457 timelines?

redrobbersdog

from other people's posts on here they seem to be taking anything from a few days to a few weeks, nothing like the 3 months quoted on the DIAC website!

CoyneFamily - my employer submitted sponsorship and nomination on 17th sept they were asked to submited adittional information on 25th of october... hoping they'll get the go ahead before xmas!!

are u going to apply for the 457 before they get the sponsorhip approved? i'm humming and hawing about whether to submit before they get the go ahead!

I applied as soon as my employer sent through the TRN! I didn't want to wait any longer!!

TIMELINE SO FAR:

20 Oct - Job Offer

29 Oct - Employer applied for Sponsorship approval

2 Nov - Employer applied for Nomination approval

8 Nov - I submitted 457 application (frontloaded with docs)

12 Nov - Employer Sponsorship approved

I hate the waiting part!!

my sponsor did his application on paper so i don't have a TRN, he has a sponsorship request id though!

does this mean i have to submit mine on paper too?? :shocked:

Hi there and thanks for the information. The 457 process seems quite quick then? Can I ask, when you referred to the documents front loaded, what were they?

I have been offered a job and just received the following email:

Scanned copy of passport - including all stamps and visas, for all applicants

Copy of up to date CV

The visa approval for the current WHV

Minimum 2 written employment references

Evidence of health insurance – this can also include a Medicare card

Evidence of qualification and transcripts

A recent photo (preferably passport style)

Proof of relationship – bank statement showing joint account, copy of lease documents showing both names, wedding invites or Christmas cards addressed to both etc

Do I need anything else?

Many thanks

Hi there and thanks for the information. The 457 process seems quite quick then? Can I ask, when you referred to the documents front loaded, what were they?

I have been offered a job and just received the following email:

Scanned copy of passport - including all stamps and visas, for all applicants

Copy of up to date CV

The visa approval for the current WHV

Minimum 2 written employment references

Evidence of health insurance – this can also include a Medicare card

Evidence of qualification and transcripts

A recent photo (preferably passport style)

Proof of relationship – bank statement showing joint account, copy of lease documents showing both names, wedding invites or Christmas cards addressed to both etc

Do I need anything else?

Many thanks

Hi there

I admit I went to town on this and loaded everything I could think of:

- passport bio page

- birth certificate

- degree cert & transcript

- other certificates I had

- CV

- references

- job description from previous employer

- payslips

- offer letter & contract from new employer

- letter from HBA confirming medical insurance

I got an agent to check over my application and that I'd included everything that was needed - he seemed to think it was all fine.

Does this help at all:

Temporary Business (Long Stay) - Standard Business Sponsorship (Subclass 457)

Just had a quick look at the electronic application. It says you need either the Nomination Saved Application ID, the Nomination Application TRN or the Nomination Approval number.

Do you have any of these yet?

no i don't... i only have the "Sponsorship Request ID" and the "Client ID".... crud! :arghh:

looks like i'll either have to post it or wait till the nomination is accepted... that sucks! :sad:

no i don't... i only have the "Sponsorship Request ID" and the "Client ID".... crud! :arghh:

looks like i'll either have to post it or wait till the nomination is accepted... that sucks! :sad:

Have they had any acknowledgment of the Nomination application as yet? Maybe that would be what you'd be waiting for.

Tough call - I don't know what I'd do (sorry, I know that doesn't help!). To be honest, I think I'd be inclined to pull the paper one together now and get everything ready and if, by that point you have one of the required numbers for the electronic visa, then you can just copy it over. It does say that online applications get priority but I don't know how much!

Have your employers had any contact yet from DIAC regarding the sponsorship? That might give you some kind of indication to timing.

yeah they have been asked for further information with regard to the sponsorship, they have 28 days to reply so that'll be next monday... it's so difficult to tell how long things will take! :-/

I figure coz they submitted paper forms they won't have or get a Nomination Saved Application ID

OR Nomination Application Transaction Reference Number (TRN)

so i'll have to wait for them to get the Nomination Approval Number.... [cue more waiting]

from other people's posts on here they seem to be taking anything from a few days to a few weeks, nothing like the 3 months quoted on the DIAC website!

CoyneFamily - my employer submitted sponsorship and nomination on 17th sept they were asked to submited adittional information on 25th of october... hoping they'll get the go ahead before xmas!!

are u going to apply for the 457 before they get the sponsorship approved? I'm humming and hawing about whether to submit before they get the go ahead!

Hi i will probably apply as soon as the employer submits his application that is if he is approved to sponsor (fingers crossed)

I cant imagine the visa would be granted before Christmas as it would have to go to the paramatta center of excellence, as far as i can gather that center is very busy, even if the visa was granted, my oh will have to go first and sit his electrical licence exam, that takes 6 weeks to come through so he will travel back to Ireland and work his notice.

Does your employer have a confirmation e mail from the department maybe that will have some sort of TRN number you can use, their must be some way of attaching your application to his.

Exciting weeks ahead for us all.

Maria.

I have the sponsorship request ID but that doesn't appear to be usable on the website! I'll be sending to the Melbourne Centre which doesn't seem too busy at the moment!

So I could post it now and sit back and wait or wait for the nomination approval and then submit online!

oh it's all very confusing!

Thanks for all the replies. The employer is already a registered sponsor, and I have noticed on their website that the job has gone on there. An agency is dealing with everything and they are not very forthcoming. They have said they are just waiting for a couple of documents from the employer then they will be submitting my application. Once this is done I will try and get the numbers so that I can check where it's all up to.

The employer wants hubby to start middle of Jan, and we are going out on 23rd Dec to spend Xmas out there and although myself and my daughter will have to come back on 14th Jan to sort things out in the UK (sell the house! :cry:) we are hoping that hubby only needs a one way ticket. Fingers crossed it's sorted out by then. Thanks again everyone I will keep you posted once I hear some timelines.

Dawn

Hey guys

My 457 was lodged beginning of October, I am just waiting now for it all to be authorised. They don't seem to rush about and yes the waiting with anticipation is the hardest part.. All up it has taken from March 2010 to get this far. Fingers crossed all goes through before Xmas; Patience is our middle names! Good luck to all :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived