Category 2's - Where are you now?

GGx0x0

That was a truly stressful day, i really did think though that we had at least a 12 - 18 month wait ahead before getting a CO.

2011 is going to be a good and very very busy year!! Have to get the house sold now which may not be as easy as we would hope but we'll see.

I remember that day too... but now here comes your reward ! :biggrin:

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Wannabeoz

Thanks for all the congratulations and congratulations to everyone else who got a CO!

I think someone asked my timeline - I got my SS in August 09, and then applied for my visa the same month...

Guest mikka711

Hi Connie

May we join the pink party?:laugh:

Have been out the loop abit on PIO having been banished to Cat4, but after being bumped up to Cat2 we have a CO as of today!!! Have sent you our time line.

Good luck everyone - with or without a CO - on the visa rollercoster ride:v_SPIN:

Hi Connie

May we join the pink party?:laugh:

Have been out the loop abit on PIO having been banished to Cat4, but after being bumped up to Cat2 we have a CO as of today!!! Have sent you our time line.

Good luck everyone - with or without a CO - on the visa rollercoster ride:v_SPIN:

Congrats on your CO too. Welcome to Cat 2.:biggrin:

Guest mikka711

cutie, claireg, clickett and wannab congrats on your CO's !!!! So excited/nervous to get to this stage, OH and I are still in a bit of a daze - we'd almost lost hope of getting a sniff of a decent category again after 23/09, let alone a CO:swoon:

Still onwards and upwards, meds to be booked etc...:v_SPIN:

CONGRATULATIONS MIKKA711 on getting a CO.:jiggy:

Welcome to the thread. I have added you to the front page and turned you pink.:biggrin:

Name: mikka711

Date of Visa application: 04 Sept 09

Nationality: British

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: OH a journalist

Visa type:176

Which State Sponsored:ACT

Date of SMP Applications: june 09

Date of SMP Granted: 28 Aug 09 (old SS granted)

Onshore/offshore:Off

Pre-November 2010 Category: 4 (yuck)

Medicals submitted: -

Police check submitted: -

Date CO assigned: 15 November 2010

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Regards

Connie

:hug:

CONGRATULATIONS YURY on getting a CO!!:jiggy:

Welcome to the thread. I have added your details to the front page and turned you PINK.

Name: Yury

Date of Visa application: 14 Apr 2010

Nationality:

High/Low Risk: High

Trade/profession: Physicist

Visa type: 176

Which State Sponsored: VIC

Date of SMP Applications: 17 March 2010

Date of SMP Granted: 14 Apr 2010 (then SS)

Onshore/offshore: offshore

Pre-November 2010 Category: Cat 4

Medicals submitted: N

Police check submitted: N

Date CO assigned: 12 Nov 2010

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Regards

Connie

:hug:

:arghh: Called DIAC just now, and they said I haven't been assigned a CO yet, despite being ACT SS, and application date of March 09. So much for processing based on date of application. Ughh.

Hi Matt

You are not alone - we havent been assigned a case officer either - granted we only lodged our 176 last week so that may be why.

Congrats to everyone who has been assigned - at least they are moving forward. We just moved house this week so we have been really busy - at least it is one less thing to have to do before we leave :biggrin:

Cheers

Suzanne

Guest rachbarlow

Just a though................... maybe the DIAC are processing the 'really really desparate skills'. They never make any sence but if they are not appearing to be doing it in date order????

Maybe everyone who gets transfered into cat 2, and then prioritised in that cat according to their skill. Surely their system will pick that up easy. Remember going back to those lists ages ago where they had top, priority, and what ever else it was......... maybe they are prioritising according to that list? Mind you they are a rule unto themselves so will do it the way they want! Just a thought..........................the speculation continues...................

The processing at the moment is a joke really. Mat jones has been waiting fir the same length of time as me(20months) he should be one of the first to get a co. It's gonna be interesting when WA release their list and see the allocation there.

Guest smithys
I will go now as I am not in cat 2...........:cry:

Ha ha!!

I always feel like I'm trespassing too!!

Just wishing all good luck and to add too that I am baffled by the random allocation of CO's. It's lovely for those that have received them but there is a sense of injustice to those that have been waiting well over a year and much more.

Hopefully see you all one day when SA decide to join the party??!!! Keep your fingers crossed.

Rose x

Guest Sebbers

Just wishing all good luck and to add too that I am baffled by the random allocation of CO's. It's lovely for those that have received them but there is a sense of injustice to those that have been waiting well over a year and much more.

I remember feeling exactly the same seeing people having their visas granted that applied after us when they announced they were going to finalise those apps that already had co's prior to 23/9, however, we did get there in the end

Guest rachbarlow

I agree mat jones should have a CO, I feel for him, and others in the same position! It is ridiculous that you have to wait that long at all when there are some who have been in the process for a short time and had no hicups, and have a CO!

My main worry is when WA and the rest get their behinds in gear and release the SMP's cat 2 will get flooded! They better be hiring more CO's to cope! Maybe that is why the states are not releasing at the same time? Get a good batch of VIC, and ACT through..............then WA hopefully!!! Then the other states will follow staggered? Rather than one huge pile of people at once?

I do feel like I am trespassing but hopefully one day soon I will be one of you!

Guest mikka711
:arghh: Called DIAC just now, and they said I haven't been assigned a CO yet, despite being ACT SS, and application date of March 09. So much for processing based on date of application. Ughh.

It's the randomness of the whole visa thing that we've found really tough - even though we've learnt the words DIAC and logic don't go together, it's still a surprise to see a couple of folks with COs after just three weeks whilst others have been waiting years:eek:... anyways hope you get your CO real soon matjones, best of luck fella:v_SPIN:

Guest mikka711
My application date is Oct 09 and i am also few of those who havent got CO :( .... I am happy for those who got CO and there files are in process but i m sick and tired of the same message on my E-Business System i..e. Application Fee Received, Processing Commenced ...... Want a CO nowwwww

hang on in there musmanasghar Canberra is a-coming:yes:- fingers crossed for your CO any day now hopefully:v_SPIN:

Archived