• Australian Capital territory
    • Victoria
    • Tasmania
    • South Australia
    • Western Australia
    • Northern Territory
    • More than one
    • Moved from one state to another

New South Wales, Sydney, years and years ago, lived there for about three years but it was expensive compared to other places even then. Moved to Melbourne not so visually attractive but easier to live here.

If I had the money to live in Mosman, The Pittwater, Neutral Bay or anywhere on the harbour then Sydney would suit.:laugh:

New South Wales, Sydney, years and years ago, lived there for about three years but it was expensive compared to other places even then. Moved to Melbourne not so visually attractive but easier to live here.

If I had the money to live in Mosman, The Pittwater, Neutral Bay or anywhere on the harbour then Sydney would suit.:laugh:

Bugger me I did'nt even stop typing and you were there:embarrassed:

I thought Petals response was valid - she didn't move back home but she did find NSW not to her liking and moved - it's what a few people do before finally deciding to go back to the UK.

Sorry guys but you can't set rules for threads about who can and cannot respond to them, it's an open forum and as such people are regulated not on which threads or sections they can contribute too.

I thought Petals response was valid - she didn't move back home but she did find NSW not to her liking and moved - it's what a few people do before finally deciding to go back to the UK.

Sorry guys but you can't set rules for threads about who can and cannot respond to them, it's an open forum and as such people are regulated on which threads or sections they can contribute too.

Yes I should have put in my poll moved from one state to another.

Sorry

If this can be done insted of Other, please can you do it for me Ali.

Happy new year

John

Guest guest37336

I voted more than one John, just personal opinion though. I would have to say Queensland by far for me, BUT.

Not Brisbane or surrounds mate, Cairns, etc is the place for me. But I guess I could say NO to all the states, as I am more of a rural kind of person. If my ONLY experience had been of the bigger cities, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, etc then I think I would have come back to the UK like a shot, too big, too busy and to unfriendly, nice at times, but I do enjoy the more rural/different places in Australia, IMO anyway.

Much rather Cairns, Broome, Darwin, Port Augusta, etc. The essence of Australia to me John is in the less populated and outback.

As I said mate, horses for courses and all that, and it is ONLY my opinion is all.

Cheers Tony.:wink:

Yes I should have put in my poll moved from one state to another.

Sorry

If this can be done insted of Other, please can you do it for me Ali.

Happy new year

John

I'm a complete technophobe so have asked Rob if he can do it for you

Ali

Guest chris955

I certainly wasn't setting any rules, I was merely clarifying the question as it did specifically ask people what State they tried before moving back home.

Sorry guys but you can't set rules for threads about who can and cannot respond to them, it's an open forum and as such people are regulated not on which threads or sections they can contribute too.

Guest champagne pussycat

Hi All. Hope you don't mind me joining your chat.

We have been in Perth for 4 years now and we have decided to move back to the UK. We gave it a good go here but it just ain't working. Perth and WA in general (in my opinion) is suited to outdoorsy people who love fishing, BBQ's and beer. Unfortunately we don't fit this category. To avoid the ping-pong scenario we travelled to different states but nothing grabbed us.

Australia is a lovely place but it just doesn't suit everyone. Our cat really doesn't like the heat either and although he is now 18 we are flying him back again.

I must say I'm finding the shipping quotes a bit pricey and we aren't taking any furniture back, just books and clothes!

ttfn

CP

Guest champagne pussycat

We have no idea where we are going to end up in the UK. Hubby is from Yorkshire and I'm from Nottingham but we intend to resettle somewhere southern. Perhaps Dorset, Cornwall or Sussex.

We think we will need somewhere rural as we have got so used to the quiet in the area we live now. Plus, we want a nice garden for our cat due to the nightmare we've put him through (flying, rabies jabs, 45 degree heat)

If anyone can suggest areas down south that are worth looking at or areas we should definately avoid I wuld be most grateful :cute:

We have no idea where we are going to end up in the UK. Hubby is from Yorkshire and I'm from Nottingham but we intend to resettle somewhere southern. Perhaps Dorset, Cornwall or Sussex.

We think we will need somewhere rural as we have got so used to the quiet in the area we live now. Plus, we want a nice garden for our cat due to the nightmare we've put him through (flying, rabies jabs, 45 degree heat)

If anyone can suggest areas down south that are worth looking at or areas we should definately avoid I wuld be most grateful :cute:

We are looking at a small village in Herts great as it near my home town, stansted cmabridge and London.

Was in cornwall visiting friends October. Lovley place but to quiet for me, not cheap either.

We are looking at a small village in Herts great as it near my home town, stansted cmabridge and London.

Was in cornwall visiting friends October. Lovley place but to quiet for me, not cheap either.

I'd go the west country,gloucester way,bath area,love crisps and a pickled egg me:cute:,even tho eggs despise me!love cornwall but work?????

Guest guest37336
I'd go the west country,gloucester way,bath area,love crisps and a pickled egg me:cute:,even tho eggs despise me!love cornwall but work?????

Thatching mate, thatching. I can just see it now Pablo, peice of straw hanging from your mouth, 'smoko' would be the local Scrumpy:goofy:, west country accent, AND.

If you want continuous work Pablo, I know an ex con who is a Pyromaniac, he could be your shadow and continue with his hobby, and hey presto, more work.:idea::biglaugh:

My mate seems to be busy , building wood cabins for the rich. I worked a few years ago, again I found it remote. I'd travel 30 mile to change a washer.

No good for brickies, it rains to much.

You can vote now petles. had one done for you.

Thatching mate, thatching. I can just see it now Pablo, peice of straw hanging from your mouth, 'smoko' would be the local Scrumpy:goofy:, west country accent, AND.

If you want continuous work Pablo, I know an ex con who is a Pyromaniac, he could be your shadow and continue with his hobby, and hey presto, more work.:idea::biglaugh:

Worked with a pyro in germany mate,kept trying to set the bouncers in clubs alight,tell yer about him another time,suffice to say i had to snap a car ariel off one night to protect meself from bouncers "he'd" tried to set fire to:rolleyes::daydreaming:

Guest guest37336
Worked with a pyro in germany mate,kept trying to set the bouncers in clubs alight,tell yer about him another time,suffice to say i had to snap a car ariel off one night to protect meself from bouncers "he'd" tried to set fire to:rolleyes::daydreaming:

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::notworthy:

You've got my imagination going now Pablo, Errol Flynn comes to mind, sword (well car ariel) ready to slay the baddies.:biglaugh::wubclub::notworthy:

My mate seems to be busy , building wood cabins for the rich. I worked a few years ago, again I found it remote. I'd travel 30 mile to change a washer.

No good for brickies, it rains to much.

Sorry Im talking about Cornwall

Archived