457 visa...labels in passports?

foy465

Hi everyone,

We fly out to Brisbane on 27/2 on 457 visas. The visas were done through a migration agent who told us that no labels are required for our passports as we have electronic visas, just to print off the VEVO confirmation & take them with us.

Since then, I have read that actually we do need to send our passports off to the Australian immi in London to have some labels applied, now we are rather confused. :unsure:

So can anyone tell me here what is correct?

Thanks very much.

You don't need to get a label - but I would advise getting the label if you have a partner who has not secured employment as it is easier to show a prospective employer.

A lot of employers here can be reluctant to employ someone who does not have PR so being able to show them a official looking stamp rather than a printout can put them at ease.

If you send it off it comes back within a few days.

You don't need to get a label - but I would advise getting the label if you have a partner who has not secured employment as it is easier to show a prospective employer.

A lot of employers here can be reluctant to employ someone who does not have PR so being able to show them a official looking stamp rather than a printout can put them at ease.

If you send it off it comes back within a few days.

You get the printout at immigration when you land in Australia. They print and put in your passport so no need to send off beforehand.

Archived