new VIC SMP - where are you now

Guest Mongobear

Guest smiley
Hey smiley,

you would be in cat3 ... so 8-12 months.

Cheers

Uli

thanks Uli, so confused and not sure what best option is!!:arghh:

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mongobear

I'd go for the 175 I think. Mainly because VIC is unpredictable and the refusal rate is pretty high. The 175 would be the safer and cheaper option (visa-fee will be 15% higher as of July). Also you're free to choose where to settle. Just my 2 cents. Don't know when you planned to make the final move but if 12months isn't too far away for you then 1-7-5.

Guest JoeyCT

Hi All,

We lodged 176 today.:biggrin:

Quick question. We need to upload a passport picture. How does one do this? Should I upload a jpeg picture or can I scan a passport picture into a pdf and uplaod this?

Hi All,

We lodged 176 today.:biggrin:

Quick question. We need to upload a passport picture. How does one do this? Should I upload a jpeg picture or can I scan a passport picture into a pdf and uplaod this?

JPEG would do.

armandra!

Guest JoeyCT
JPEG would do.

armandra!

Thanks Armandra, but how do I turn a passport picture into a jpeg? Or should I take my own passport picture with my camera?

Guest Mongobear
Thanks Armandra, but how do I turn a passport picture into a jpeg? Or should I take my own passport picture with my camera?

Hi,

a scanner will do the job for you. Just scan a passport-photo or the passport itself as a jpeg or pdf. Both will do.

Cheers

Uli

Guest Baazighar

What a thread this is.. I love it.. though I am not related to Vic SS, I can't control myself to peek into this lol. Also, I should agree that this is helpful to non Victorians.

Just wanted to appreciate you Uli for your efforts, and I feel this thread is very much organized. Also would like to appreciate Armandra, Seban etc etc.. for helping others.

:wubclub::wubclub: to you all.

Thanks

Guest HoutoMel
I'd go for the 175 I think. Mainly because VIC is unpredictable and the refusal rate is pretty high. The 175 would be the safer and cheaper option (visa-fee will be 15% higher as of July). Also you're free to choose where to settle. Just my 2 cents. Don't know when you planned to make the final move but if 12months isn't too far away for you then 1-7-5.

Thanks for this advice. I was considering applying for SS with another state (my only options being NSW or WA) but I think that 175 will indeed be better for the flexibility--and I don't want to risk being declined by another state (just got over that feeling of being "unwanted" lol:wacko:). The 15% upcharge will be a nuisance, but so goes the cost of a dream, right?

While June 2012 may seem pretty far away, that just gives a good amount of time to visit with plenty of family, attend as many American professional sporting events as possible (if they're not all locked out :mad:) and to see as much of my native US before leaving.

Can you believe I've never been to New York or LA?? Or Disney, Mt. Rushmore, and the Gateway Arch?! Time to get that all in! :cool:

Guest Baazighar
Thanks for this advice. I was considering applying for SS with another state (my only options being NSW or WA) but I think that 175 will indeed be better for the flexibility--and I don't want to risk being declined by another state (just got over that feeling of being "unwanted" lol:wacko:). The 15% upcharge will be a nuisance, but so goes the cost of a dream, right?

While June 2012 may seem pretty far away, that just gives a good amount of time to visit with plenty of family, attend as many American professional sporting events as possible (if they're not all locked out :mad:) and to see as much of my native US before leaving.

Can you believe I've never been to New York or LA?? Or Disney, Mt. Rushmore, and the Gateway Arch?! Time to get that all in! :cool:

I wish you all the good luck HoutoMel :wubclub: Hope everything will be alright for you.

Guest smiley

hi, thanks for the help/advice. with all the stress we forgot that we dont have enough points for 175! so we have everything crossed Vic SS get back to us 2m am and we lodge 176 straight away. if not we will have to wait till Ielts is done etc.

but after reading Houtomel's post this afternoon im trying to be positive like her and use the extra time wisely!!:smile:

Guest HighPeakJulie

Don't forget WA approved our application in 3 hours!!

