Category 2's - Where are you now?

GGx0x0

Hi Connie

Now I m one proud member of CAT-2 group now ... got confirmation from ACT today ... please find below my details.

Name: MUSMANASGHAR

Date of Visa application:03/10/2009

High/Low Risk: High

Trade/profession:System Manager (2231-11)

Visa type:176

Which State Sponsored:ACT

Date of SMP Granted:(Old SS) - 09/09/2009

Onshore/offshore:offshore

Pre-November 2010 Category: 4

Medicals submitted: N/A

Police check submitted: No

Date CO assigned: Waiting........

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Good luck to all

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As you know language requirement for some application has raised in ACT list,

What happens if someone who has obtained SS and his or her occupation is on SMP list but does not satisfy new English requirements ?

Did any body have this situation ?

Regards

As you know language requirement for some application has raised in ACT list,

What happens if someone who has obtained SS and his or her occupation is on SMP list but does not satisfy new English requirements ?

Did any body this situation ?

Regards

Hi REZA

IMO these new requirements will impose on new applicants .. those who have already got SS will not be effected ... ACT has already confirmed its Sponsored applicants by sending them confirmation email .... i am also one of those fortunate ones who received the Confirmation email email from ACT .... Confirmation email consist of Press release of SMP and SMP list

Cheers

Hi REZA

IMO these new requirements will impose on new applicants .. those who have already got SS will not be effected ... ACT has already confirmed its Sponsored applicants by sending them confirmation email .... i am also one of those fortunate ones who received the Confirmation email email from ACT .... Confirmation email consist of Press release of SMP and SMP list

Cheers

Thanks for your prompt reply,

Is your IELTS band score less than what is put for your occupation on new list ?

Regards

Please find below my IELTS score

L=8

R=8

W=6

S=7

Overall = 7.5

Thanks, seems your occupation needs 7 in each band in new list,

So they do not take IELTS in consideration

I feel much better after seeing this

Regards:hug::notworthy:

Guest VickyMel
I am just wondering why VIC have not contacted anyone to tell them they are on the SMP

We finally got reply - took a while but I expect they are inundated - but it said nothing personal re our application - so I am still rather nervous.

VickyMel

Guest bebac30

We got today usual email from Vic whether we got visa since they haven`t heard anything from us... we responded still nothing...

But we have a GREAT NEWS from DIAC today! CO sent an email!!!!

Our timeline is

Name: bebac30

Date of Visa application: 28.10.2009

Nationality: Serbia

High/Low Risk: High

Trade/profession: R&D Manager

Visa type: 176

Which State Sponsored: Victoria

Date of SMP Applications: aug 2009

Date of SMP Granted: okt 2009

Onshore/offshore: offshore

Pre-November 2010 Category: 4

Medicals submitted: 22/10/2010

Police check submitted: still no

Date CO assigned: 08.11.2010

Date visa granted:

Guest VickyMel
But we have a GREAT NEWS from DIAC today! CO sent an email!!!!

Big Congratulations Bebac great to see you get the CO :jiggy:

Can you ask your CO where mine is :wink:

VickyMel

Guest bebac30
Big Congratulations Bebac great to see you get the CO :jiggy:

Can you ask your CO where mine is :wink:

VickyMel

Of course! I am sending right now :)

Hi Connie

Yay please add us to Cat2 thread, we also got the ACT email this morning:

Name: claireg (OH is the main applicant)

Date of Visa application: 7th May 2010

Nationality: British

High/Low Risk: Low

Trade/profession: Applications & Analyst Programmer

Which State Sponsored: ACT

Date of SMP Applications: 22 March 2010

Date of SMP Granted: 15 July 2010

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-November 2010 Category: 3

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date visa granted:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks for starting this thread Connie and keeping the Cat3 thread going. Much appreciated.

Claire:jiggy:

Name: Cots (OH is the main applicant)

Date of Visa application: 15th October 2009

Nationality: British

High/Low Risk: Low

Trade/profession: Plumber

Which State Sponsored: VIC

Date of SMP Applications:

Date of SMP Granted: 15 July 2009

offshore: Offshore

Pre-November 2010 Category: 3

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date visa granted:

Today we have been requested to have medicals and police checks after lodging our application in October 2009.

