new VIC SMP - where are you now

Guest Mongobear

Guest HoutoMel

Congrats Smiley!

------------

Looks like not getting VIC SS might work out in a good way after all--judging by the new timeframes. What I don't get is how a 176 SS could take as long as 24 months, while the 175's longest appears to be 18 months. I say "appears" because my relatively short experience with this Oz process is that timeframes seem at best advisory, lol!

I say not having SS because I just know that I'd be the one whose 176 would've been on the 24 months end of the spectrum and would've waited 6 months longer than the 175!! lol.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest smiley
Hi Smiley, did you get the mail from DIAC after submitting the online application?

Guys,

I did not get any mail, but I am able to login with the TRN to check the status, checklist, fee receipt etc. Do I need to worry? I applied on 29th Jun.

Thanks

hiya,

sorry cant help as agent lodged visa for us. he has now closed the office due to all the changes so cant ask. its stressful isnt with the close cut off! im sure we will be fine though :biggrin:

Guest Baazighar
hiya,

sorry cant help as agent lodged visa for us. he has now closed the office due to all the changes so cant ask. its stressful isnt with the close cut off! im sure we will be fine though :biggrin:

Thanks Smiley, I got that email last night, so no worries. :biggrin:

Guest firefly1

Hi all,

Nice to be back..Had no internet access for the past 2 weeks and had to get hubby to post in this forum about receiving SS and stuffs :)..Belated congrats to all those who got their SS and good luck to others with plan B.. As mentioned before, I had lodged my 176 on 21st June. Haven't got any TRN number or acknowledgement email from my agent yet. Do you guys think it is time to get it?

regards,

firefly

Guest Baazighar
Hi all,

Nice to be back..Had no internet access for the past 2 weeks and had to get hubby to post in this forum about receiving SS and stuffs :)..Belated congrats to all those who got their SS and good luck to others with plan B.. As mentioned before, I had lodged my 176 on 21st June. Haven't got any TRN number or acknowledgement email from my agent yet. Do you guys think it is time to get it?

regards,

firefly

Congratulations on your Application.. Wish you good luck with your app.:wubclub:

Guest firefly1
What a thread this is.. I love it.. though I am not related to Vic SS, I can't control myself to peek into this lol. Also, I should agree that this is helpful to non Victorians.

Just wanted to appreciate you Uli for your efforts, and I feel this thread is very much organized. Also would like to appreciate Armandra, Seban etc etc.. for helping others.

:wubclub::wubclub: to you all.

Thanks

so true Baazhighar. I was away from this thread for 2 weeks and felt so restless without knowing the happenings here :biggrin:.. really addictive.

Guest soumya
Hi all,

regards,

firefly

Hi Firefly1,

You should have got your TRN right when you / agent gave the CC details and clicked "Submit" - for online apps. Ack email you should be getting in a day or two post submitting the appl.

cheers...

Guest juzzy
Hi Joey and all other accountants.

We have received some great news this morning. We previously looked into NSW sponsorship but my OH hasn't got the taxation experience required by NSW. A few weeks ago WA opened their applications to accountants again. Last night we applied for SS and 3 hours later we were approved!

Please let me know if you want any more details about this.

Julie

Hi Julie,

did you put that you had not applied to any other state on the WA one? Im so tempted to apply to WA but really should wait! aaaaaaaaaaargh slow vic!!

Justin

Guest HighPeakJulie
Hi Julie,

did you put that you had not applied to any other state on the WA one? Im so tempted to apply to WA but really should wait! aaaaaaaaaaargh slow vic!!

Justin

We put no on the form as we didn't have a pending application. If you put yes it won't let you continue. This is the reply from WA when I mentioned we were rejected from Victoria - "As you no longer have an application with Victoria you can make application to Western Australia. You will need to click on NO to get through the application."

Guest juzzy
We put no on the form as we didn't have a pending application. If you put yes it won't let you continue. This is the reply from WA when I mentioned we were rejected from Victoria - "As you no longer have an application with Victoria you can make application to Western Australia. You will need to click on NO to get through the application."

thanks for that! What did you put for the cost of living etc.. ?

Guest Mongobear
thanks for that! What did you put for the cost of living etc.. ?

Hey Juzzy,

you should calculate 25k for the main-applicant plus 5k for every dependent. We've put 40k for a family of three and it went through.

Good luck

Uli

Guest auzzycrazzy

Hey Uli,

We lodged our application in June 2009, if I want to convert my application to a SS application do I need to lodge a new application?

It was told, if the application was lodged before July 2010 we don't need a new application, but with all the new changes on July 1st 2011 can we still do this?

Thanks is advance

Guest nadeem

Name Nadeem

Date of SMP application: 4th Nov 2010

Trade/profession: Computing Professionals nec

Nationality: Pakistani

IELTS (if applicable):

Visa type: 176

Delays/further docs requested: 26th Nov 2010 (Additional Declaration Requested)

SS received: 1st Dec 2010

Guest juzzy
Hey Juzzy,

you should calculate 25k for the main-applicant plus 5k for every dependent. We've put 40k for a family of three and it went through.

Good luck

Uli

thanks for that, is that the money you are taking with you, you mean? I meant the monthly cost (i hope its not $25K per month!!):eek:

I had a look on aussiemove.com, they seemed to have it broken down. I just darent get anything wrong!!