Guest HoutoMel

but after reading Houtomel's post this afternoon im trying to be positive like her

Hey hey! There's no "hers" here! All man here! Proud home to the Y-chromosome! :cool:

Guest HoutoMel
Don't forget WA approved our application in 3 hours!!

Oh that's right! Thanks for the reminder.

Unfortunately I'm still waiting on my skills assessment--which is required by WA isn't it?

Guest smiley

ooooooooooooops- :laugh:Sorry Pal!! Thought you was a lady!! Better do my research before being so presumptuous!:laugh:

we are now praying for a miracle, literally- if Vic come back with SS during the night, we can submit 176 (That's presuming our SS app is favourable based on their most recent request for skills assessment). (Skills assessment submitted this morning at 10am- Vic have a day to turnaround or else we are submitting under new system and having to do IELTS)

Guest Baazighar
ooooooooooooops- :laugh:Sorry Pal!! Thought you was a lady!! Better do my research before being so presumptuous!:laugh:

we are now praying for a miracle, literally- if Vic come back with SS during the night, we can submit 176 (That's presuming our SS app is favourable based on their most recent request for skills assessment). (Skills assessment submitted this morning at 10am- Vic have a day to turnaround or else we are submitting under new system and having to do IELTS)

I wish you all the luck smiley... hope your day fill with full of smiles :wubclub: :hug:

Regards

Guest smiley

So a miracle did happen!!turn us blue!!!! we got vic SS and lodged our 176!! CANT BELIEVE IT- very happy!!!:laugh::eek::wub::biggrin::biggrin:

talk about cutting it fine!!

thanks for all the best wishes

Guest Baazighar
So a miracle did happen!!turn us blue!!!! we got vic SS and lodged our 176!! CANT BELIEVE IT- very happy!!!:laugh::eek::wub::biggrin::biggrin:

Congratulations Smiley.. good luck. Soo happy for you. :wubclub:

Guest Mongobear

Good job, smiley ! Seems you did everything right. May the 176 come through in no time ! :wubclub:

Haha :jiggy: this is amazing. You earned it smiley! :wink: now send VIC and inform them about your TRN to get form 1100. And go a head with your MEDs and PCC :cute: good luck mate.

Guest smiley

Just by way fo providing a bit more of a story, beyond thinking HotoMel was a female:embarrassed:, we emailed Vic SMP twice yesterday advising them that Vetassess were completely incompetent and that our skills assessment was positive. We sent them an email from Vetassess to this effect.

So we kept Vic SMP on their toes and I think all our emails helped us greatly given that Vic sent us our approval at 9.30am (Oz time) so they must have had the approval form reading and waiting to send out once they received the actual positive skills assessmment form. Thus, greatly helping us getting our 176 visa submitted prior to the deadline.

Vic SMP's email woke us up at 12.30am (UK time) coming through on our Blackberry and what a wake up call!!!!!!!:jiggy::smile:

Word of warning to all Vetassess General Professional applicants- do not expect them to send you a scanned copy of the positive outcome letter. Have a fax machine at the ready!!!!!!

DIAC Reference number sent to Vic this morning.

A point to note- you only have four months post Vic SMP approval to provide them with your DIAC TRN so this suggests that you need to have everything ready to submit to DIAC within a short space of time before SS expires i.e. if you need to get IELTs now on the basis of the new system and have recently been granted SS, you need to get on the case pronto! We are lucky we got in under old system as we might not have made this four month timescale.

Guest Baazighar

Hi Smiley, did you get the mail from DIAC after submitting the online application?

Guys,

I did not get any mail, but I am able to login with the TRN to check the status, checklist, fee receipt etc. Do I need to worry? I applied on 29th Jun.

Thanks

Hi Smiley, did you get the mail from DIAC after submitting the online application?

Guys,

I did not get any mail, but I am able to login with the TRN to check the status, checklist, fee receipt etc. Do I need to worry? I applied on 29th Jun.

Thanks

It takes a while for receiving the automated email (in my case 2 days), just relax!

armandra!

Archived