havin to sit ielts argghhh!

kellyjamie

so were going to have to sit ielts im afraid cant believe it, were 5 points short as i dont think they,ll give us the 5 points for our aussie qual as it wasnt completed in australia.

gutted really didnt want jamie to have to sit but we have no choice now, the next test is feb 12 so fingers crossed x

Guest Reed dog

The only thing I can tell you is its fine. Pay attention right from the moment you enter the exam room. There are so many Asians taking the exam to stay in UK it is easy to get distracted by their apparent lack of understanding of the process. I nearly missed the 1st part of the 1st question. I woke up pretty quick after that and got stuck in. All the best. Reed Dog.

I would add, just be very prepared, do lots of practice scenarios, and as long as you study,and are aware of the format and what to expect, you'll be fine.

I found the speaking very easy, as I usually dont know when to shut up! The writing was pretty straightforward, I had to write a letter to the council giving my reasons against them opening a new supermarket where the library currently is. The reading and listening I found to be the trickier parts, where you had to make sure you were fully concentrating.

Good luck. As a native english speaker, the guy doing the speaking test part said to bear with him as the questions may be very basic for me, and expected to test those not really proficient in english.

Guest SunshineSmile

Hi Kelly,

Im prob asking a stupid question, but why are you 5 points short? I thought you had been granted your Tassie SS ???

Steph x

Archived