Are they Dependants?

b14ck

Hi i'm currently in Australia on a 12 months evistor visa and have since married a PR whilst here

i have two children in the uk, one thirteen and the other eighteen in July who haven't lived with me since July 2008 they are living with my Ex.

i will be lodging an application for an onshore spouse visa ASAP through an agent but i need to know if my kids in the UK are classed as my dependants or not even though i have had minimal contact with them thanks to the Ex making things difficult.

i did a search but found conflicting answers, Where can i find out whats what, does anyone know the answer? has anyone had a similar problem? Thanks in advance.

Hi i'm currently in Australia on a 12 months evistor visa and have since married a PR whilst here

i have two children in the uk, one thirteen and the other eighteen in July who haven't lived with me since July 2008 they are living with my Ex.

i will be lodging an application for an onshore spouse visa ASAP through an agent but i need to know if my kids in the UK are classed as my dependants or not even though i have had minimal contact with them thanks to the Ex making things difficult.

i did a search but found conflicting answers, Where can i find out whats what, does anyone know the answer? has anyone had a similar problem? Thanks in advance.

The definition of Dependent & Dependent child at General Skilled Migration Definitions will clear things up.

Cheers!

Thanks for the link, but that only answers the Australian side of things what about England? are they classed as dependants in England and do i have to "declare" them if they are not coming to Australia and probably never will.

Thanks for the link, but that only answers the Australian side of things what about England? are they classed as dependants in England and do i have to "declare" them if they are not coming to Australia and probably never will.

No idea about the England side of things, but for Aus visa applications you have a section where you mention the migrating and non-migrating dependents.

And as far as the minimalistic contact is concerned there's also a section that coves legal custody issues and all where you can describe you present circumstances, etc.

If you are paying child support, then I would say they are dependents.

If you are not paying any child support, then I don't see how they could be.

Archived