Category 2's - Where are you now?

GGx0x0

I know it's crazy. Have they doubled their workforce or something? Makes you wonder why they were not this quick with the Cat3 thread, some weeks they were, others they seemed to be on a bit of a go-slow.

Perhaps they are working on commission now for christmas!:biggrin:

There just simply aren't that many to process, ACT is probably going to be even quicker despite the length of their list... The financial and english requirements are very strict and also a lot of the 'sponsored' vocations on their list require the applicant to be already working in those professions in ACT. If they can clear the backlog of Cat 2's for the other states at this rate too then all Cat2's will have a CO by christmas - providing the other states have their SMP's signed off

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There just simply aren't that many to process, ACT is probably going to be even quicker despite the length of their list... The financial and english requirements are very strict and also a lot of the 'sponsored' vocations on their list require the applicant to be already working in those professions in ACT. If they can clear the backlog of Cat 2's for the other states at this rate too then all Cat2's will have a CO by christmas - providing the other states have their SMP's signed off

I know that ACT have about 700 sponsored applicants at the moment who have lodged their visa. Does anyone know how many VIC have?

As soon as WA & SA come on board in the coming weeks it may slow this down a little.

Guest OZguy1980

Name: OZGuy1980

Date of Visa application: 07 February 2010

Nationality: Pakistani

High/Low Risk: High Risk

Trade/profession: Software Engineer

Visa type: 176

Which State Sponsored: ACT

Date of State sponsored Applications Approval: 16 Nov 2009

Date of SMP Granted: 08 Nov 2010

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-November 2010 Category: 3

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Guest perfectstranger

Rang DIAC Adelaide today, the lady on the phone suggested that I keep an eye on the aspc.processing email info next week for ACT allocations, they haven't started processing ACT yet.

Well we can finally join the list now - we just lodged this morning!!

Name:Surhythms

Date of Visa application: 10/11/2010

Nationality: Irish

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession:Systems Manager

Date of SMP Applications: March 2010

Date of SMP Granted: June 2010

Onshore/offshore: offshore

Pre-November 2010 Category:

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date visa granted:

Well we can finally join the list now - we just lodged this morning!!

Name:Surhythms

Date of Visa application: 10/11/2010

Nationality: Irish

Trade/profession:Systems Manager

Date of SMP Applications: March 2010

Date of SMP Granted: June 2010

Onshore/offshore: offshore

Pre-November 2010 Category:

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date visa granted:

Hooray at long last.

CONGRATULATIONS NOODLE!! you are now PINK :jiggy:

Name:Noodle

Date of Visa application:04/11/09

Nationality:British

High/Low Risk:Low

Trade/profession:Motor Mechanic

Visa type:176

Which State Sponsored:Victoria

Date of SMP Applications: July 09

Date of SMP Granted:(Old SS) - August 09

Onshore/offshore:offshore

Pre-November 2010 Category: None

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned: 10 November 2010

Date visa granted:

Regards

Connie

:hug:

Guest VickyMel
I know that ACT have about 700 sponsored applicants at the moment who have lodged their visa. Does anyone know how many VIC have?

As soon as WA & SA come on board in the coming weeks it may slow this down a little.

ACT have 700 - but remember that is only about 450 applications I think they said as the quota seems to include the applicant and their dependants

So maybe that is one reason if there is only something like 450 actual applications

*** See below I got the number wrong ***

I thought I read somewhere that DIAC processed something like 300 a week - may be totally wrong about that though.

VIC had a quota of 4500 - and appear to be granting SS still so cannot have reached their quota yet.

Vicky

ACT have 700 - but remember that is only about 450 applications I think they said as the quota seems to include the applicant and their dependants

So maybe that is one reason if there is only something like 450 actual applications

Your a little off on this one Vicky, they actually have something like 1600 places, which turn out to be around 700 applicants + dependents. :biggrin:

Hi all,

im sorry if this has been asked / answered.... we got co end of oct. been away since so only just realised we are on vic smp which we got back in march, so i'm guessing we are now cat 2 and our sponsorship is valid even though it was given before the new list?

just curious as i am 6 months pregnant, co has recommended we go on hold till baby born so can all do meds and add baby to visa. waiting again freaks me out so just wanting to know more things are in our favour now, sol, smp etc and unlikely to change between now and march. x

Sophie

Guest VickyMel
Your a little off on this one Vicky, they actually have something like 1600 places, which turn out to be around 700 applicants + dependents. :biggrin:

Thanks for the correction Mat - that is better news for ACT folks

:biggrin:

Hi all,

im sorry if this has been asked / answered.... we got co end of oct. been away since so only just realised we are on vic smp which we got back in march, so i'm guessing we are now cat 2 and our sponsorship is valid even though it was given before the new list?

just curious as i am 6 months pregnant, co has recommended we go on hold till baby born so can all do meds and add baby to visa. waiting again freaks me out so just wanting to know more things are in our favour now, sol, smp etc and unlikely to change between now and march. x

Sophie

Hi Sophie. Thanks for posting the info about going on hold til baby born. I am in the same position (well sort of, we don't have CO yet) as am 6.5 months pregnant and now Cat2 sponsored by ACT. I have a feeling we will be getting a CO before the year is out and our baby not due til end Jan. :eek:

Guest seban123
Hi all,

Sophie

Hi Sophie,

Take good care..

Yes you are on cat2 now.

The only risk i could see is that by the time you upload your medicals(March 2011) the VIC quota of 4500 might've been reached. This will potentially push you off to July 2011 so that you will be granted under next financial year quota. Further if VIC decides to remove the skill from the SMP list there is further risk which may result in unallocation of the CO.

Were you able to check with the CO on this?

Just had a look online at "check your application" (Diac website), and it says "MET" at all my forms, but the secondary applicant it still says required. anyone els who has the same? We did send in all the paperwork for him too (like passport copy and things like that).

Guest bilaln30
Just had a look online at "check your application" (Diac website), and it says "MET" at all my forms, but the secondary applicant it still says required. anyone els who has the same? We did send in all the paperwork for him too (like passport copy and things like that).

Congratulations! This means u would get Visa soon. Your documents are all met. Sometimes DIAC doesn't update all other applicants included in your application.

applied vic sponsorship march 2010

received sponsorship 18 oct 2010

applied 176 23 oct 2010

co assigned 10 nov 2010

I'm almost identical to this, I applied on 22 Oct 2010 with VIC SS. How do you work out if there's a CO assigned? It's not obvious from the immi.gov tracking site.

I'm almost identical to this, I applied on 22 Oct 2010 with VIC SS. How do you work out if there's a CO assigned? It's not obvious from the immi.gov tracking site.

Hi

I got a requet for police checks and medicals- In the correspondence it states the name of the case officer who is dealing with our visa

Oh my god-got request for police check and meds to day from CO.

LESS THAN 3 WEEKS AFTER APLLICATION!!

Moving very fast.

Hello Paddygunner

First of all CONGRATULATIONS on getting a CO today.:jiggy:

I noticed that you have not added your details to the front page yet. If you would like me to add you please let me have the relevant information and I will add your details.

Regards

Connie

Hello Paddygunner

First of all CONGRATULATIONS on getting a CO today.:jiggy:

I noticed that you have not added your details to the front page yet. If you would like me to add you please let me have the relevant information and I will add your details.

Regards

Connie

Hi Connie

My details are on first page under October 2010

THanks

Paddy

Guest Cooke Girl

Name: Cooke Girl

Date of Visa application: 30.10.09

Nationality: British