Sunshine Coast expat barbeque - 28th November

sgperry

hey everyone,

the last one was really enjoyable so we thought we'd do it again, but this time at Maroochydore River.

Come along and bring whatever you'd like to barbeque. We will be there from 10am, Sunday 28th November - look for us at a barbeque or picnic hut on the river next to The Esplanade. We will put an Aussie flag on the table so you can find us.

The esplanade, Maroochydore Queensland, Australia - Google Maps

looking forward to it, and we will probably try to make this a regular event on the last Sunday of every month (or so).

cheers sg

hey everyone,

the last one was really enjoyable so we thought we'd do it again, but this time at Maroochydore River.

Come along and bring whatever you'd like to barbeque. We will be there from 10am, Sunday 28th November - look for us at a barbeque or picnic hut on the river next to The Esplanade. We will put an Aussie flag on the table so you can find us.

The esplanade, Maroochydore Queensland, Australia - Google Maps

looking forward to it, and we will probably try to make this a regular event on the last Sunday of every month (or so).

cheers sg

Hi there

We don't arrive until Feb 2011, but will definately come if you make it a regular event like you say!!! :biggrin:

Guest pablofet1

Sound like a great idea we would love to come and join you. Hubbie is a londoner too.

Feel free to PM me

Melanie:biggrin:

for those on the Sunshine Coast who maybe don't know many folks, are just settling in and would like to meet other expats.

Also for those who know loads of people but would like to meet more, and share their experiences of settling in on the coast.

Sunday 28th Nov, barbeque by the river at Maroochydore, from 10am ish

hi folks,

just a reminder about the Sunshine Coast ex pat barbeque next Sunday (28th).

should be fun, come along - if you don't know anyone yet, you will afterwards :-)

cheers sg

Hi Sue

Just to confirm we'll be there on Sunday and looking forward to catching up with you.

Emma, Antony, Catherine and Elizabeth

hi Nicki,

basically, whatever you'd like to eat and drink. We took half a dozen eggs, some bacon, a couple of bread rolls and a bottle of water with us. Also some fruit. Others brought some breakfast sausages, eggs and tomatoes to barbeque. And if you don't want to eat anything, just come along anyway.

I will bring along the barbeque tools, some spare plates, cups, sauces etc and a big flask of water.

We will have the barbeque then go for a nice walk along the Maroochy River and around Cotton tree, I think. Spoke with another family yesterday who will be coming along - two teenage girls as well. So maybe kids for your kids to meet?

Watch out for the Aussie flag on the table, that will be us. Failing that, pm for my mobile no for if you can't find us.

looking forward to meeting you on Sunday, I think there will be a few more of us this time, cheers sg

Guest Mrs PuffPuff

Hey guys,

My partner and I would love to come, but I dont finish work until half one so may simply pop by once ive had a shower and got changed. Hopefully you wont be off on your walk then!!

Were both in our 30's and we arrived in Mooloolaba just over three months ago. Im a nurse working at Nambour hospital and my partner is a builder.

Is it the BBQ area at Cotton tree area? Carn't wait to meet you all then xx

Ange and Matt

Hey guys,

My partner and I would love to come, but I dont finish work until half one so may simply pop by once ive had a shower and got changed. Hopefully you wont be off on your walk then!!

Were both in our 30's and we arrived in Mooloolaba just over three months ago. Im a nurse working at Nambour hospital and my partner is a builder.

Is it the BBQ area at Cotton tree area? Carn't wait to meet you all then xx

Ange and Matt

hi Ange and Matt,

that will be fine. If we've set off on our walk by then, we won't be far away.

The plan is to walk along the river after we've eaten, so we probably won't set off until around 12.00 or so. By the time you are ready to join us, we will probably be somewhere around Cotton Tree, I suppose.

Though I'm thinking of taking the cricket bat so who knows, we might still be at Maroochy playing park cricket :wink:

see you on Sunday, it is shaping up to be a good day with lots of people seeming keen to come along. The more the merrier I say!

regards sg (Sue)

hi everyone,

just to confirm the barbeque is on today, from around 10am. We did a quick reccie yesterday and there is an undercover picnic area on The Esplanade, Maroochydore near to the junction with Second Avenue. We will aim for that area, as there are also barbeques. I think it is also near a kid's playground area.

Watch out for the Aussie flag and if anyone gets lost, pm me for my mobile

cheers sg

Archived