help needed 457 visa

feduppom

hi all

im new to this so if this is on the wrong forum ....sorry

my hubby has accepted a job in canberra , applied for 457 visa to include myself (wife) and 20 yr old son,

this is the problem.......... if son gets accepted on the 457 he is not allowed to work in oz even thro he has been offered an apprentiship working at the same place as his dad.

he is one of the reasons we want to relocate, he did a course to become plasterer but no chance a getting a job in the uk , he has been unemployed for over 12 months.

seems he will be stuck at home in the sun unless somebody has a suggestion on a way round this.

hi all

im new to this so if this is on the wrong forum ....sorry

my hubby has accepted a job in canberra , applied for 457 visa to include myself (wife) and 20 yr old son,

this is the problem.......... if son gets accepted on the 457 he is not allowed to work in oz even thro he has been offered an apprentiship working at the same place as his dad.

he is one of the reasons we want to relocate, he did a course to become plasterer but no chance a getting a job in the uk , he has been unemployed for over 12 months.

seems he will be stuck at home in the sun unless somebody has a suggestion on a way round this.

I don't know much about this really but had a thought....could your son get the company to sponsor him for an ENS121 Sponsored Perm Visa instead of the 457 ??

Lynne

Why can your son not work?

The visa says

bring any eligible secondary applicants with them to Australia – secondary applicants can work and study

Temporary Business (Long Stay) - Standard Business Sponsorship (Subclass 457)

So if he is an eligible secondary applicant then he should be employable. Whether he can be employed as an apprentice of course is another question entirely and you would have to pay international fees for his TAFE course

Temporary resident visas are, on the whole, not really attractive to employers though

Archived