We are currenly debating whether to go forward with them as we'd changed our minds about going months ago. I don't want to but DH does.

Guest fitz sher

Hi all. Heres my details. We applied for our visa last September 09 with vic ss. We stopped watching the changes because we were so frustrated with them but now things are starting to move thank god.

Name: Fitz Sher

Date of Visa application: 24/11/09

Nationality:Irish

High/Low Risk:Low

Trade/profession:Plumber

Visa type:176

Which State Sponsored:Victoria

Date of SMP Applications: Sep 09

Date of SMP Granted:Sep 09

Onshore/offshore:Offshore

Pre-November 2010 Category:3

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned: 08/11/10

Date visa granted:

We got confirmation from our agent today DIAC have advised that our file has been handed over to a CO.

Does anybody know what time line we are likely to have now. I've checked the DIAC website and it still has the same "Being Processed", so it hasn't been updated yet.

Does everyone think that DIAC will process the Cat 2's now in order that the visa's were lodged like they were doing with Cat3's.

This would be the fairest but they could have some occupations that are more in demand and put those one through first. Just a thought and I don't suppose anyone really knows yet. Time will tell I suppose.

Ta

Claire

Does everyone think that DIAC will process the Cat 2's now in order that the visa's were lodged like they were doing with Cat3's.

This would be the fairest but they could have some occupations that are more in demand and put those one through first. Just a thought and I don't suppose anyone really knows yet. Time will tell I suppose.

Ta

Claire

I don't think they will have the time to sort out the applications before processing as they have to complete 23,000 (I think) before 30th June 2010. They will just pick up as they are available and process them as quickly as they can.

I don't think they will have the time to sort out the applications before processing as they have to complete 23,000 (I think) before 30th June 2010. They will just pick up as they are available and process them as quickly as they can.

Their database will be able to identify date lodged order / Cat 2 status no problem i shouldn't think.

It's just that i saw an Oct 2009 get CO for cat2 when there are people who lodged late 2008 / early 2009 so it made me wonder.

Either way I want our CO end of January please :biggrin:

You guys are sooo lucky. I think the fairest and the most probable visa processing is in date of lodgement. There maybe a few that will slip through the net like before though!

I don't know whether they would do date of 1st lodgement or ss lodgement.

Their database will be able to identify date lodged order / Cat 2 status no problem i shouldn't think.

It's just that i saw an Oct 2009 get CO for cat2 when there are people who lodged late 2008 / early 2009 so it made me wonder.

Either way I want our CO end of January please :biggrin:

Probably... but since Alan Collett mentioned that two of his clients were already allocated COs and one of them was a 2010 applicant, it made me think that they are just picking up whatever they get.

You guys are sooo lucky. I think the fairest and the most probable visa processing is in date of lodgement. There maybe a few that will slip through the net like before though!

Yes definitely date of lodgement is the fairest way.

I think it would definiately be date of visa lodgement and not SS lodgement date. I am sure their system goes on lodgement date of visa's because the ASPC processing email always says apps lodged before xxxx date will get CO, etc.

Ta

claire

Guest VickyMel
Name: Cots (OH is the main applicant)

Today we have been requested to have medicals and police checks after lodging our application in October 2009.

We are currenly debating whether to go forward with them as we'd changed our minds about going months ago. I don't want to but DH does.

Hi Cots - nice to see you again.

Congrats on the CO - hard decision.

Vicky

Ta

Claire

Does not seem like it from the ones that are getting COs at the moment. But maybe (I hope) it is just related to the speed different teams are processing and contacting people?

Really feel for you Jodie - it must be hell still waiting :hug:

and here I am just worrying that loads of people seem to be hearing from COs yet not me... at least I am hopefully on the SMP

VickyMel

Probably... but since Alan Collett mentioned that two of his clients were already allocated COs and one of them was a 2010 applicant, it made me think that they are just picking up whatever they get.

I missed that. Oh well who knows what goes on in the mind of DIAC. Just glad we are Cat 2 now.:cool:

Hell! Yes I would say that that describes it! I was probably a few weeks off a CO and now well it feels like I'm being leapfogged because WA and DIAC haven't pulled their finger out yet. :(

Archived