How will DIAC process Cat 2s?

Jobo

Hi All

Apologies if this has been answered on a different thread...I was wondering what will happen when all of the SMPs are out and we have a high number of applicants in catagory 2. How will DIAC process these?

Will they look at anyone in Cat 2 and proces in date order based on the date the original 176 application was made? E.g. they woudl look at Cat2s from 2008/9 before looking at any from 2010? this would be the fairest way in my view.

Also if those who are fortunate enough to have ACT/Vic sponsorship and have already been given a CO, am I right in assuming that they won't be bumped when another state releases their SMP e.g. WA Cat 2 whose application was made before theirs (as that wouldn't seem vary fair - getting someones hopes up and then snatching them away)?

cheers

Jo

It should be lodgement order really. That's the Fairest. Also many of us that have a 176 lodged already had a 175 lodged first so that's why many that applied late 2008/2009 are still waiting.

Read some where may be in CAT-2 thread that DIAC has already allocated CO to all VIc, ACT applicants.

I am not sure whether it was Date order or not because post july 10 Applicants are not that much.

on the other hand people who applied for SMP after SMP release are waiting for there approvals and they will launch there application after getting SMp so i dont think BACKLOG will be created soon. at the moment SMP applicants are getting Co with full pace and as soon as other states will release there Smp then CO will also work on them ...

It's nts turn next week for cos then. I think another state will release tomorrow as Monday seems to be the diac day! Will it be qld or wa. I'm hoping for the latter. :)

Well, purely for selfish reasons I'm hoping for Tas on Monday.

Most likely to be Queensland releasing. From a reputable source QLD were releasing last week so I think there may have been a minor hitch, so hopefully this will see QLD bringing us good news. I have been told nurses are on the SMP from Queensland and why am I worrying???, this was from my contact in QLD. Don't know about other occupations though and not sure how processing will go.

Archived