student nurse . HELP

simonwilliams

my daughter is in her final year of her studies to become a qualified nurse in the UK.

we are looking to move to WA next yr . just about to do the medicals now .

any information on if she will be able to come out being newly qualified would be helpful. also if there is any graduate's course she may be able to come and do.

many thanks

Hi Simon

From what I can gather its becoming more difficult for newly qualified staff nurses from here to get into the graduate programe in oz as nurses who have trained in australia are being given preference. I'm not 100% sure about this as i'm only going on what i've read on the forum but i'm sure someone who actually works in Australia might be able to give u a more accurate answer.

Laura

She can apply for a nurse graduate programme and I do know some people who have got on it, however, I know where I work all the graduate places were offerred to Australian trained nurses last year as there were a lot of them and at one point they didn't think they had enough places.

It's worth enquiring, but not guarenteed.

Hi Ali

Happy New Year to u all!!! Hope you remember us, visited you in Aug 2007. Still trying to get over to Perth, it's been and still is a very long journery. I am in my final year of nurse training, now checking out graduate programmes and job sponsorship. Had e-mails from Royal Perth regarding graduate programmes- offering to Australian students first not many places. E-mailing private companies as well as recruitment agencies. So far only been offered 457 visa on sponsorship, which we're not sure about! would prefer permanent visa but I know these are hard to come by. If you can offer any advice it would be welcome!

Love Helen, Pat & the Boys xx

Hi Helen,

Yes I remember you (and Nigel often asks about you) we hadn't been in Aus long when you came to visit. I may be worth trying Armadale, Fremantle and Rockingham (opened a new hospital) if you're thinking of SOR still. You can also look into the 457 and if they will sponsor you for PR visa ... but there would be nothing to stop you doing that yourself either (Fiona did it whilst working at RPH).

Keep in touch.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Ali

Thanks for your reply, nice to hear from you. I know graduates are mainly for Australian nurses. Looking to be sponsored on 457 visa, job hunting myself and lots of research. Can't start the ball rolling till I get my qualifications in Sept this year. It's been a very long journey, just starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Pat & I are so fed up of England and the boys talk about oz all the time. We are daring to get a little excited again and have more determination than ever!!!!!!!

Hopefully we will be able to return the favour and invite you all to OUR barbie in the not too distant future.

Thanks

Helen & Pat

Guest Guest26012
my daughter is in her final year of her studies to become a qualified nurse in the UK.

we are looking to move to WA next yr . just about to do the medicals now .

any information on if she will be able to come out being newly qualified would be helpful. also if there is any graduate's course she may be able to come and do.

many thanks

Look at Joondalup Health Campus WA they are currently recruiting from the UK! Dont know about grads though but its worth a try!!

Guest vikki and matt

Hi my name is Vikki and Im just about to qualify as a nurse. Im in the same situation I have been contacting nursing agencies but each one says they require 12 months experience.

Iam wanting to find out more about the post grad courses but I have been put off by stories that there are limited places. Do you have to pay for the course? Or do you recieve a salary if your based at a hospital? I have heard you get paid but when I have looked at the courses there are course fees Im confused! I dont want to get over there being newly qualified with no experience and not be able to work. Any advice would be great thank you xxx

Archived