cyclists in point cook melbourne

plazze

hi my name is gary, am moviing to point cook in feb,after a bit of time back home,before that stayed in perth am a keen cyclist did race alot in the uk few years and kilos ago,am still a keen cyclist did a race or 2 in perth,since coming back to the uk havent being near a bike,i was wondring of there is any cyclist on here that could show me the seen in melbourne,

regards gary

We are members of Bicycle Victoria Bicycle Victoria and its a good membership to have. Lots of information etc.

Do not know how old you are but my oh used to ride with the Southern Vets and they raced on the weekend, and in mid week, A - G grade and as you age you drop down the grades. (although some older guys stay in the high grades right into old age - dedication ) My oh does not ride with them now but he still rides his bikes.

Also their are the professional organisations, cycle Victoria and of course there is Audax.

My oh used to ride round the bay in a day and the Alpine classics.

Cycling is big here and vet groups are South, East North and I think Geelong.

Good luck.

i there ,thanks for you reply,i am 45 now,but used to be a serious racer in my hayday in the uk ,but not anymore ,i had packed it in ,but when got over to perth the weather was great ,used to cycle 60ks to work and back every day and the weekend ,so i got the bug again,but had to come home to uk in may ,i havent touched my bike since,do plan on starting again once overe in melbourne,i was just gettin used to the roads in WA ,am not really worried about racing anymore done it got the teeshirt and the crash marks,so just plan to meet up with the rides and enjoy the ou doors,will have a look at the site you posted maybe you could ask you husband if he knows of local runs

gary

hi my name is gary, am moviing to point cook in feb,after a bit of time back home,before that stayed in perth am a keen cyclist did race alot in the uk few years and kilos ago,am still a keen cyclist did a race or 2 in perth,since coming back to the uk havent being near a bike,i was wondring of there is any cyclist on here that could show me the seen in melbourne,

regards gary

Not a cyclist myself, but our fabulous bike tracks are full of cyclists, and lots of road cyclists who do the Beach Rd (starting at St. Kilda beach) and all the freeway bike tracks are popular (the Eastern freeway goes from city to outer suburbs). Google bike clubs and you will get them listed.

i there ,thanks for you reply,i am 45 now,but used to be a serious racer in my hayday in the uk ,but not anymore ,i had packed it in ,but when got over to perth the weather was great ,used to cycle 60ks to work and back every day and the weekend ,so i got the bug again,but had to come home to uk in may ,i havent touched my bike since,do plan on starting again once overe in melbourne,i was just gettin used to the roads in WA ,am not really worried about racing anymore done it got the teeshirt and the crash marks,so just plan to meet up with the rides and enjoy the ou doors,will have a look at the site you posted maybe you could ask you husband if he knows of local runs

gary

You will love it then just join the local vets cycling club and head along. They are always looking for people to join. See how you and get graded. My oh used to race too when he was in Uk and young. He had twenty odd years off cycling and then returned to it and he loves it of course. Plenty of bike shops around, places to get them built etc. Just ask in any good bike shop and you will find out all about it.

Archived