How long to validate 457

Ali&Paul

Hi,

Does anyone know how long we would have to enter Australia if my husband was sponsored on a 457 temporary visa? Also will I be under any restrictions regarding employment or could I work full time if we were out there on his visa?

Many Thanks,

Alison

Looking at our passports, we were given 4 years to enter the country from date 457 visa was granted. Of course this type of visa is usually granted pretty quickly because the sponsor company wants the worker to start as soon as possible...The partner and anybody else on that visa is entitled to work or study full time.

Thank you everyone for your replys, so if it takes you a year to get there after visa is granted does that mean you only have 3 years left to work in oz? As it's a 4 year visa? Or do u have 4 years regardless of when you enter Australia?

Many thanks

Thank you everyone for your replys, so if it takes you a year to get there after visa is granted does that mean you only have 3 years left to work in oz? As it's a 4 year visa? Or do u have 4 years regardless of when you enter Australia?

Many thanks

Hi yea your spot on you would only have 3 years left.

Maria.x

Archived