military discharge certificate and PR

sharon69

Hi,

I have just completed my online application and am now being asked for military discharge certificates, I have mine but my Husband is still serving, he won't put in his notice til we have PR granted. Does anyone else have experience of this, what did DIAC say?

All replies appreciated.

Sharon

When I put my application in for my visa i attached a print of from my JPA early termination page in with the visa and explained in a note as to why i did not have my discharge certificates i believe you get them the month before you leave so should get mine in April and leave the service on the 4th of may to move out on the 9th of may i hope this is of help to you.

Hi,

I have just completed my online application and am now being asked for military discharge certificates, I have mine but my Husband is still serving, he won't put in his notice til we have PR granted. Does anyone else have experience of this, what did DIAC say?

All replies appreciated.

Sharon

Hi

Don't know the answer ! but is very interested if anyone else know's ????:tongue:Hubby is still serving at the mo too and wondering what we would have to do if asked this too

brides x

Hi Sneeze100,

thanks for your reply, but I'm wondering will they grant the PR without the discharge certificate as Husband won't sign off without PR :(

S

Hi you should look on this PIO website it will help you with a lot of things that u need to know.transferring from R.N to R.A.N royal navy to royal australian navy -

Anita

Hi Sharon i took the gamble and it paid of for me if you never try you will never know has he been given a TOS if so its really in the bag. will you be happy in 8 years time sitting saying you nearly went but you never cause you never took a gamble and trust me i know its a gamble i have a wife and kids so it was stressful but it paid off. any ways good luck on your decision

Hi Sneeze,

no I'm the main visa applicant, he's not transferring just getting out after 26 years. I looked at the RN to RAN thread but it doesn't really help, hopefully someone else can offer some advice, he doesn't need to sign off, still has years left if he wants, but we don't want! But we do want the security of PR before he hits the send button on JPA.

Fancy seeing you on here Sharon! :wink: Thanks for starting this thread as i was wondering the same thing. My hubby has a print off from JPA with approval of early TOS. He says this is the only paperwork he will get for a while before leaving. I was just planning on sending a certified copy of that to DIAC. Keep in touch and let me know how you get on with the visa. Ours docs have been received today by SA for sponsorship so just waiting to hear if we have got it then apply for the visa.

Sneeze: thanks for the info. Is that all you sent to DIAC the early termination page and did you have any problems with it? Does it need to be certified?

Bev

Fancy seeing you on here Sharon! :wink: Thanks for starting this thread as i was wondering the same thing. My hubby has a print off from JPA with approval of early TOS. He says this is the only paperwork he will get for a while before leaving. I was just planning on sending a certified copy of that to DIAC. Keep in touch and let me know how you get on with the visa. Ours docs have been received today by SA for sponsorship so just waiting to hear if we have got it then apply for the visa.

Sneeze: thanks for the info. Is that all you sent to DIAC the early termination page and did you have any problems with it? Does it need to be certified?

Bev

:jiggy:Bev you beauty !!! lol thanks for posting that info on this thread , i have been wondering how to get info

Brides

Can you not get their DOs to write a headed note paper? Not sure if it will work, just a thought.

The other thing i notice when reading the posts above. For you whose hubby is waiting for the PR visa before banging in his notice. I seem to think you only have 12 months from the earliest date on your application submitted details. i.e. say you have your medicals in April 2011, then your police checks done June 2011 and you're lucky enough to get your visa approved August 2011, you must validate your visa by April 2012. So if he waits until August 2011 to slap it in on JPA it might be an issue. That is unless it has changed in the last 6 months since my TX date, wont this be a little risky if he is forced to serve his full 12 months? Just a thought.

Mind you, all of this might not be a worry if they get their redundancy sorted post SDSR. I have a few mates who are a little concerned on this.

Sharon

If it is any help i put my 176 in last month with a JPA print out with my termination date on it. Also i had a headed letter from boss stating my job spec for one of the requirements they asked for, but more importantly for you he also stated my termination date, thus far i have had no come back from DIAC.

A friend i work with has received his Visa and had the same issue and he just put in a note stating his circumstances along the same lines to your other half saying it will take him a year to get out, but at the same time in this climate it can also take him 2 weeks if he phones Glasgow, again this has happened to someone i work with who has been offered a job, he is due to start after xmas but is not due out until Aug 11, Glasgow are more than happy to save some money this way to reduce on redundenceis later on.

Hope this helps

Ken

Hi Gaz,

you only have to validate within the 12 months, i.e small holiday, then another 4 years to actually make the move, phew, please correct me if I'm wrong fellow PIO's. I think hubby can sign off in 7 months,

Sharon x

TUT TUT TUT, spending his Gratuity already :laugh::laugh: I don't know about the 7 months, never heard of that notice period, likewise to get early release it really depends upon your branch, is there any shortages, any long term gaps that need filling, your own personnel circumstances, pension time served etc, oh and if you are willing to sign of your terminal leave and resset etc.

My old colleague wanted early release, he had done 29 years, our line manager cleared it and he had a job to go to. once drafty and the branch manager saw he request and so it was supported by our boss, they moved him for his last 8 months into a short term gap, out of area and long term gaped his old position saying if we could spare him, we didn't need the billet. And there's thanks for your 29 years.

Sorry i am rambling on, just a tale for concern. This was 3 years ago, in terms of manpower and the RN thats a long time ago and things change, quickly. Why are these decissions so difficult?

Hi Gaz,

yes always on the look out to spend some of his money :wink:, he assures me it's 7 months but that's not really the issue if we only have to validate within 12 months we could move at our leisure. Hopefully as I'm the main applicant and I've given them my discharge certificate they'll accept that his will follow before we move to OZ.

Sharon

Archived