Travel putting it all in perspective

mrsindecision

Hi we are just in the middle of an amazing trip to NZ via USA after returning to UK last July from QLD.

It has been an amazing trip really helped to put things in perspective - I met friends in USA who live somewhere beautiful but are very poor and trapped in US ( very sad) facing a very worrying future with no security. We then hooked up with all our friends from Oz in NZ for a wedding - how beautiful is NZ - more contrast than OZ beautiful beaches - wonderful temperature ( not humid and hellish but bright warm and comfortable, The Kiwis are so much more low key than Ozzies so easy to get on with - loved it.

Now in USA again - great shopping and food, but lots of homeless and begging and makes London look very well organised and clean (ish).

Now near the end of the trip and looking forward to getting home to UK where the weather and greyness doesn't seem so bad.

Would I live in NZ - mmm not sure - still far away and small with limited opportunity, would I live in the states - not in a month of sundays, would I go back to Oz - nah seems even more bland now - so happy to say UK is home to me and i look forward to lots more travel that I couldn't have afforded from OZ.

Good to hear you are having a great holiday! Sometimes you do have to go away to appreciate what you have got. When you get back the daffs will be popping their heads up and spring will be definitely on the way - Britain in the spring is magical I reckon! I shall miss it this year after visits the past couple of years at this time:cry:

Good to hear you are having a great holiday! Sometimes you do have to go away to appreciate what you have got. When you get back the daffs will be popping their heads up and spring will be definitely on the way - Britain in the spring is magical I reckon! I shall miss it this year after visits the past couple of years at this time:cry:

Funnily enough the early Spring flowers are delayed due to the severity of the winter we had. Oh and it was snowing yesterday over a lot of England and Scotland with more forecast tomorrow.

But it's been quite mild of late, and it's feeling Spring-ish. And there's not many nicer places to spend the warmer months than in the UK - warts and all.

I can't wait for these long dark, cold days to end!

Archived