176 Visa Advise No trade papers But experiance

TheRobins

Hello Everyone

Brand new to this so question may been a little silly.

My OH and I hope to move to OZ on the 176 State sponsored visa. We don’t really mind were we start out, we just want out of Britain.

My OH is a Vehicle Spray painter (on SOL of many states) with 16 year experience and has just passed his Automotive Technician Accreditation certificate (ATA pass 125) He doesn’t however have any trade papers. At the end off his apprenticship the Garage he worked in went bust so things were never completed so to speak.

I have spoken to an agent who says TRA wont even look at him as he has no papers. They no longer take experience in to consideration. They recommended he look in to an Australian qualification AQS level 3. With this passed the TRA would accept him.

Has anyone been in the same boat??

It seams silly to me that they would look more favourably on some one with papers and only 3 years experience than someone with 16 years experience but no papers. My OH can have his work checked with his current and former employers.

Would it be worth chancing it with TRA. We would like to try and do the process ourselves to save some money so want to check we are going the right direction.

Thanks Peeps

Hi

Welcome to poms in oz.

We were in the same boat as u when we started this process, o/h had many years of experience as a painter and decorator and has run his own business for the last 8 years but he still needed a qual so he completed the AQF.

Jules

Archived