Car and Bike Licences?!?!

Guest fishbone

Guest fishbone

Hi all,

I'm moving out to Oz for a year on a 1 year working holiday on 5th Sept. Just could do with some information on driving over there (assuming i can afford too!:twitcy:)!!

I will of had my UK licence for 1 year 6months when I arrive in Sept! Although I'm flying to Sydney, i won't really need to drive til i get to and settle in Perth. Will i need to take any tests or will my current licence be ok for the 12 months??

Also if anyone knows how to get hold of info on taking a motorbike tests (costs/elgibility/etc.) that would e much appreciated too! Hopefully planning a bike trip with my mate in April for a months travel from Cairns to Melbourne! Fingers crossed! He will have his licence but it will under a year old....any issues??

Many thanks

Gav

Hiya Gav ,,not sure on all of it ,but if i were you id check the dept of transport website for info ,not just for perth but everywere you will travel through on your hols as rules change state to state.You could also go into one of their shops when you arrive and ask over the counter mif you do need any aussie one they can do it there and then.There are lots of new laws coming in for new drivers in Qld ,you arent allowed pillion passengers etc,must have so many hours driver training ,its all over the papers so im sure a search of the courier mail may give you some facts too.Be warned the standard of driving here is terrible,to the extent my biker hubby is selling up ,one a week are killed on bikes in and around brisbane,accidents daily ,,be careful !!!

Cal x

Guest fishbone

Cheers Cal,

I know there's the risk but what can u do! lifes a risk! :0S To be fair...i'm more just interested in getting over there and living the dream! if i have to pedal bike it everywhere i will! i'm sure i'll be a happy lad either way! literally booked it all up less than 2months ago..which is about the same time i decided to do it! the phrase "wing and a prayer" comes to mind!! lol!

thanks again! that was my first post so it was nice to get a reply! :0P

Gav

• 1 year later...
Guest The Aston Family

Hi there i hold a HGV licence and my wife holds her HGV , Bike and tracked licences here in the uk, does anyone know if we will have to resit all of these tests individually again or is it just the one to obtain the australian licence

We are moving to victoria state

many thanks

Tim Aston

Archived