The Australian Dream

Guest guest37336

Guest guest17301
Something im debating doing jim tbh,the plots ive seen on REALESTATE.COM.AU overlooking victor harbor and the southern ocean are from $100k for a decent sized plot.

Dont know if i will or not because i seem to have spent my whole life gutting and refurbishing houses,dont know if i cba again :wideeyed:

When we were researching and debating new build v established the land in Perth was at least $250k for a tiny plot on the outer suburbs Pabs, we were told land prices have rocketed last few years. You have to look at a reasonable commute also as we could have built up in Yanchep or Two rocks etc had a dream beachside home on a decent size block but too far from everything. If you're lucky enough to not be working or a one income family then it may be more feasible.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Ropey HOFF
Something im debating doing jim tbh,the plots ive seen on REALESTATE.COM.AU overlooking victor harbor and the southern ocean are from $100k for a decent sized plot.

Dont know if i will or not because i seem to have spent my whole life gutting and refurbishing houses,dont know if i cba again :wideeyed:

I was wrong pablo, it was even cheaper it was -

Stone Gold:

$141,450.00

Brick:

$97,410.00

cheap in stone and cheaper in brick, these figures are amazing.

When we were researching and debating new build v established the land in Perth was at least $250k for a tiny plot on the outer suburbs Pabs, we were told land prices have rocketed last few years. You have to look at a reasonable commute also as we could have built up in Yanchep or Two rocks etc had a dream beachside home on a decent size block but too far from everything. If you're lucky enough to not be working or a one income family then it may be more feasible.

Perths dearer than S.A tho fi isnt it?the place im talking about is down on the coast a decent drive from adelaide as well so thats probs why its cheaper,one of the reasons we chose SA was because of hse/land prices tbh

Guest guest17301

Good choice Pabs, I like the look of Adelaide too. I dont think theres that much in it re prices tbh now, I think Tasmania is cheapest??? South Aus cheaper but wages less too?? The location will always make a difference wont it....be great to live out of the city area if poss and the prices will be pleasing too. It makes me mad that you pay for location, the area we live in has (or had) a bad rep but ts beautiful (and cheaper too by 150k per average 4x2) than the area we first rented in 10 mins away!

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Pablo............. i think you will love it in Adelaide and having read your posts on it, you have got us looking at it.

Good choice Pabs, I like the look of Adelaide too. I dont think theres that much in it re prices tbh now, I think Tasmania is cheapest??? South Aus cheaper but wages less too?? The location will always make a difference wont it....be great to live out of the city area if poss and the prices will be pleasing too. It makes me mad that you pay for location, the area we live in has (or had) a bad rep but ts beautiful (and cheaper too by 150k per average 4x2) than the area we first rented in 10 mins away!

I think the wages for bricklaying are about the same fi,me three ex mates are brickies in perth.

I dont want the sun all the time fi,some do and fair do's but i prefer it more seasonal like SA,tassie is our 2nd choice btw

Just had a look fi,average hse price in perth was $495 thou,adelaide $400 thou,dont know how up to date it was,but like i say thhe hse prices were just one reason wechose SA,the sensible thing to do would be to go to perth i suppose because of contacts,who knows,one day maybe?

Guest guest17301
Just had a look fi,average hse price in perth was $495 thou,adelaide $400 thou,dont know how up to date it was,but like i say thhe hse prices were just one reason wechose SA,the sensible thing to do would be to go to perth i suppose because of contacts,who knows,one day maybe?

There are lots of places in Perth where you can buy a 3 or 4 bed place for $400,000 or less you know Pabs...you probably do know just thought Id put it out there! Just as the 'average' price in Adelaide is $400k prob lots of nice places for 250k ish I imagine? Cheapest price for a reasonable home/area and 4 bed hee in perth has to be $350k or above I think

sing-winston.jpg

I liked the look of this one mate, it was $152,000 i know you buy the land, but that means you could have a fabulous new house for about $400,000. Amazing.

No you dont you have to pay for the earthworks ,hit rock add 50k ,driveway and landscaping chuck another 50 k or more ,its funny they dont tell you that or ,its only the build ,the basics (which IMO are so basic you wont have them ) you have to pay for the blinds ,internal decorating internal walls, all the floor coverings ,kitchen and appliance upgrades and all the upgrades. The advertised houses are dispay home spec which is about 80 to 100 k higherand then the fencing landscaping does not come with that

There are lots of places in Perth where you can buy a 3 or 4 bed place for $400,000 or less you know Pabs...you probably do know just thought Id put it out there! Just as the 'average' price in Adelaide is $400k prob lots of nice places for 250k ish I imagine? Cheapest price for a reasonable home/area and 4 bed hee in perth has to be $350k or above I think

The 2and 0ne units up here are up for 390k ,as pabs and jan are like us no kids would be daft yo buy a 4 and 2 unless you are our lass:mad:

Nah not much for $250thou tbh fi,these newbuilds on a tiny plot start about $300thou,wont be buying a new one tho

Guest guest37336

Funnily enough the link included is the one that used to be next door to me in Broome. Not everyones cup of tea, small, compact etc, but I was by myself so it suited me fine. But did it for me, and is was ONLY a five minute drive from Broome Jetty.

Unit 187,122 Port Drive, Cable Beach, WA 6726 - Villa for Sale #107070792 - realestate.com.au

Up for work at 5am, finish at 1 pm, then down the jetty for fishing, more fishing, and MORE fishing.:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Cheers Tony.:wink:

Archived