Category 2's - Where are you now?

GGx0x0

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest soumya

All,

Finally t D day - I have the priviledge of being granted Australian VE-176:jimlad:

And all the best to others waiting - I hope you get your grants soon.

Cheers

Soumya

:wink::eek:

This is naseef from India.just wanna say a big HIIIIIIIIIIII to all of you guys out there.

I am a Toolmaker with 5 years of experience and looking to start my Immigration to OZ.Can any one of you help me out with the proceedings

Thanks

All,

Finally t D day - I have the priviledge of being granted Australian VE-176:jimlad:

And all the best to others waiting - I hope you get your grants soon.

Cheers

Soumya

:wink::eek:

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jiggy:

armandra!

I'll ring DIAC next week, hoping to find out whether my case has got a new CO and whether it is under internal/external checking.

I know two applicants whose cases were allocated to CO Mr A.C. Their grant letters were issued at the end of May, signed by another CO onbehalf of Mr A.C. That's why I guess he maybe on vacation. BTW, I received prompt replies from him in May.

Hi redprimrose..

Have you tried to ring DIAC? Got any good new regarding to your application? I want to ring them as well... but I am with an agent...

I think team 7 has a long queue for their applicants........................... :SLEEP:

Hi all,

Hope to give an update on mine.

We have applied for 4 applicants including me, my wife, son and daughter. Our medicals have been finalized from 30/6/2011 except my daughter's. On 8/7/2011, CO updated 3 of us medicals status from "requested" to "met". :embarrassed:

Wrote to HOC several times regarding my daughter's meds and on 13/7/2011 they replied that my daughter's med has been finaized and CO will process it. Now, 5 days passed, but still CO seems not have reviewed it. We have all "Met" in the online system, except my daughter's meds and checking every now and then to see it as "Met".

My CO is from team4. Hope it would not take long to hear the good news. :cool:

Thanks for every one who post updates regularly, which keeps many of us enlighten of the current processing timelines. :wink:

WA SS app10/2/2011>WA SS approved18/3/2011>Visa 176 lodged30/3/2011>CO allocated7/5/2011>Meds&PCC 26/5/2011>Meds finalized 30/06/2011(waiting for my daughter's meds)

Guest soumya
Hi all,

Hope to give an update on mine.

We have applied for 4 applicants including me, my wife, son and daughter. Our medicals have been finalized from 30/6/2011 except my daughter's. On 8/7/2011, CO updated 3 of us medicals status from "requested" to "met". :embarrassed:

Wrote to HOC several times regarding my daughter's meds and on 13/7/2011 they replied that my daughter's med has been finaized and CO will process it. Now, 5 days passed, but still CO seems not have reviewed it. We have all "Met" in the online system, except my daughter's meds and checking every now and then to see it as "Met".

My CO is from team4. Hope it would not take long to hear the good news. :cool:

Thanks for every one who post updates regularly, which keeps many of us enlighten of the current processing timelines. :wink:

WA SS app10/2/2011>WA SS approved18/3/2011>Visa 176 lodged30/3/2011>CO allocated7/5/2011>Meds&PCC 26/5/2011>Meds finalized 30/06/2011(waiting for my daughter's meds)

Hi brc,

you should be getting your grant very soon - sometimes COs dont update the online status to MET once all Meds have been finalized. Though the very good ones do so religiously (was fortunate to have such a CO).

Btw, are all your other documents / information finalized?

Soumya

Guest soumya
This is naseef from India.just wanna say a big HIIIIIIIIIIII to all of you guys out there.

I am a Toolmaker with 5 years of experience and looking to start my Immigration to OZ.Can any one of you help me out with the proceedings

Thanks

Hi naseef ,

For starters why don't you refer to http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/176/eligibility-applicant.htm

You can make a fair assessment of your chances post the new July 2011 rules.

-Soumya

Guest bowow2011
Hello,

I understand how difficult to wait. Waiting is really frustrating in this stage. But, I'm sure that the days left can be counted. Cheer up friend :wubclub:

Most probably, your CO sent your case for internal / external checking. I don't think that if the CO going on vacation, applicants will wait until their applications are processed :nah:. I can't believe DIAC will do so .A handover must be taking place if a CO is going on vacation.

As i understand (correct me if I'm mistaken), if the CO doesn't send the case for checking, then the grant can be issued next day. If the CO requires checking, it will take 1 to 4 months until the grant is issued. The CO doesn't inform the applicant when he/she sends the case to internal / external checking. However, some COs answer the applicant if an enquiry is sent. (depends on the CO)

I wish you get the grant very soon redprimerose.:notworthy:

Wish you all the best.:cute:

Hi where is this info from with regards to internal/external checks? Our med's have been finalised 19 days and not sure what to do ring DIAC or just wait ?? Thanks x

Hi where is this info from with regards to internal/external checks? Our med's have been finalised 19 days and not sure what to do ring DIAC or just wait ?? Thanks x

Hello Bowow,

Many applicants who experienced delay until the PR is issued have asked the CO for the reason of the delay. And they received answers that their case is under routine checking, internal checking or external checking. There are threads speaking about this subject. So, you can take a look on some of them to understand what kind of replies they get for their enquiries.

