Arrival report from Carpenter Brisbane?

tfarrell

Guest Master Korasoff

No wonder you have not received a reply. Chippies in Oz are the object of ridicule. Every Aussie considers carpenters to be really stupid. There are very few carpenters here which is why they charge so much and fleece everyone. I have the misfortune to know a Welsh Carpenter, actually he is an apprentice Carpenter at the age of 35. Aussies laugh at him and the German master carpenter and all the guys on the building site make him go to the Chinaman's shop to get the smokos (morning tea).

Recently he went to buy a pair of socks but was refused service, since everyone here knows that pommies only have one pair of socks. The amused sales girl pointed out that since he was already wearing a pair of socks underneath his sandals she could not take his request seriously. When he protested that he was in fact Welsh the Korean shop owner thought he said that he intended not to pay for the socks and called the police, who beat him and told him to go back to England.

Recently his house was flooded which is what he gets for not listening to good advice that it was a flood prone area and being a tight bastard he bought it anyway because it was cheap. His house has been continually flooded since the wet season commenced early this year in October. Serves him right I say, he had recently bought a new car from his apprentice wage and this was soon written off by the flood waters. the insurance company refused to pay because he is an unbathed hippy. His house has no bathroom, which may go down alright in Great Britain but is frowned upon here in Brisbane.

Despite his carpentry skills and all his hard work and self sacrifice his wretched house is now in such poor condition that passing derelicts wince as they walk past. Serves him right for being a whining tight arsed opinionated soap eschewing greedy sniveling bogan. Believe it or not he actually has a live in girlfriend, which is proof of what my esteemed father used to say, that 'there is not a man on earth who a woman and a dog will not love'.

Guest BrightonBoys

Not like us of course being al busy at work and that... (well pretending I am busy typing a report or something important like that......)

No wonder you have not received a reply. Chippies in Oz are the object of ridicule. Every Aussie considers carpenters to be really stupid. There are very few carpenters here which is why they charge so much and fleece everyone. I have the misfortune to know a Welsh Carpenter, actually he is an apprentice Carpenter at the age of 35. Aussies laugh at him and the German master carpenter and all the guys on the building site make him go to the Chinaman's shop to get the smokos (morning tea).

Recently he went to buy a pair of socks but was refused service, since everyone here knows that pommies only have one pair of socks. The amused sales girl pointed out that since he was already wearing a pair of socks underneath his sandals she could not take his request seriously. When he protested that he was in fact Welsh the Korean shop owner thought he said that he intended not to pay for the socks and called the police, who beat him and told him to go back to England.

Recently his house was flooded which is what he gets for not listening to good advice that it was a flood prone area and being a tight bastard he bought it anyway because it was cheap. His house has been continually flooded since the wet season commenced early this year in October. Serves him right I say, he had recently bought a new car from his apprentice wage and this was soon written off by the flood waters. the insurance company refused to pay because he is an unbathed hippy. His house has no bathroom, which may go down alright in Great Britain but is frowned upon here in Brisbane.

Despite his carpentry skills and all his hard work and self sacrifice his wretched house is now in such poor condition that passing derelicts wince as they walk past. Serves him right for being a whining tight arsed opinionated soap eschewing greedy sniveling bogan. Believe it or not he actually has a live in girlfriend, which is proof of what my esteemed father used to say, that 'there is not a man on earth who a woman and a dog will not love'.

WTF?!? I've just wasted a whole 90seconds of my life reading that!!

Guest landdeal1@yahoo.com
i thought it was funny:cute:

What an arse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You get out to OZ mate and ignore that kind of xxxxhole!!!! Mind you maybe he is the 35 year old apprentice lol.

Guest flakey
What an arse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You get out to OZ mate and ignore that kind of xxxxhole!!!! Mind you maybe he is the 35 year old apprentice lol.

Its only a laugh, chillax dude

In all my years on the bulding ive never heard anyone "up here" refer to themselves as a carpenter,unless its particular to my area? all the lads i know call themselves a joiner?

To the OP tho,i dont think its that great in queensland for work at the mo is it? werent there rumours of the gvnmt putting an incentive scheme in place for people to relocate "from" the gold coast? hope im wrong btw for the sake of people moving there,but im pretty sure i seen something on here about it?"WORKINGTOFISH"(eddie) might have better info re joinery/carpentry on the gold coast(or over that way anyway)

Is flakey an anagram of aldo ? Or Chris ?!! Not many jobs in the papers at mo but it's been Christmas an all so not suprising .rains set a lot of work back aswell . My kit landed in port yesterday so should get delivered in about ten days . Spoke to quite a few people and they're all after good blokes ,money's dropped $5 an hour from last couple of years but with the exchange rate you can still earn more in a coffee shop here than on site in the uk !

Just wondering if there is any carpenters that have made the move over to Brisbane? Wondering how you are getting on?

Hi

I have met a few carpenters this year (also called cabinet makers here) and all have managed to secure in and around Brisbane within their first couple of months. Securing your first aussie job is the hardest after that most guys do ok finding other work.

There does seem to be a pattern with tradesmen in that a hell of alot of the english tradies i have met this last few years normally end up surpervisor or manager within their first few months. Sometimes you will get the odd aussie pulling their face but i guess it comes back to the best man for the job and all that!

Good Luck and don't get disheartened at the first few knock backs

Cal x

Guest flakey
Hi

I have met a few carpenters this year (also called cabinet makers here) and all have managed to secure in and around Brisbane within their first couple of months. Securing your first aussie job is the hardest after that most guys do ok finding other work.

There does seem to be a pattern with tradesmen in that a hell of alot of the english tradies i have met this last few years normally end up surpervisor or manager within their first few months. Sometimes you will get the odd aussie pulling their face but i guess it comes back to the best man for the job and all that!

Good Luck and don't get disheartened at the first few knock backs

Cal x

Hello Cal (BTW you're also on my nice list)

Just to clear things up.

You have different types of chippie, 1st fixers (shuttering chippies), 2nd fix (joists, rafters roofs ect) 3rd fix (door hanging, skirting bannisters /stairs, and stuff) then you get the premadonas of the chippie world - the joiners, (usually work in a workshop making windows, kitchens and stuff like that) then you get cabitet makers that are just joiners that think they are a bit better:wink:.

Here in germany thay have zimmermen that are highly trained and as pert of their "apprenicship" they travel the country and the pensions (hotels/B&Bs) traditionally feed and beer them as well as putting a roof over their head.

The Scientist: Zimmermann

Guest brickie001

joistwork and roof are joist and roof work

1st fix is studwork and casings

2nd fix is doors arc,skirts

final fix is door furniture etc

learn what ur onabout before you rant on

and there all woodbutchers anyway

I have one other question why call them joiners when they spend all day cutting the stuff up and they cant even manage that with out 110v

Guest flakey
joistwork and roof are joist and roof work

1st fix is studwork and casings

2nd fix is doors arc,skirts

final fix is door furniture etc

learn what ur onabout before you rant on

and there all woodbutchers anyway

I have one other question why call them joiners when they spend all day cutting the stuff up and they cant even manage that with out 110v

thanks for clearing that up brickie. are you angry too:wideeyed:

Archived