Thank-you SNOW - I LOVE IT

gaz n family

Way HEY - Another day off thanks to the snow, we had another 4-5 inches this morning and it looks like more is coming. :jiggy:

all of this ontop of about 8 inches. this only thing i hate is i am sick of clearing the drive. But now the car is up the drive it can snow all it wants. Well might have to clear it again to pick up the wife at tea time, or shall i make her walk home? :wink:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Way HEY - Another day off thanks to the snow, we had another 4-5 inches this morning and it looks like more is coming. :jiggy:

all of this ontop of about 8 inches. this only thing i hate is i am sick of clearing the drive. But now the car is up the drive it can snow all it wants. Well might have to clear it again to pick up the wife at tea time, or shall i make her walk home? :wink:

I think you should take stock of yourself, and think about all the folk trapped at airports for days, and may not get to see their families for Christmas. Also all the retailers who need to get as much money in their tills to survive. Not to mention people who are taken ill having to get to hospitals.The only place for snow is on a Christmas card!

I think you should take stock of yourself, and think about all the folk trapped at airports for days, and may not get to see their families for Christmas. Also all the retailers who need to get as much money in their tills to survive. Not to mention people who are taken ill having to get to hospitals.The only place for snow is on a Christmas card!

Another practical/pragmatic way of looking at is,,,,,,nice to look at,nice for kids,but all the self employed/sole trader builders who have been frozen off the last cpl of weeks before crimbo wont be enjoying it.

Flipping heck, did we all get up out of the wrong side of the bed? And by the way, i do work for myself, i am a consultant for a VERY large company, contracted in to project manager a few projects. So you could say i am self employed.

OMG, what happy souls. What can i do about those in Heathrow, or hospitals or shop keepers. NOWT, so there is little point of worrying about it. Did any of them think about me away from my family for the last 4 Christmases stuck in Iraq or Afghan?

So whenever you dip in a little do you always say, no thanks, i need to worry about those in hospital or stuck in the airport? Whatever......

Try thinking that the glass is always half full.

Another practical/pragmatic way of looking at is,,,,,,nice to look at,nice for kids,but all the self employed/sole trader builders who have been frozen off the last cpl of weeks before crimbo wont be enjoying it.

Good point mate, i have not earnt any money pretty much for the last three weeks as its just been to cold for what i am doing. I am not destitute at all and we will not suffer but i have still lost a lot of money, however some of my trades are not so lucky and are really struggling, my roofer drove over today to get a cheque off me for £200 so he could bank it before xmas as he has only done a couple of days lately. If this weather carries on for a long time after xmas and into the new year then some people will be in big trouble.

By the way nothing against op as i see what he is saying, just thought i would join in.

Lighten up. We all have the same choice on leaving school. No one forced anyone into a profession.

So you never have anything negative to say in your profession then when things are not going to well?

Guest chris955

Oh for gods sake let people enjoy what they enjoy. I hope before anybody goes for a swim in that lovely water over Christmas you all consider all those who have lost everything in the floods all over Australia. What about those who die in the heat that some love so much ?

Oh for gods sake let people enjoy what they enjoy. I hope before anybody goes for a swim in that lovely water over Christmas you all consider all those who have lost everything in the floods all over Australia. What about those who die in the heat that some love so much ?

Kernow was just pointing out its not great for everyone,thats all,and a cpl of us agreed,nothing against the OP,i understand his sentiments,but it HAS had its downsides,but as someone who "likes pointing out the reality",im sure you will understand that:wink:

Btw just put a get well card in my next door neighbours,85 and broke her hip on the icey pavement,nah sack the snow lmao!

Whilst taking stock of ones self today unfortunatly no more snow so had to return to work today. So next time someone posts about receiving their visa, or sponsorship is it acceptable to point out that they shold be more mindfull of those that are still waiting? I for one wouldnt, let them celebrate i say. Still at least it kept the thread alive. Life is full of ups and downs, celebrate the ups, they dont come that often and lets not pee on those that do. There is plenty of things on here i dont agree with, but dont post to create a stir, if you dont like it, click the back button.

Whilst taking stock of ones self today unfortunatly no more snow so had to return to work today. So next time someone posts about receiving their visa, or sponsorship is it acceptable to point out that they shold be more mindfull of those that are still waiting? I for one wouldnt, let them celebrate i say. Still at least it kept the thread alive. Life is full of ups and downs, celebrate the ups, they dont come that often and lets not pee on those that do. There is plenty of things on here i dont agree with, but dont post to create a stir, if you dont like it, click the back button.