I give you this link as starter: http://australian-immegration.blogspot.com/2011/01/australian-immigration-internalexternal.html

The checking is performed by the Australian security intelligence Organization (ASIO). I tried to find a reference for this piece of information and I think the following DIAC page will give a proof. http://www.immi.gov.au/legislation/amendments/2005/051201/lc01122005.htm

Recently, ASIO staff no longer directly carry out security checks for the bulk of asylum seekers, which are instead now delegated to immigration officers. This article may give you an idea: http://m.smh.com.au/national/asio-delegates-security-checks-20110526-1f6id.html

What I'm quite not sure about, is whether everyone has to pass this checking. Some of our companions did receive their grant the next day they provided needed PCCs. So, I believe that not everyone goes through the checking. For your case and for the case of many others who didn't receive the grant yet, I don't see any other reason which can cause you any delay else than having your case under security assessment. You can send an enquiry to your CO and ask him/her about the status. At least, you may get an answer telling you whether you are under checking.

Wish you the best Bowow :cute:

Guest bowow2011

Hi Oz 4 sure thanks for your reply.

Do you know what is involved with the security checking I'm just baffled as to why ours may be is it totally at random ? All our online status is now set to met.

Thanks again for your help.

Hi Oz 4 sure thanks for your reply.

Do you know what is involved with the security checking I'm just baffled as to why ours may be is it totally at random ? All our online status is now set to met.

Thanks again for your help.

You are welcome Bowow. Actually, I didn't find a certain answer for that. But, I found a page speaking about ASIO and the Responsibility of the organization. So, I believe the following text may give us an idea.

"The Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO) is Australia's national security service, which is responsible for the protection of the country and its citizens from espionage, sabotage, acts of foreign interference, politically-motivated violence, attacks on the Australian defence system, and terrorism."

I believe the security checking will search for an involvement in any of these mentioned subjects.

This is the page on Wikipedia: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Security_Intelligence_Organisation

Hi brc,

you should be getting your grant very soon - sometimes COs dont update the online status to MET once all Meds have been finalized. Though the very good ones do so religiously (was fortunate to have such a CO).

Btw, are all your other documents / information finalized?

Soumya

Thanks Soumya,

Yes. All requirements shows "Met" except daughter's medicals, which still shows "Requested".

I am too hopefully waiting for the good news.

Guest seban123

From 2008 June, all i wanted was to be purple.. and in the end God said, 'Seban, be purple'...

Connie, please turn me purple..

Thanks a lot to the wonderful people here in Uli's thread, and Connie's threads and other useful threads in this forum..

We rock :)

From 2008 June, all i wanted was to be purple.. and in the end God said, 'Seban, be purple'...

Thanks a lot to the wonderful people here in Uli's thread, and Connie's threads and other useful threads in this forum..

Excellent news seban...congratulations and best of luck for your future life in Oz.

Could you possibly update my details to show that I had a case office some time around the 01st of July and my medicals were submitted on the 15th July. Case officer has requested some additional information which I have provided and we are expecting PCC's back at the end of the week/beginning of next week.

Cheers

Si

CONGRATULATIONS!!:jiggy:

Name: Seban123

Date of Visa application: April 2011

Nationality: India

High/Low Risk: HR

Trade/profession: Analyst Programmer

Visa type: 176

Which State Sponsored: VIC

Date of SS Application: Nov 2010

Date of SS Granted: Apr 2011

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned: 16 May 2011

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted: 18 July 2011

Name: Si T

Date of Visa application: 07th June 2011

Nationality: British

High/Low Risk: Low Risk

Trade/profession: Accountant

Visa type: 176

Which State Sponsored: WA

Date of SMP Applications: 24th March 2010

Date of SMP Granted: 21st July 2010

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-November 2010 Category:

Medicals submitted: 15 July 2011

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned: 1 July 2011

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Regards

Connie

:hug:

Guest soumya

congrats seban.

all t best for ur future life n hope to catch up with u in Mel

soumya

Guest bowow2011

Morning everybody just thought id let you know our visa WAS GRANTED this morning aaaarrrgggghhhh it's a crazy feeling I've cried and laughed lol, good luck to everybody waiting. Just wanted to say thankyou to everybody on here your support has been amazing and I've made some lovely friends xxxxx

Archived