Hate Recruitment Agencies

twinsmom65

Hi Karen and Tonyman

Tonyman, Karen's husband is a Welder as well.

Have you two heard about the forthcoming WAMEX Show - apparently employers will be looking for people to do FIFO to the mines in WA?

Being female, I know nothing about what sort of Welding might happen in a mining environment and the Show might be a complete waste of time anyway. However the details are in the thread below:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/jobs-careers/97164-mining-western-australia.html

It might be worth a PM to VeryStormy on the thread above, to try to discover a bit more?

Good luck, both of you.

Cheers

Gill

Thanks Gill ,ive sent them an enquiry .......:wink:

Guest perth awaiting

Hi all

Just been reading this thread and can relate to it all. I have been in Perth now 3 weeks and have applied for about 50 jobs, only had responses from 2. Did go for an interview last week and the guy was so ignorant. Left me sat in reception for 30 mins, no aplogogy, then just shouted 'oiy come in here'. In for about 2 mins with the promise of contacting me the next day with a decision! And as expected no call. Agencies just the same as described.

Will just have to keep plugging away and try to remember it is only 3 weeks.

Ann

Guest guest32776
Hi all

Just been reading this thread and can relate to it all. I have been in Perth now 3 weeks and have applied for about 50 jobs, only had responses from 2. Did go for an interview last week and the guy was so ignorant. Left me sat in reception for 30 mins, no aplogogy, then just shouted 'oiy come in here'. In for about 2 mins with the promise of contacting me the next day with a decision! And as expected no call. Agencies just the same as described.

Will just have to keep plugging away and try to remember it is only 3 weeks.

Ann

I am trying to see the amusing side of the poor job situation up here in Cairns! I am a qualified English teacher, have an MBA and about 10 years experience as head of a commodity brokers desk but am so desperately bored I am about to take my CV in to a shoe shop for part time minimum wage job! Don't give up! I am just counting on eventually everyone else in the city will be employed and then they may have to take someone on who isn't Aussie and has too many qualifications!! (the constant excuse I am getting!!)

Archived