new VIC SMP - where are you now

Guest Mongobear

Guest juzzy
Hello Juzzy,

I am also applying general accountant, I am a CA. Also got 9 for IELTS, so we are both in the same boat.

How many years of experience do you have?

Well lets hope we hear soon! I have 6 years experience in management accounts and Finance manager although I actually didnt bother to get my qualification (CIMA) until December which may let me down although i have a degree in economics so hopefully they will take that into consideration..

How about you?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JoeyCT
Well lets hope we hear soon! I have 6 years experience in management accounts and Finance manager although I actually didnt bother to get my qualification (CIMA) until December which may let me down although i have a degree in economics so hopefully they will take that into consideration..

How about you?

I qualified as CA in early 2008, and also have 6.5 years of experience in total. 4 in audit and the rest in financial management.

I check my inbox every morning...

Guest smiley
Hi,

Please turn me blue... I finally got SS today... had sent my skill assessment last Wednesday...

Regards,

Firefly

congrats - u must be delighted! what a relief im sure!

Guest JoeyCT
We have also been rejected. I guess they don't need accountants.

I am so sorry to hear that you were not accepted as well. Yes, I think that the quota was full. What is your back-up plan?

Guest HighPeakJulie
I am so sorry to hear that you were not accepted as well. Yes, I think that the quota was full. What is your back-up plan?

We are going to look into sponsorship from another state although I am worried about rejection again and if having already applied to a different state will count against us.

At least we can apply for a 175 after July 1st. Does anyone know how long the processing time is - as the 176 seem to be very quick?

Guest Mongobear
We were rejected :sad: Lack of demand...

Hey Joey and Julie,

sorry for your rejections. It really seems the quota for accountants is full (actually we had just one successful acc-application out of ~120). Will you both have enough points for a 175er application or will you be able to apply under the new points-system?

Uli

Guest HighPeakJulie
Hey Joey and Julie,

sorry for your rejections. It really seems the quota for accountants is full (actually we had just one successful acc-application out of ~120). Will you both have enough points for a 175er application or will you be able to apply under the new points-system?

Uli

Hi,

We currently don't have enough for 175 but will after 1st July (as we are old (38) and experienced!!!!)

Guest Mongobear
We are going to look into sponsorship from another state although I am worried about rejection again and if having already applied to a different state will count against us.

At least we can apply for a 175 after July 1st. Does anyone know how long the processing time is - as the 176 seem to be very quick?

Hey Julie,

good to see that there are alternatives in the pipeline. Given the current processing speed I'd expect a 175 to be finished within 12 months from the date of application. 176 is 3 months at the moment and there's just 2500 of those applications in the pipeline.

Good luck

Uli

Guest JoeyCT
Hey Joey and Julie,

Uli

Hi Uli,

Thank you for your kind message.

Do you know if NSW is accepting accountants at the moment?

Joey

Guest Fate will decide

Hello,

Please turn us blue, ACS received yesterday and Victoria confirmed SS this morning! One of the positives of having a newborn baby is reading good news emails at 3am! :)

Guest Mongobear
Hello,

Please turn us blue, ACS received yesterday and Victoria confirmed SS this morning! One of the positives of having a newborn baby is reading good news emails at 3am! :)

Hey Fate,

congrats on the grant and of course all the best for the newborn. My son's 2 1/2 and people told me everything gets better when they turn 25 :wink:

Cheers

Uli

Guest Mongobear
Uli,

Finally, turn me Victorian Blueeeeeeeee! :)

armandra!

This is the post I was waiting for so long! Great !!!!! I will proudly switch you from semi- to complete blue.

I know what this sponsorship means to you so it's an extraordinary pleasure for me to turn you blue. Well done mate, well done !! :wubclub::wubclub:

:hug:

Uli

Uli,

armandra!

Armandra, I've just noticed your post on cat2 thread and rushed here to make sure it's true. Really happy for you. Congratulations :jiggy: you have made it. I didn't have doubt you'll do. But I'm glad you received it before July.

You definitely have to party this weekend :jiggy: celebrate it to the fullest :wubclub:

This is the post I was waiting for so long! Great !!!!! I will proudly switch you from semi- to complete blue.

I know what this sponsorship means to you so it's an extraordinary pleasure for me to turn you blue. Well done mate, well done !! :wubclub::wubclub:

:hug:

Uli

Yep Uli, it feels really really good (and honoured) to turn Blue and make my way to Connie's thread! Thanks for the kind words!! :)

P.S: I've got a feeling of deja vu having celebrated the partial success already he he:wink:

armandra!

Armandra, I've just noticed your post on cat2 thread and rushed here to make sure it's true. Really happy for you. Congratulations :jiggy: you have made it. I didn't have doubt you'll do. But I'm glad you received it before July.

You definitely have to party this weekend :jiggy: celebrate it to the fullest :wubclub:

Thanks Oz (deliberately left "or Not to Oz" out to keep it positive)!! :hug:

armandra!

Guest smiley
Uli,

armandra!

Congrats - that is great news :smile:

Uli,

armandra!

Yeah baby.........rock and roll my friend, rock and roll. 'Blue moon, you saw me standing alone, without dream in my heart, without a love of my own....' 'Bluuuuue moooooon'

Yeeeeeeehaaaaa

Hugs yoyo

Thanks Oz (deliberately left "or Not to Oz" out to keep it positive)!! :hug:

armandra!

Haha.. I created this account to join this amazing thread. And I never imagined that ill receive the SS, so I gave a really doubting name to myself. I was not so optimistic :eek: I actually tried to change the nickname after I have received ss from VIC. But I couldn't :confused: and i am stuck with it :arghh:

Keep positive Armandra, exactly as you already did. You are a true Victorian. And we all proud of you. Again, I'm really happy for you. :hug: well done :wubclub:

Guest la la
Uli,

armandra!

Whoop whoop!!

The time has come and it's so true, congrats Armandra on the brill colour blue :cool:.

I am so chuffed for you and look forward to a coffee in St Kilda (even if I am there as a tourist!)

Congrats, congrats, congrats

La :hug:

p.s please still keep everything crossed next week for me :wink:

Guest Baazighar
Uli,

armandra!

Congratulations Armandra! Good luck with your 176 :)

Archived