Schools in the North Sydney area?

Phil & Vikki

We are new to the area of North Sydney and are looking to get our 5 year old son into a good school as soon as possible. So far he has been out of school for three weeks with the move and we want to try and limit that time to the least possible.

Being new to the area we do not know which schools are good or bad. Can anyone recommend any good ones around the area or point us in the direction of sites on the net with ratings, such as they have in the UK (Ofsted).

We are new to the area of North Sydney and are looking to get our 5 year old son into a good school as soon as possible. So far he has been out of school for three weeks with the move and we want to try and limit that time to the least possible.

Being new to the area we do not know which schools are good or bad. Can anyone recommend any good ones around the area or point us in the direction of sites on the net with ratings, such as they have in the UK (Ofsted).

Don't think there will be any 'bad' schools in North Sydney. (I assume you mean the suburb of North Sydney and not northern Sydney, in general?)

It's an expensive area to live in - ergo, families in the area will be quite well-off, which means parents will be well educated themselves and won't put up with crappy standards. It's the poorer areas that have the 'bad' schools.

It's not my part of Sydney, but a friend of mine has a daughter at Neutral Bay public, which she has a very high regard for.

Archived