Anybody using Telstra prepay mobile broadband?

Pozz

If anybody else is, could you tell me how you are finding it and how it works....as im sure something is wrong with mine.

Ive been here nearly 3 weeks, and so far its cost me $160!!! this equals nearly 10gb, but you have a bonus cap?? It seems whenever I use up the bonus cap I have to recharge the damn thing (that should make sense to anybody using it too).

Ive spoken to the numpties in the store and they said things must be running in the background and uploading or viewing pics will eat it up, but ive only uploaded 12 photos on FB and made sure nothing is running elsewhere.

What am I doing wrong with it?

:arghh:

Guest siamsusie

Hi Pozz, I am on Satellite, but I do have a Telstra Dongle for the odd occasions if we are away in Oz. and have found it to be extortionate. I still have it as a backup and whether it is my imagination or not, if I recharged at say $20 a shot this seemed to last less then recharging at say $50.

The "end by date" I found extremely unfair as there is no carry over..

Before I went back to work $140 or so per month was not an unknown figure for me to use either.

I hope you manage to obtain something more permanent soon

Susie

Hi Pozz

I use a telstra prepaid usb dongle occasionally when travelling around and haven't had any issues with it. 10Gb in 3weeks is less than 500mb per day, which for my circumstances, would be about right, but obviously, you may be a lighter user, so there may be something amiss. Have you tried connecting, (but don't have any thing open such as web pages, skype etc) and look at the telstra app to see if the data received / sent is increasing (even though you're not running anything) - that will give you an idea if something hidden on your pc is using up your allowance.

Thanks guys, at least im reassured that nothing is wrong. It still seems extortionate to me though.

Im in a very cheap rental and dont have a phone line etc, so was planning to get proper internet when I get a permanent place (and had saved up a bit). I may well have to move sooner or use the net less!

I can honestly say this is the only thing I have against moving here....and hopefully one that will be sorted soon.

Archived