Whos going to Mackay

Still-a-dream!

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was a 'one-off' event. Mt. Pleasant/Glenella area was above the flood area.

Where I live, some 48 km NW of the city, we only received 17 inches in 2 days. There was a bit of local flooding and 1 street was almost knee deep; but that was due to poor council planning...They put in a drain with no outlet!!

Cheers, Bobj.

Ah ok thanks for that, thats a relief - for you guys too.:wubclub: Moving your family to another country brings up all sorts of worries!

Good place to learn to surf I suppose he he.

It is a short, sharp chop rather than big ocean swells due to the Great Barrier Reef. One can, however do a bit of surfing at Town, Harbour and Illawong Beaches. And yes, they have shark nets.

Cheers, Bobj.

Hi guys

Havent posted for a while - how are you all doing?

Well our visa forms are in and being fast tracked as I type - just arranging the medicals now - the packing company got in touch today so lots of forms to fill in eeekkk! Its all happening this end!

Still havent sorted out a rental yet - suddenly everything is getting closer - where is the time going :)

Hi All

Is there a few people on here that are looking for rentals for when they arrive? I am already in Mackay and every 2 weeks the Pocket Trader comes out, its full of everything from rentals to washing machines. Anyway the new one is out tomorrow if anyone is looking for a rental let me know and I will send on the details, there were heaps of short term rentals in it last time, unfortunately Pocket Trader isnt online but I am more than happy to email anyone details of the ads if it will help them out.

Hi All

Is there a few people on here that are looking for rentals for when they arrive? I am already in Mackay and every 2 weeks the Pocket Trader comes out, its full of everything from rentals to washing machines. Anyway the new one is out tomorrow if anyone is looking for a rental let me know and I will send on the details, there were heaps of short term rentals in it last time, unfortunately Pocket Trader isnt online but I am more than happy to email anyone details of the ads if it will help them out.

Hi and thanks for that, we wont be heading over for a while yet, but thats a great help for when the time comes :-)

Eee Angela, fingers crossed the visa comes through quickly for you so not much more waiting :-) Keep me posted on how you get on with your looking into different areas.

Ive not really been on here much as Ive not got much to say yet :-( Hopefully after we meet with the recruitment guy I will have more info and something more solid :biggrin:

Hi Everyone,

I have not been on much lately because its our last week in the country and we have been saying goodbye to everyone. I must admit this is the hardest time ever. I have not cried so much in my life. We are now both finished work and I am dreading next Sunday (mothers day) as its our last day in the country.

Anyway enough of the doom and gloom, our taxi to the airport is booked and 1 case is packed, its really happening! I hope you girls get there quickly I am really going to need you all xxx

Hi Everyone,

I have not been on much lately because its our last week in the country and we have been saying goodbye to everyone. I must admit this is the hardest time ever. I have not cried so much in my life. We are now both finished work and I am dreading next Sunday (mothers day) as its our last day in the country.

Anyway enough of the doom and gloom, our taxi to the airport is booked and 1 case is packed, its really happening! I hope you girls get there quickly I am really going to need you all xxx

Hiya, good to hear from you and your almost on your way!

I bet it is very hard, its the bit im dreading (if we ever get to that point:-) ). But im sure everyone is wishing you lots of luck in your new adventure. I hope the next week goes well for you. Will look for your updates on facebook when you get your internet connection etc sorted. Hoping the flights are easy for you with the little-one.

:wubclub:

Guest Joshkat

Hi all ,Lexi hope all goes well for you and your family. Does anyone know of any good family friendly Camping,caravan sites around Mackay as thinking about buying a trailer tent.

Hey Gateshead Girl,

I just moved to Mackay 2 days ago, we are staying in Slade Point at the moment until we find somewhere to rent. We were in Andergrove just yesterday having a drive around. Its such a beautiful place I love it! How do you feel 2 years down the line?

We are going to Cape Hillsborough tomorrow to check out the kangaroos, apparently they roam free on the beach there.

Hi Everyone else, so far so good. The flights were horrendous with Alex, he cried for most of the Singapore to Brisbane flight and we were not very popular with the other passengers as you can imagine.

Anyway off to sort out the bank account etc xx

Hey Gateshead Girl,

I just moved to Mackay 2 days ago, we are staying in Slade Point at the moment until we find somewhere to rent. We were in Andergrove just yesterday having a drive around. Its such a beautiful place I love it! How do you feel 2 years down the line?

We are going to Cape Hillsborough tomorrow to check out the kangaroos, apparently they roam free on the beach there.

Hi Everyone else, so far so good. The flights were horrendous with Alex, he cried for most of the Singapore to Brisbane flight and we were not very popular with the other passengers as you can imagine.

Anyway off to sort out the bank account etc xx

Hi Carrie, you are there woohoo! What a nightmare for you with the flight, but you are there safely thats the main thing. Im dreading that flight! :-) Enjoy the Kangaroos, you lucky thing.

Its sunny here in Newcastle, just makes my think of getting there.

Looking forward to updates -when you have time, im sure your very busy finding everything xx:cute:

Hi Angela, We are based in Andergrove,Mackay. Ive settled well everyones nice and friendly.. Where abouts in mackay are you going to be?

Rachael

Hi Rachael,

Nice to meet you and welcome to our little Mackay group! Are you originally from Gateshead??

Kate

I love it Rachael! We decided to go to Cape Hillsborough next week because you have to get there for 6am to see the roo's and jet lag is still taking its toll. We went to Lamberts beach today instead and it is beautiful. There were loads of groups of people having bbq's and an aussie guy said to us that they had just decided to buy the snags 10 minutes ago because its a cheap feed for the kids ha ha love it.

Cant wait to have a group of friends to go to Lamberts beach with and get the bbq on xx

Archived