George Lombard

This is the first indication from DIAC as to how the system will run:

Fact Sheet:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/statmig-fs.pdf

FAQs:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/statmig-faq.pdf

And these links will be valuable:

Contact details

Applicants who have not yet lodged a visa application and who want to obtain nomination from a state or territory government should contact that government directly. Applicants can contact the state and territory governments through the following websites.

Australian Capital Territory

See: Business and Industry Development - ACT Government Nomination Opportunities

New South Wales

See: Skilled Sponsored Migration: Business Migration: Industry & Investment NSW

Northern Territory

See: Business and Skilled Migration

Queensland

See: Skilled migration to Queensland, Australia

South Australia

See: Visa options :: Make The Move

Tasmania

See: Migrating to Tasmania : Tasmania - The life you've been looking for

Victoria

See: State Sponsorship - Live in Victoria

Western Australia

See: The Department of Training and Workforce Development - Skilled Migration Western Australia

Cheers,

George Lombard

Now one SMP is out is it likely that the cat 3s will stopped being processed?

I assume they would stop being processed once VIC let DIAC know which applicants they are assigning to this yrs SMP quota. I have no idea if this has been done yet, or is imminent.

Guest arun123

Applicants who have already applied for SS 176 Visa to DIAC before February 2010. And they have already got sponsorship and their occupation is on the SMP list for particular state. Will they be eligible for Priority processing ? DIAC website says this about it :-

Applications for permanent visas lodged before 1 July 2010

Applicants who applied for either a Skilled (Residence) or Skilled (Migrant) visa (subclasses 175, 176, 885 and 886) before 1 July 2010 are able to seek a nomination under a Plan and have their application assessed on the basis of having a state or territory nomination.

How to seek this nomination now ? I do not understand ?

Guest VickyMel
Now one SMP is out is it likely that the cat 3s will stopped being processed?

One of the agents said a little while ago that it was their understanding they would be.

I assume they would stop being processed once VIC let DIAC know which applicants they are assigning to this yrs SMP quota. I have no idea if this has been done yet, or is imminent.

I think VIC is only out due to the fact that they would have gone into caretaker mode and possibly not been able to publish this year if not on the 1st Nov.

That's what I was afraid of mat. I suppose it was wishful thinking!

I imagine with there bing a DIAC quota for both Cat2 and Cat3 that sooner or later they will start on the Cat 3s again.

Pure speculation but I wonder if they will get Cat 2s to run a couple of months earlier than the Cat 3s - e.g. when they have got to Cat2s that applied Feb 2009 - maybe they will then start Dec 2008 applicants - just so that they keep both running towards their quota.

If so it might mean Cat 3 stop for a while - but once Cat 2 up to date then there will be a steady flow again.

I really hope they continue all Cat 3 folks that have a CO - the last time when they stopped those applicants was out of order.

I'm sure the states are pushing like mad to get them out.

VickyMel

Guest VickyMel
I thought more states would of announced their plans today! Well I suppose we still have some time left!

Don't give up hope - maybe they will do like VIC and do it after work hours.

Maybe they do their web updates once everyone is logged off the computers in the office.

Yes when I'm on the school run again! Thank god for iPhones and 3g!

I'd be shocked if nothing else smp wise happened this week!

Guest dragsterwish
I thought more states would of announced their plans today! Well I suppose we still have some time left!

We certainly hope so too! :wink:

However, i recall someone posted that SA would not be releasing their SMP before December. It seems that SA is still working hard at their SMPs. The rest of the States seems to be more ready for release, i think. I was thinking that those States that have an interim SS list are not as ready for SMP release compared to those without. Alternatively, it may mean that their quota is still not being met and thus they want to open up the SS application asap, even though its an interim list.

States that have stopped all processing (e.g. WA) may already have a ready pool of SS holder that can meet their allocated quota of visas for the financial year. Thus, they may not be in a hurry to open up applications.

Then again, these are just pure assessment of mine....

Guest dragsterwish
Don't give up hope - maybe they will do like VIC and do it after work hours.

Maybe they do their web updates once everyone is logged off the computers in the office.

I like that! :biggrin:

Well when SA brought out that ss list a short time ago it did seem like they were way off of releasing their SMP list.

Patience is not my strong point especially when you've been waiting what seems like an eternity!

Guest dragsterwish
Well when SA brought out that ss list a short time ago it did seem like they were way off of releasing their SMP list.

Patience is not my strong point especially when you've been waiting what seems like an eternity!

Yeah, agree.

For me, patience only works if there is a fixed release date to work towards. Waiting for an unknown date takes a supernormal level of patience which is found wanting in me too.

Within the FAQ section

Q4 When are the state and territory Migration Plans being introduced?

The department expects that all Plans will have commenced by the end of the 2010 calendar year, however, Plans for each state and territory will not all commence at the same time.

so worst case for the remaining states is likely to be less than 2 months

Guest lena007

I emailed SA yesterday regarding SMPs and this is the replied I got:

Dear XXX,

In response to your e-mail enquiry, the State Migration Plan (SMP) has not been signed off by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship and there is no set date for when the SMP will be implemented.

Please monitor the Immigration SA website for updates on the SMP, State Sponsored Migration List (SSML) and sponsorship criteria:

General skilled migration :: Make The Move

Program Support Officer, General Skilled Migration

International Market Development - Migration

Department of Trade and Economic Development

I guess SA's smp has not been signed off, so more waiting

Typical DIAC cra%

How about this frequently asked question( The most obvious that has been ommitted !!!)

I already have a visa lodged after receiving SS from a state and my occupation is not on the SMP list will my nomination from that state be valid ?

They refer to visas lodged BUT never mention about those already sponsored by a state.

Unbelievable !!!!:mad:

Typical DIAC cra%

How about this frequently asked question( The most obvious that has been ommitted !!!)

I already have a visa lodged after receiving SS from a state and my occupation is not on the SMP list will my nomination from that state be valid ?

They refer to visas lodged BUT never mention about those already sponsored by a state.

Unbelievable !!!!:mad:

Hiya,

I read it that it it is still valid but will stay cat 3 and not bumped up to cat 2. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

Hi Gav Car

Unfortunately not . You are only Cat 3 if on the new SOL 3 as of 1.7.10. My wife is a Hairdresser in SOL4 who has state sponsorship from WA.

I was hoping that WA might have power over DIAc to get an allowance for people that they had sponsored irrespective of occupation to be included in their SMP.

The whole process is really starting to get on my nerves. I cant see how we should have to wait 8 months to get Wa agreement of state sponsorship only for ot to be rendered void.

WA is an over subscribed state apparantly. I don't think there will be enough spaces thus financial for everyone. I'm getting quite worried about whether there will be spaces for myself and my family

Reading various threads and posts on here I'm getting the view that the release of the SMPs are gonna cause an absolute nightmare for everyone involved. Does the right hand know what the left hand is doing!

There's sooo many unanswered questions let's hope DIAC can answer them!

Guest dragsterwish
WA is an over subscribed state apparantly. I don't think there will be enough spaces thus financial for everyone. I'm getting quite worried about whether there will be spaces for myself and my family

Hi, I wouldn't say WA is over-subscribed. WA alone is bigger than all the other States combined! Its economy is also the fastest growing & they definitely needed more skill workers than their own population can produce. Thus, its fair that WA get the appropriate share of the visa quota.

Archived