Is this some migration fraud...Help please

Sydneytina

I need some help. Some agent is promising a work sponsored visa for my brother. He has sent a visa to us and says we are going to get a similar one.

The visa is class TE Temporary Tourist

Sub class 456

Conditions MIG. REGS.SCHED.8

8111 work permited

8201 Max 2 years

8456 Apply to ministry affairs

It aslo says holder permitted to work remain in Australia for two years from date of arrival.

Can someone please explain me the conditions in the visa. As far as I know work sponsored visa is 457. What category of visa is 456? On immi website I found 456 is short stay business visitor visa but it is just for 3 months and it is not a work visa. I am confused. I think we are about to fall in some migration fraud trap. Please help.

Guest Laura G

Hi

The conditions that you mention are not correct

456 is a visa that would be granted to someone who is considering business interests in Australia and needs to do some research

It has a no work condition 8112 on this visa and you are usually only allowed to stay for visits of up to 3 months at anytime during the life of the visa.

I need some help. Some agent is promising a work sponsored visa for my brother. He has sent a visa to us and says we are going to get a similar one.

Sub class 456

8111 work permited

8201 Max 2 years

It aslo says holder permitted to work remain in Australia for two years from date of arrival.

Can someone please explain me the conditions in the visa. As far as I know work sponsored visa is 457. What category of visa is 456? On immi website I found 456 is short stay business visitor visa but it is just for 3 months and it is not a work visa. I am confused. I think we are about to fall in some migration fraud trap. Please help.

Seems a bit strange.

· A subclass 456 is a class UC not TE;

· A class TE is a subclass 411/416/420/421/423/428;

· Subclass 456 visas have condition 8112 not 8111 imposed;

· They can be granted for 2 years multiple entry but each stay can be no longer than 3 months;

· Condition 8201 has nothing to do with 2 years;

· Condition 8456 does not exist;

The information you found on a 456 visa is correct.

Guest anthony1
Thanks Laura and ABA for your reply. Even I found it strange and was confused. I am attaching a copy of the visa that was sent to us by the agent stating that we'll get a similar one. Please give your input though it seems a fraud to me.

This does'nt seems to be the kind it usually is ... but still who knows.

Why dont you try putting in your brother's personal details in VEVO and check if he actually got any Visa or not ? I am not sure if it works for Temporary Visa or not it certainly do with PR visas.

Best of luck.

Sub class 456

8111 work permited

8201 Max 2 years

Report the agent to the DIAC, or if the agent is registered (most unlikely) report to the OMARA.

Guest Laura G

Hi,

I work in a Migration Office, that visa label looks very wrong

Wrong background colour, wrong font

I would say it is a fake document

Archived