Guest Mongobear
Hey Uli,

We lodged our application in June 2009, if I want to convert my application to a SS application do I need to lodge a new application?

It was told, if the application was lodged before July 2010 we don't need a new application, but with all the new changes on July 1st 2011 can we still do this?

Thanks is advance

Hey ac,

yes that's correct. There's nothing to do but sending the DIAC form 1100 from your sponsoring state. I did the same. Actually the state is usually sending that document to the DIAC but I'd ask them after a week or two whether they received it or not because I know cases where people were waiting for a CO for ages just because the sponsoring state missed to send form 1100 or the DIAC managed to lose the form.

Good luck

Uli

Guest Mongobear
Name Nadeem

Date of SMP application: 4th Nov 2010

Trade/profession: Computing Professionals nec

Nationality: Pakistani

IELTS (if applicable):

Delays/further docs requested: 26th Nov 2010 (Additional Declaration Requested)

SS received: 1st Dec 2010

Hi Nadeem,

thanks for adding your details and congrats on your grant. I guess you should have your visa in the meantime so enjoy Australia buddy.

Cheers

Uli

Guest Mongobear
thanks for that, is that the money you are taking with you, you mean? I meant the monthly cost (i hope its not $25K per month!!):eek:

I had a look on aussiemove.com, they seemed to have it broken down. I just darent get anything wrong!!

Hi,

I guess this will be the money we we'll be transferring to OZ. The monthly cost is of course not that high. I could not even survive a month then :wink: It heavily depends on where you live and most of all how you live. For three people rent will be between 300-600 a week, food 100-250 and then there's car(s), insurances, internet and all that stuff. I guess 2000-4000AU$ per months should be fine.

Good luck

Uli

Guest auzzycrazzy
Hey ac,

yes that's correct. There's nothing to do but sending the DIAC form 1100 from your sponsoring state. I did the same. Actually the state is usually sending that document to the DIAC but I'd ask them after a week or two whether they received it or not because I know cases where people were waiting for a CO for ages just because the sponsoring state missed to send form 1100 or the DIAC managed to lose the form.

Good luck

Uli

Hey Uli,

You are such a nice guy helping people in various ways.

back to my SS question, are you sure, we still can do this after july 2011, because in "Options Available for CAT 5" DIAC have said if we are going to conevrt it to SS we need to lodge a new application.

Also they haven't mentioned anything about pre 2010 lodged applications.

Thanks agian for your continues support

Guest Mongobear
Hey Uli,

You are such a nice guy helping people in various ways.

back to my SS question, are you sure, we still can do this after july 2011, because in "Options Available for CAT 5" DIAC have said if we are going to conevrt it to SS we need to lodge a new application.

Also they haven't mentioned anything about pre 2010 lodged applications.

Thanks agian for your continues support

Hey az,

tbh I am not 100% sure about that but I am almost sure that these new rules only apply to those people lodging after 1st of July 2010. It has always been like that. That's why they do not mention older applications.

Actually these new no-switch rules have already been implemented in July 2010. I lodged my application in May 2010 and was able to switch to a 176 in April 2011. DIAC always applies the rules that were in place at the time you made the application, so you should be fine with switching to a 176.

Good luck

Uli

Guest nadeem
Hi Nadeem,

thanks for adding your details and congrats on your grant. I guess you should have your visa in the meantime so enjoy Australia buddy.

Cheers

Uli

Hi Uli,

thanks for your compliment, i am still waiting for Medical & Pcc and being stucked in bul**** security checks.

Best,

Nadeem

Guest auzzycrazzy
Hey az,

tbh I am not 100% sure about that but I am almost sure that these new rules only apply to those people lodging after 1st of July 2010. It has always been like that. That's why they do not mention older applications.

Actually these new no-switch rules have already been implemented in July 2010. I lodged my application in May 2010 and was able to switch to a 176 in April 2011. DIAC always applies the rules that were in place at the time you made the application, so you should be fine with switching to a 176.

Good luck

Uli

Thanks a lot Uli

Guest RobynT84

Afternoon All,

Not sure how to update this on the first page so I'm posting it here...

Skills Assessment approved today!! Hoorah! Only the first hurdle, I know, but it still feels really encouraging!

Name: RobynT84

Date of SMP application: 7th Mar 2011

Trade/profession: Urban & Regional Planner

Nationality: British

IELTS (if applicable):

DIAC Priority (if applicable):

Delays/further docs requested:

SS received:

comments: Skills Assessment approved 07.07.11

Guest Mongobear
Afternoon All,

Not sure how to update this on the first page so I'm posting it here...

Skills Assessment approved today!! Hoorah! Only the first hurdle, I know, but it still feels really encouraging!

Name: RobynT84

Date of SMP application: 7th Mar 2011

Trade/profession: Urban & Regional Planner

Nationality: British

IELTS (if applicable):

DIAC Priority (if applicable):

Delays/further docs requested:

SS received:

comments: Skills Assessment approved 07.07.11

Hey Robyn,

there's no better place to post your details :wink:. Thanks for the update and good luck for your application. Did VIC ask for your skills assessment already or did you just attach it to complete your application?

Cheerio

Uli

Archived