.NET Software Development Jobs Market

Guest celtick

Guest celtick

I'm reading conflicting reports regarding software development jobs in Australia. I would be interested to hear from those in the industry to how the jobs market is. I'm a senior developer (14 years) working with C#, ASP.net, SQL server. There seems to be plenty of jobs on Seek but I know quite often there can be loads of duplicates on these job sites.

I plan on getting a skilled migration visa(175) and would we looking at going to Melbourne (or possibly Sydney).

I'm reading conflicting reports regarding software development jobs in Australia. I would be interested to hear from those in the industry to how the jobs market is. I'm a senior developer (14 years) working with C#, ASP.net, SQL server. There seems to be plenty of jobs on Seek but I know quite often there can be loads of duplicates on these job sites.

I plan on getting a skilled migration visa(175) and would we looking at going to Melbourne (or possibly Sydney).

Hi mate,

I know how you feel. I'm moving to OZ in a few weeks and senior developer with same skills like you.

Well, from my research and from talking to a couple of people, it has picked up quite well recently and there are a couple of good jobs both in Sydney and Melbourne.

But like you said, I cannot be sure cause I am not there and the info only got it from people online and talking to a few friends in OZ.

To be honest, I applied to a few jobs through seek or companies web sites. The response was NULL ! Not even a response mate! The only response was through a inside contact.

BUT, its obvious that the problem is cause we are not there. They would want you to be there, to meet you, interview you and if possible start asap. So, most probably I got no reply cause I am not there. I mentioned to them that I'll be there in a couple of weeks...

Sorry mate I was not of much help, hopefully others residing in OZ and in the IT world will give there view. I read some posts stating that a some companies have great projects and demand is on the up.

I will give my feedback again when I'll land in OZ and be job hunting in a few weeks.

And good luck! :wink:

Cheers

B!K3R

Guest celtick

You would think if the demand was good that you would be getting responses especially from recruitment agencies wanting to get you on their books knowing that you'll be there very soon.

Good luck when you arrive and hopefully you'll get something very quickly.

You would think if the demand was good that you would be getting responses especially from recruitment agencies wanting to get you on their books knowing that you'll be there very soon.

Good luck when you arrive and hopefully you'll get something very quickly.

I know!!!!!!!!! I thought about the same thing too! But apparently its not like that in OZ.

If you are not there, they don't care! I personally find it very stupid, cause if it were for me, I would still build a relationship with the client (thus us) for when they arrive.

I honestly don't understand them, its like they don't look into the future but only at the bird they have in their hands.

However, I would not worry mate, with your experience (and mine similar to yours), we will surely be fine.

Just apply mate and get over to OZ and start the new adventure if that is what you really want! You're a pro and an opportunity will surely come up. My advice would be, networking and socializing, build that up mate, its very crucial.

Cheers

B!K3R

Archived