Submitting a parter visa app in London

Guest gf2048

Hi,

Could someone outline very briefly the process I'll need to go through to submit my partner visa application in London?

• Do I have to make an appointment?
  • Can I get them to make certified copies of the documents they require or should I do this in advance? If so where?!!
  • Do the passport photos need to Australian-style ones (bigger head) or will standard UK ones suffice?

Apologies if some of this is covered in the application forms themselves, the Partner Migration booklet and various other documents - I'm getting a little confused!

Any answers and advice would be very welcome!

Greg

Guest Spindrifter
Hi,

Could someone outline very briefly the process I'll need to go through to submit my partner visa application in London?

• Can I get them to make certified copies of the documents they require or should I do this in advance? If so where?!!

• Do the passport photos need to Australian-style ones (bigger head) or will standard UK ones suffice?

Apologies if some of this is covered in the application forms themselves, the Partner Migration booklet and various other documents - I'm getting a little confused!

Greg

Who in your relationship is the Australian citizen?

Are you married or defacto?

Hi,

Greg

To answer your questions in order:

# Unless you live around the corner from Australia House it is better to post your application in. Even if you do live around the around the corner you may have difficulty handing it in.

# They won't certify documents for you. The list of people who can certify for you are here: dima_cert - Australian High Commission

# I had my passport photos done in a Tesco booth, so I presume they're okay (not applying for an Aussie passport afterall).

There's a good email on my blog that fills in some of the application info gaps: The Joy of Emigration: Another Useful Email from Australia House

Hope this helps. :o)

Archived