People were only pointing out the downsides,i certainly never had a pop at you directly,just opining on the snow thats all

I hardly think you can compare people getting there visas to you having a day off due to weather. Like the above said, we were only pointing out the downsides to the weather but if you want take it totally out of context then feel free:SLEEP:

I agree that snow can and does cause a lot of misery to some, whilst i do feel for these people stranded at airports in the freezing cold, i still can't help feeling a little selfish, I love seeing my kids out playing in the garden or in the road having snowball fights with neighboring kids, having fun lying in the snow making snow angels! Oh and bombarding their dad with the biggest ones they can make! Probably cause in Bournemouth it's been sometime since we have had what i would call decent snow, we usually get a very light dusting! So for my tiny little bit of selfishness im slightly disappointed that we now have the dark dreary rain that makes everyone feel miserable!:snowman3:

I agree that snow can and does cause a lot of misery to some, whilst i do feel for these people stranded at airports in the freezing cold, i still can't help feeling a little selfish, I love seeing my kids out playing in the garden or in the road having snowball fights with neighboring kids, having fun lying in the snow making snow angels! Oh and bombarding their dad with the biggest ones they can make! Probably cause in Bournemouth it's been sometime since we have had what i would call decent snow, we usually get a very light dusting! So for my tiny little bit of selfishness im slightly disappointed that we now have the dark dreary rain that makes everyone feel miserable!:snowman3:

Im saying nothing anymore,ive argued the toss about the ins and outs of a ducks ar7e on here dawny,but im NOT arguing about snow:mad:!!!!!!!!!what the...........:goofy::biglaugh:

Im saying nothing anymore,ive argued to the toss about the ins and outs of a ducks ar7e on here dawny,but im NOT arguing about snow:mad:!!!!!!!!!what the...........:goofy::biglaugh:

We have a better quality of snow down here to what you get:daydreaming:

Guest guest17301

Jeez!!....what a fab example of an innocent thread being taken the wrong way!!

Gaz..enjoy the snow mate, its one of lifes simple pleasures (in the right context) FFS!:shocked:

(and pick the wife up or failing that go meet her from work and walk home hand in hand enjoying the festive scenery!)

so being directed to take stock of myself and instructed on who to think about is there in post two and is pointed right at the first post. God dont some get over excited when they have the bit between their teeth? Likewise the visa or sponsorship was an example, no one compared it to a day off, it was an example of some celebating. In fact me getting a day off paid working for mysef imo is cause for celebration, visas are easier to obtain. I guess this can go on and on so i will request this thread be closed. Its christmas, chill and be merry. I am off to clear the neighbours drives, but i tend not to blow my own trumpet to often.

so being directed to take stock of myself and instructed on who to think about is there in post two and is pointed right at the first post. God dont some get over excited when they have the bit between their teeth? Likewise the visa or sponsorship was an example, no one compared it to a day off, it was an example of some celebating. In fact me getting a day off paid working for mysef imo is cause for celebration, visas are easier to obtain. I guess this can go on and on so i will request this thread be closed. Its christmas, chill and be merry. I am off to clear the neighbours drives, but i tend not to blow my own trumpet to often.

I said I never had a pop at you directly,thats all,i doubt visas are easier to obtain tho:wink:

Gaz..enjoy the snow mate, its one of lifes simple pleasures (in the right context) FFS!:shocked:

(and pick the wife up or failing that go meet her from work and walk home hand in hand enjoying the festive scenery!)

thanks, i thought i was going mad for a while. I did pick her up, she still loves me

It was innocent i agree fi,but you know the score on here,everything generates an opinion?people were just saying its a pain in the arse as well,thats all

Guest guest17301
It was innocent i agree fi,but you know the score on here,everything generates an opinion?people were just saying its a pain in the arse as well,thats all

Stop backtracking Grinch:tongue:...poor Gaz got a right earbashing in this thread. Out of order

He didnt ask for a lecture on the evils of snow, was simply expressing his joy at the snowy scene...good for him I say, his cups deffo half full not like some of the miserys who commented. Theres a downside to most things in life....this thread wasn't the place for discussing it though. IMHO!

Stop backtracking Grinch:tongue:...poor Gaz got a right earbashing in this thread. Out of order

He didnt ask for a lecture on the evils of snow, was simply expressing his joy at the snowy scene...good for him I say, his cups deffo half full not like some of the miserys who commented. Theres a downside to most things in life....this thread wasn't the place for discussing it though. IMHO!

Im NOT backtracking:wink:,the snow IS a pain in the arse in general,except for messing about with kids,your entitled to your opinion,.but so are others:biggrin:

Guest guest17301
Im NOT backtracking:wink:,the snow IS a pain in the arse in general,except for messing about with kids,your entitled to your opinion,.but so are others:biggrin:

:shocked::no::christmassmilie:

Archived