Positives from Negitives

Guest flakey

The positives we have got out of it are having a chance to see some of Queensland and our australian family. This has been a costly exercise but wouldn't have known it wasn't for us if we hadn't of actually lived here. Me and the kids are going to go back in the next month and husband will follow in a few months. No choice with this part but it does make you reassess everything and whats important.

I wish this forum had a 'like' button like Facebook! Can I ask you Dawny, how long did you live in Aus for? I'm currently in Brisbane and have been here for 5 yrs, but heading back 'home' to England in April with hubby and two kids. x

Hi we lived on the central coast for less than 6 months, (yes i know, not long lol) But long enough to know it wasn't right at that time in our lives! No regrets at all, just happy now to be back home, and getting our life back on track!

Wishing you all the very best for your return in April, what part are you returning too! xx

Guest flakey

Hello everybody! Its me Flakey!!:wubclub::hug:

I don't think most have you have got the gist of the thread. What I meant was like a situation say where you get slung out of a bar for being leary so end up in another bar you never go in and end up meeting the girl/boy of your dreams.. thats what old flakey meant by positive from negatives.

Don't worry Its still nice to hear your tales.

Guest robbosdownunder
Hi we lived on the central coast for less than 6 months, (yes i know, not long lol) But long enough to know it wasn't right at that time in our lives! No regrets at all, just happy now to be back home, and getting our life back on track!

Wishing you all the very best for your return in April, what part are you returning too! xx

Not far from you. We're from Southampton!

Guest flakey

A perfect example of possitives from negitives is what I just done.

I intended to do a chicken casserole but left the pressure cooker to go off work on the car. When I got in i thought dohhhh and opened the pot to find a bit of a mush. So I took out the chicken thighs and de boned them then put the meat aside then got the electric blender thingy and made a soup/broth then put the meat back. Let me tell you!! its delishhhh!!!

See a positive from a negative:wubclub:

Guest guest30038
A perfect example of possitives from negitives is what I just done.

I intended to do a chicken casserole but left the pressure cooker to go off work on the car. When I got in i thought dohhhh and opened the pot to find a bit of a mush. So I took out the chicken thighs and de boned them then put the meat aside then got the electric blender thingy and made a soup/broth then put the meat back. Let me tell you!! its delishhhh!!!

See a positive from a negative:wubclub:

You're so clever....................I'd hate to think that you missed a few bones and choked on them.

kev

No More Mr. Nice Guy

We returned 6 months ago and have had many ups and downs coping with our return and I know my OH has a sense of failure about our experience. Last week however was a turning point for me - I was asked to do some consultancy with my old employers. Which meant interviewing a wide range of people in the organisation - I looked down the list and realised I still knew everyone on the list - no-one had moved on. I was pretty taken aback at how virtually everything was the same and in fact a lot of the progress made while I was there had diminished. I was so proud of myself and my husband for having the courage to make the move to Oz in the first place and also realising that we were on the verge of sinking into the same level of complacency in Oz had we stayed. I realise how much we have been enriched by the experience and the world has a lot to offer those who are willing to step outside the box. So well done us and all of those who are still striving for a vibrant and stimulating life whereever that may be.

Archived