but I can't find where I read that now, so not sure on that front.

State sponsorship doesn't cost anything (again, at least for the two states I've looked at so far they state on their websites it doesn't, for eg from the SA website: Frequently asked questions : General skilled migration :: Make The Move ) but you can only apply for one SS at a time.

Guest Chickeni

Hi,

We are applying for South Australia sponsorship and although it doesn't cost anything some states do charge so it varies.

As already mentioned you can only apply online for South Australia and you must send in your documents within 30 days. If you get sponsorship you then have to lodge your 176 visa application with diac within 30 days.

Hope that helps!

Chickeni

thanks to you all for your replies. we have only just recently started properly making plans to go for it and I am already a nervous wreck. Kids are really pleased that we have finally decided after toying with idea for a couple of years. Just hope we can get there. Need to worry about skills assessment for social work now as i dont think this is as straight forward as i would like either.

Guest lexylou

Hi

I recently gained a positive skills assessment from the A.A.S.W. (Australian Authority of Social Workers) and it took 14 long weeks to be assessed.

Good luck.

HI,

i have the BA in social work but according to the AASW website this qual requires further education or training in australia. I am just wondering if you came across this and if so will this affect you getting the visa based on your occupation. I am unsure as to whether, when they request top up training, this does not count as a positive skills assessment. any advice greatly appreciated

Guest lexylou

Hi

I also have a BA in social work. AASW will consider your BA along with your post qualifying experience, please read below. I have copied this from the AASW's website. I hope this helps.

Criterion Five

The length of the qualification should be four years, BUT

where ALL OTHER CRITERIA (1-4 above) have been met AND

The qualification is three years full-time or longer AND

Required evidence can be provided of at least three years

post-qualifying full time professional social work experience

undertaken following completion of the professional Social

Work Bachelor or Master DEGREE and within ten (10) years of

the completion of that degree, THEN the experience may be

considered as a way of compensating for the shortfall of one

year in the academic program.

NOTE:

Hi

I also have a BA in social work. AASW will consider your BA along with your post qualifying experience, please read below. I have copied this from the AASW's website. I hope this helps.

Criterion Five

The length of the qualification should be four years, BUT

where ALL OTHER CRITERIA (1-4 above) have been met AND

The qualification is three years full-time or longer AND

Required evidence can be provided of at least three years

post-qualifying full time professional social work experience

undertaken following completion of the professional Social

Work Bachelor or Master DEGREE and within ten (10) years of

the completion of that degree, THEN the experience may be

considered as a way of compensating for the shortfall of one

year in the academic program.

NOTE:

Thanks for that Lexylou...did you have to evidence your practice placements as i cant seem to find anything to say that you do but just want to make sure. Spent all morning making sure got all required docs, ie course content, fortunately its all on my usb drive as wasnt holding out much hope of getting info from UNI (they were a bit useless). Got used to the fact that need to wait 12 months to get the three years experience but thought may as well get a file going with all docs in to save the stress next year. School hols here this week so taken week off work. May not have the spare time to put into all the research for a while so may as well get cracking. :daydreaming:

Guest lexylou

Hi,

In terms of placements, I gave them very brief details and the duration. I think they are more interested in the duration more than the actual placement itself. I know how you feel about falling short of experience, I have 6 years post qualifying and for WA SS I need 7 years. So after applying to AASW and waiting 14 weeks for my positive skills assessment WA then introduce this requirement. So it now means for us that my OH will now be main applicant and now needs to go through the AQFIII/TRA process - bloody nightmare but we just have to grin and bare it.

Good luck and let me know if I can help any further.

• 2 months later...
Hi,

In terms of placements, I gave them very brief details and the duration. I think they are more interested in the duration more than the actual placement itself. I know how you feel about falling short of experience, I have 6 years post qualifying and for WA SS I need 7 years. So after applying to AASW and waiting 14 weeks for my positive skills assessment WA then introduce this requirement. So it now means for us that my OH will now be main applicant and now needs to go through the AQFIII/TRA process - bloody nightmare but we just have to grin and bare it.

Good luck and let me know if I can help any further.

Why do u need 7 years for WA ss or is this just to gain more points?!

Guest cdchaplin

hi just seen you a nurse. i nurse too, sitting ielts next week then (fingers crossed all well), will be applying for anmc, and was thinking about applying for victoria ss at same time cos they don't require skills assessement result at time of application. Can i ask you what pdp evidence and how much you submitted for aphra registration? Just really want to get things moving, although won't get visa app in before july 1st so need to get 8's in ielts to still have enough points under new system. be very grateful for youe reply. thanks collette xx

Archived